Does ground beef need to be cooked completely through?

Does ground beef need to be cooked completely through?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q5Dj5G1kaqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It does if you like awful dry burgers with no flavor

They should be cooked more than that though, more like this

While a regular steak can get away with only having the outside cooked, because any pathogens will not make it all the way to the inside, ground beef can potentially have bacteria all over it. Yes, it does need to be cooked all the way through.

If you trust your meat source you don't need to but it's better safe than sorry.

>Does ground beef need to be cooked completely through?

There is no yes/no answer to that. It's a matter of risk management.

If I'm eating burgers from a questionable establishment then I'll get them well done.

If I'm making them myself and I thus know the quality of the meat, or if I'm getting them from a trusted restaurant, I'll go for medium rare.

Unless you're grinding your own yes, I wouldn't take any chances with store bought ground meat that isn't cooked all the way through

This kind of liberal mentality is what is ruining the world.

This. Ground beef the vast majority of time is from multiple sources thus the risk of pathogen is much higher.

If the ground beef is from one source...why the fuck are you paying a premium for ground beef anyway when for pennies one could get an actual cut of beef.

>why the fuck are you paying a premium for ground beef

I'm not. I buy a whole piece of meat and I grind it myself.

>Better safe than sorry
>Using logic and Understanding
>Liberal
Kek

I ask for burgers medium-well when asked. Really, it's just my way of telling the cook not to make a hockey puck out of my burger.

>Pathogens are found only on the outside of a piece of meat
>Blends it all together so parts of the outside and now in the center of the meat
>Do I have to cook all parts of the meat?

Answered your own question

>Autism
>The post

Am I the only one who really hates the taste of less than well done ground beef despite liking the flavor of rare steak?

Yes, this liberal approach to food has made the human race weak. People are constantly worried about salmonella and other pathogens when it should be the pathogens that are worried about us. I've been consuming rare dishes (pork, beef, chicken, lamb) for the better part of a decade and never had an issue other than mild indigestion. Humans are adaptive organisms and possess the microbial environment and enzymes to deal with these things. Why do you think gypsies can eat literal trash and survive? It's because the stupid liberals haven't filled their minds with lies about what we should or shouldn't eat. It's the same story with Ebola. You can go your entire life fearing it or you can just take it on the chin and embrace it.

i usually do medium rare, regardless of source

i don't buy super cheap dodgy meat ever, though

i've never gotten sick

No

t. Mettbrötchen

If you cook a burger on medium heat for more than five minutes on one side and three on the other at the very most regardless of how done it is, you done fucked up

While there are plenty of people who are capable of eating undercooked food just fine, there are plenty more who will get sick and possibly die because of it. Congratulations on winning the genetic lottery, but we cannot all be so lucky.

I ate steak given to me by a person who operated on the side of the road in Africa. The meat was on a tarp so that the sewage running by didn't get on it.

You fucking liberal children these days so scared of everything.

Raw ground beef is fine. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a beta.

Lol

Well do mankind a favour and remove your weak genetics from the gene pool. Can I say mankind? Or should I use a gender neutral term to avoid upsetting you?

Nah, they can be a little pink in the middle, it's not dangerous.
But it depends on the quality of the meat I guess.

>2017
>Not tipping the cow over and feasting on its flesh before it fades from consciousness

you guys are fucking pussies

Kekd

So you are a gypsy.. the human equivalent of a rat

post it

POST THE WEBM

Only if you buy it preground without knowing if the butcher just ground and packaged it....

:^)

youtube.com/watch?v=q5Dj5G1kaqI

This nigga stupid.

Is it time for Ja/ck/s juicy burgers?

>cook here

I go out of my way to make any cut if meat dry and inedible as possible when someone orders it
>medium well

Just a little tip buddy order it medium

Same

I literally have an iron stomach, and i know people that will get e coli from eating a fucking cheeseburger

Is he frying mushrooms in motor oil?

>all of that horseradish

Is this guy fucking daft

That was cream of tartar.

>Is he frying mushrooms in motor oil?

He's actually boiling celery in red balsamic wine vinegar lol....to make his "burger sauce"....I wish I was joking

>He's actually boiling celery in red balsamic wine vinegar

Actually that was 5W-30, and those are mushrooms. He explains it in the video.

I've taken some pretty serious gambles before when eating meat. I literally consumed rancid chicken once by accident and then went into a panic. How, you might ask? Basically, I was delirious from dieting and was using some new meme spice my mother had purchased. I thought the smell was from the spice. I ate it and then immediately went into a panic once I realized what had happened. The whole house reeked of this rancid ass chicken that I just cooked on my George Foreman.

