Why has this board become such shit? I feel like the overall quality of threads and posts has declined steeply...

Why has this board become such shit? I feel like the overall quality of threads and posts has declined steeply. Some of the stupid things I see on here seem like they should be on /v/, not Veeky Forums.

What can be done to combat this?

Wait for summer to end.

Seems basically the same as when I started coming about 5 years back. It's worse now because the alt right has infested but Veeky Forums was never very good.

When moot broke /pol/ as his parting gift all the idiots swarmed onto other boards and now they're here to stay.

Mods should ban and delete more, I have never seen a USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST here.

>muh alt-right boogeyman
Let me guess, you think Heart of Darkness is racist.

I agree with this. Fucking kids all over my lawn. Please mods purge this board of all the fucking filth.

>muh alt right persecution complex

Go back to your /pol/ safespace.

can you post some examples of bad posts and threads so i know what to avoid

>Seems basically the same as when I started coming about 5 years back.
It definitely isn't, no.

People have been making these threads for the last four years. Was Veeky Forums ever of a higher quality?

Lurk

This one.

No we're just tired of your boring undank memes everytime black or female authors are discussed.

Also many people unironically don't start with the Greeks and haven't even read the Iliad.

actually moot nuking /pol/ attracted hordes of /s4s/ memesters who made the neo-/pol/ that now pollutes the entirety of Veeky Forums

>le praise kek xD

In some ways I think the board now is better than it has ever been. I've been on Veeky Forums since day one and it it seems to always have a load of shitty tripfags who the community gets caught up either hating or jacking off over. The only one worth remembering is Quentin, the rest were shit. I don't see many around these days so that's one positive.

In other respects the board feels like it has always felt. 80% is people obviously new to reading discussion the same 50 books and having the same 50 discussions. The place has always been like that.

For me it's always been the case, from the start of Veeky Forums to the present day, that there's only been two or three threads worth reading a day, the rest being in the aforementioned 80% or so shit it doesn't even qualify as being entrylevel.

>alt right edgelords aren't a bunch of annoying cunts

If you take a look at any other board, especially /tv/, Veeky Forums will feel like a breath of fresh air.

Stop coming here, probably.

Not enough people using this.

>The only one worth remembering is Quentin
Hey Quentin.

At least there's no more art threads

amen to that