Isaac Newton is to Classical Mechanics as Albert Einstein is to General Relativity as ______ is to Quantum Mechanics

Isaac Newton is to Classical Mechanics as Albert Einstein is to General Relativity as ______ is to Quantum Mechanics

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Zeilinger
twitter.com/AnonBabble

me

Werner Heisenberg you fucking science-illiterate popsci fuck.

Sheldon Cooper

Feynman

hillbert

v. neumann

planck?
gay thread

>Isaac Newton is to Newtonian Mechanics***

Classical Mechanics is a far more sophisticated theory then just what Newtown did.

Newton mattered much more than Einstein did.

Newton personally invented ridiculous amounts of math and science. He performed experiments with his own hands and eyes. He pushed things ahead by decades if not centuries.

Einstein was more of a collator. He did no experiments but was an extremely social person who talked constantly with other scientists working on the same problems. He rose to fame by rushing to publish neatly-summarized ideas without citation or attribution. By his own admission his mathematical background was limited and he took vague ideas around to other physicists and mathematicians to develop them into workable theories. If he had never lived, it's unlikely that the progress of science would have lagged by even a month.

Schrödinger and his cat

Just leave

a group of people

QM is more of a group effort than the other two, so it's really hard to give all the credit to one person.

If there's one person who deserves it though, it's Erwin Schrodinger.

Ehhh sorry bro, this guy down threre is right:

i would bang her and mash if you know what i mean

William Rowan Hamilton

The way I've heard it, Schrödiner was a minor part of the puzzle. He came up with the equation from some pretty elementary manipulations, and was kind of a fluke.

Albert Einstein, Max Plank, Erwin Schrodinger, Niels Bohr, Paul Dirac etc. It has many fathers.

This is the correct answer. There were a number of experiments just after the turn of the 20th century that were elucidating certain aspects of quantum mechanics. All of these dudes literally got together at a series of conferences over the years and hashed this stuff out debate-style.

>English """""""""food"""""""""

Lagrange and Hamiltonian pls fuck off.

bump

>Albert Einstein is to General Relativity
He didn't really pioneer it or invent it. He just published first FFS.

He's no Gisha Pelerman or anyone who ever contributed to human knowledge.

Bill Nye the bachelor of science guy

>All of these dudes literally got together at a series of conferences over the years and hashed this stuff out debate-style.
...which is probably why it's so conceptually incoherent: QM is a product of design-by-committee.

Planck

that's more QFT

Oh my god this calls for the three Bs.

BIG

BRITISH

BREAKFASTS.

Maybe Heisenberg or Planck or Bohr. I'm really not qualified enough to say.

Brian Cox. Newton and Einstein were just as much presenters as they were scientists.

Yes this. Prolly same with Maxwell. Icons are needed to concentrate knowledge and focus enthusiasm. Usually chosen to reinforce flows of money, the social ladder or cultural magnetism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Zeilinger

Eggs are slightly undercooked and has no seasoning, beans are ruining the texture of the meal in addition to overpowering half the plate, hash-browns looked frozen at one point in time, mushy tomatoes clash with the palate, breakfast sausage instead of chorizo or italian, sinewy ham that looks straight from walmart, breasts necessarily marked and underdone. 1/10 would not eat

"If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics." Richard Feynman.

brainlet talk right there

Isaac Newton is overrated.

He seems to be famous only in USA as a pop culture character.

Is it because it's the only english famous scientist ?

Rutherford

Herschel, Faraday, and Maxwell

Schröedinger ? Heisenberg ? Niels Bohr ?

>______ is to the ElectroMagnetic Force

>______ is to the Gravitational Force

>______ is to the Weak Nuclear Force

>______ is to the Strong Nuclear Force

Yes but they are hardcore scientists, you don't learn about them when you are very young.

I think this is the reason of the success of Newton. This and " le funny apple on la head ".

Shrödinger. Sure, he might not have been the most instrumental in understanding and interpreting everything, but the came up with the goddamn wave equation, which is the closest to the other two examples.

Newton is by no means "overrated"

bump

>you don't learn about them when you are very young

6th grade physics.
Read a book, son.

Rutherford is a New Zealander you retard

bump

Schrödinger

de Broglie

>general framework of motion
it's Schrodinger

RECOMMENDED READING FOR THIS THREAD:

Men Who Made a New Physics

by Barbara Lovett Cline

Not gonna lie, it took me 5 tries to read your post because I kept looking back at the tits... D-did I fail guys?

Nah, I'm in the same boat.

Max Planck

/thread

You're fucking joking right? Schrodinger made up one equation based on ad hoc energy relations and got lucky that it worked out. He then quit physics because the interpretations/results of quantum physics were too much for his brainlet mind.

Furthermore, the Schrodinger picture and wave mechanics in general are honestly the most misleading formulations of QM, arguably even more misleading than Feynman's path integrals.

It really was a group effort, through and through. If you want to really thank one person, thank von Neumann for putting the physics into a useful, generalized, and rigorous formalism. In classical mechanics, you can get by on poorly defined mathematical structures because of "muh intuition." In quantum theory, you can't get away with that shit. Thank god von Neumann lived to fix that shit.