And guess what?

Nothing happened. My stomach hurt a little bit and I had some indigestion but it passed within an hour or so.

On a side note, drinking hard liquor can mitigate many of the risks from bacteria and other pathogens. So sip some whiskey when you're eating your rare meats.

Depends on how much disease you want to eat? How sick you want to risk getting?

Alive, the cow was fighting lots of internal diseases with an active immune system. All kinds of nasty germs have been growing in the meat since it died. Killed meat isn't still alive and growing, as is a picked vegetable. It is dead meat that lots of teeny bugs eat and shit in. And then all the other bugs come along that eat that shit. E.coli, one of many bacteria, isn't pleasant. Long-term repeated consumption of e.coli and other bacteria causes cumulative damage. And now that antibiotic resistant e.coli has arrived, it's even more important to fully cook all meat and ensure cooked meat never touches surfaces contaminated with uncooked meat. Eating raw meat can only be a guy thing, showing off that they can eat disgusting stuff.

There is a spectrum of risk in eating raw or very rare ground beef.
It should be safe, but that depends on two things that you have little control over: the quality and handing of the beef, and your own immune system.
If the beef was mishandled or past expiration, well then its loaded with pathogens. A dirty grinder, a sloppy butcher, improper storage, etc will lead to risky meat.
The second factor is how strong is YOUR body to resist such things. We could eat the same burger and you will get sick, and I will be fine. If you frequently get sick, you are simply a weak individual and you need to use extra precaution. I know for a fact I have a strong immune system, so I regularly eat rare beef. If you want to play it safe, then cook the shit out of it. But this is not a one-size-fits-all rule. The nursing home and children's hospital would not risk it, but I will. Because I like it. So fuck you.

we should just make everyone eat raw meat and let the weak idiots die so only the strong survive

no

You wouldn't be able to serve something like this in my city.
A fully cooked burger can be "too juicy" as it is, why would I want ground beef still bleeding

yeah if you get it from a big ol chain grocer

>A fully cooked burger can be "too juicy" as it is, why would I want ground beef still bleeding

Hey friendo! I thought I'd drop by and correct you a little bit so you can be more educated in the culinary arts! That way you can be just as rad and informed as us Kool Katz

It's not actually blood that is juice in a juicy burger. It's actually just a mixture of fat, water and myoglobin

Let me know if you have any questions, and as always, stay Kool!

-Chef Lightning

>cooked completely through?

people thinking 'cooked' means 'brown' is why anglo cuisine sucks so fucking hard.

>If I'm making them myself and I thus know the quality of the meat, or if I'm getting them from a trusted restaurant, I'll go for medium rare.

Never ever has anyone ever asked me if I wanted it well done or medium whenever I ordered a burger.

well it happens.

Red Robin does it. It's fucking weird. They also have a burger where they out a sunny-side-up egg on it. It's disgusting.

>Nothing happened. My stomach hurt a little bit and I had some indigestion but it passed within an hour or so.
You contradict yourself in the same line.

>I go out of my way to make any cut if meat dry and inedible as possible when someone orders it
>>medium well
>guys look I'm projecting my own personal tastes onto other people because mine are clearly superior
You need to be gassed.

That's probably because you only order burgers from fast food restaurants

Ground meat browns pretty fast because of its loose consistency. If it's still pink, it probably isn't that warm.

Indigestion is nothing. Something would be like diarrhea, vomiting, etc

Just annihilated a rare lamb burger. Deal with it

I grind my own beef because I think it tastes better and I feel it's better quality then the random unpopular products that go into Ground Beef.

I cook it to Medium. I only like my Steaks rare. Medium just feels right for ground beef.

>I grind my own beef

Hey there friendo, that sounds pretty Kool and Rad!

What cuts of meat do you prefer to grind and what proportions?

Thanks in advance for the advice Kool Kat!

-Chef Lightning

>If it's still pink, it probably isn't that warm.
You can take the 'probably' out of that sentence. Newsflash though: food is not supposed to be shit-fuck scalding hot. Food is supposed to be cooked. If your burger is cooked but not well done it's not going to be hot. It's going to be less than 60°C - at absolute most and assuming it's not rested for shit. Your fish is going to be barely over you body temperature. Serious fever, but not more.

This has nothing to do with browning which is a different process altogether.

Weak genetic cucks btfo

A little pink most likely will not hurt you.

>Is this guy fucking daft
yes he is a 100% retard

>what is beef tartar

Looks yummy to me. I'm a virile young man so I fear no food born pathogens. Worst case scenario diarrhea for a day. All other anons are simpering pussies brainwashed by the fda

a lot of pink most likely was ur mom last night lol

While a perfectly healthy human body can withstand the assault of different viruses and bacteria it's not a good idea to get sick in the first place. People are all different and folks still die from shit like e coli, you stupid plague rat.

E. Coli is everywhere bro. Chances are you are covered in it as we speak. It's not some rare deadly disease. 99% of the time it is harmless part of the natural microenvironment.

Hmm. That's true.

Well, the point is that, in general, most people who can choose to eat a good hamburger come from fully developed countries and the majority of these people enjoy actually cooking their meat instead of eat it as close to raw as possible. Not everybody is a poor Indian street urchin, or some Chinese farmer plucking rice out of an industrial sewage rice paddy.

Cook your meats and be conscious of the health hazards. The best way to ensure a juicy burg while minimizing the risk of food-borne illness is to get a fatty blend and cook it medium well at least. Everybody is welcome to eat raw ground beef if they feel like gambling with their immune system.

>tfw auto-immune disease
I try to remember to wash my hands often while cooking or preparing food. If I'm chopping vegetables first, I do the meat after.

Congratulations you read the FDA web page while completely sidestepping the fact that any food safety improvement between medium rare hamburger and medium well from a first world food supply is negligible, within a statistical margin error, at best.

I typed out a whole two paragraph thing explaining why you're retarded, but I figured you wouldn't read it considering how stupid you seem to be.

You're not impressing anyone by eating your burger patty medium and under, let alone the chef. A burger is different from a steak so get off your culinary high horse and acting like you wouldn't be the first to complain if your burger was bleeding in the middle, faggot.

This ain't the paleolithic era. People cook their food nowadays. Deal with it.

dude the whole argument is that it tastes better rare. no one is doing it to be cool.

OP asked if ground beef needs to be cooked all the way through. To avoid any risk of illness from undercooked ground beef, yes, it needs to be cooked all the way through. If you trust your meat source and grind it yourself, it needs to be cooked at least medium-medium well. That's not me saying it tastes better at that doneness, that's science saying it's safest to eat that way.

If we're talking about taste, there are two people in this world: those who enjoy their patties firm yet juicy, and those who enjoy it melting in your mouth and juicy. You can easily make a juicy patty at any doneness, but that's not what OP or most people were arguing about.

>alt righters telling us how to eat now
typical.

I'm going to throw up.

Most likely you'll be fine. If you're going to eat meat pink, beef is the preferred choice. But personally I fucking hate the texture and taste of pink ground beef and do not enjoy raw meat juices absorbing into the bun. It's totally unlike eating a nice medium rare steak.

What a ghay pussie god ure dumb

>mfw americans come into my restaurant from time to time and always order mid rare/ medium burgers and I have to explain to the retard serving them that it's against the law to serve burgers cooked under well done in Canadia.
Then the amerifats get mad

>.t alt-lite cuckservative

The texture of rare, ground meat is too soft. It's shit. Give me 80% lean, medium well for a nice firm juicy burger.

>things that happened
>this post
Pick one

I wouldn't order it pink, but if i grind and cook it myself and i trust the shop i got it from, then yeah, leaving it a bit pick is fine.

Personally i prefer to always cook ground meat well and just let the fat content be the moisture in the burger.

o
b
s
e
s
s
e
d

You ever see those x-rays of that old Chinese woman who ate raw pork her whole life? Maybe go google that.

H-how bad are the worms user? Also beef doesn't typically carry worms especially ones that get processed under USDA guidelines.

Why do people insist on making burgers out of 100% beef when some ground oats or breadcrumbs could improve the texture and flavor just like they do for meatballs and meatloaf

Then you can cook them fully, like you should because of how filthy ground meat is, and it will still taste good

idiots already eat raw ground beef as you can see in this thread. so they will die soon.

You've never been to a respectable burger joint then

t. pussy-faggot-beta

o b e s e d
b
e
s
e
d

every person who cooks their ground meat and leaves it pink is a dumbshit who likes eating wet sponges, the only reason full cuts of beef should be kept pink is because it actually has structure from not being minced up, and enjoy your worms too

FUCK THAT I recently ate a couple bites of chicken that spent a day too long in the fridge that I purposely overcooked thinking it would be okay. Tasted fine as it was in a bake until I took a bite that just tasted slightly off. My next week was spend shitting and vomiting.

Still gunna fry my up some chicken tonight tho