Why does everyone act like they're so sorry that I'm lactose intolerant and that I'm missing out in life...

Why does everyone act like they're so sorry that I'm lactose intolerant and that I'm missing out in life? If I could eat dairy every day, I'd get fat as shit. Is dairy really all its cracked up too be?

>that I'm missing out in life?

Because you literally are. There's a wide group of foods that you can't eat.

>>Is dairy really all its cracked up too be?
Like any other class of food some of it is shit and some of it is fucking amazing.

But it's not so much that dairy itself is anything special; it's more like there is a massive amount of food that you can't have. It's about the limitation in general. We'd say the same thing if someone said "they can't eat meat", or "can't eat fruit" or any other wide class of foods.

>If I could eat dairy every day, I'd get fat as shit.

That's not true at all. Plenty of people eat dairy everyday and stay Veeky Forums or /skeleton/ as fuck. You are missing out, but don't lose sleep over something you can't control.

>is dairy really all it's cracked up to be?
Yes it is. I'm sorry your weak ass genes are robbing you of queso flameado

Yes. Cheese alone, and the amount of foods that utilize it should make it abundantly clear. That doesn't even include milk, ice cream, yogurt, etc.

How can you tell if you're lactose intolerant? I have a weird feeling I might be, or maybe there have just been a lot of coincidences.

For me it's dependent on the dose. For something light, like a slice of cheese, it's gas>diarrhea >tummy ache. For a meal, like mac and cheese it's instant cramping>vomiting

You get digestive symptoms (burping, farting, diarrhea) if you consume a dairy product.

Note that some dairy products like long-aged hard cheeses are naturally low in lactose so those might not create any symptoms.

It's easy to check. Drink a glass of milk or eat a bunch of cheese and see if that sends you to the restroom. If it does, next try to consume a lactose-free version or take some lactaid tablets and repeat the experiment. If you're OK that time then it's confirmed.

i have that but with eggs

feels bad

I, too, am lactose intolerant and dairy is pretty awesome. I can take lactose pills for most things like pizza, chocolate milk, regular cheeses, ice cream, etc and it's all awesome. Dairy inhibitors though don't work for me with anything that contains heavy cream or butter milk.

However after years of just not ordering or consuming dairy...I find I just don't miss it that often. I get cravings for it sure...like an avalanche I'll just be "holy shit I need Ben and Jerrys right now". But otherwise I'm good, eat and cook non dairy and I'm fine with it.

>If I could eat dairy every day, I'd get fat as shit.

stupid

My dad has that too, but not for lactose. It's weird. Are you Asian too? I'm Pinoy/Viet with some Jap

I see. It's just that sometimes after having milk or whatever, my stomach feels weird. I thought it was maybe my diet considering I eat a lot of shit. It happens with other foods as well so I just thought it was my stomach not agreeing with what I ate.

It seems gas runs on my dad's side of the family as well. I do get random burps here and there or gas. I'll have to experiment then.

The symptoms don't happen all the time which is why I assume it's coincidences. Thanks user.

FRIDGE THREAD

no, white north american

Some people are just naturally more gassy than others. There's not a whole lot you can do about taht unless you're willing to change your whole diet around that.

You could experiment with it though. Like not eating any dairy for a while and see if it makes any difference, and then eat lots of dairy products and see if it gets worse again.

Because you are disabled. People feel bad about crippled folk these days.

Post your feet

>massive amounts
>massive amounts
Midwesterner detected

Eating is 90% mastication and not even 10% swallowing, don't sweat it my dude. Kefir is phenomenal, and of course there are a huge variety of cheeses which pair with crackers and grapes as simple snacks.

I could do without milk and yogurt forever but I would miss cheese.

Man lactose intolerant people are just a bunch of betas. Your body would produce the enzymes necessary if you would consume more. Instead you don't and just cave at the first sign of discomfort. Pussies

That's wrong though, you fucking moron. That's what happened in my family to my Nana. She was super lactose intolerant but my family would keep feeding her dairy and she would get more and more sick.
It's a Viet thing. Fuck my retarded, Abo-tier heritage

Is that shopped?

Nice fridge, OP

Is it bad that I don't want to date a guy who's allergic to dairy and risk passing his weak genes onto my children?

its a pain in the ass to cater for people with dietary restrictions when you have a gathering, besides that i couldnt care less and im certainly not butthurt if somebody actually is lactose intolerant.
What i dont like are people with made up restrictions like "glutenintolerance and also i cant eat bellpeppers and chili =D", ... if you invite 10 people and have to change your menu or cook something seperate just because one person doesnt like chilis, then theres a vegetarian in the bunch and it starts to become a real pain.but yeah, besides that people can be as sick or neurotic as they are and want to be

No, perfectly reasonable

I hate cheese

So I can also refuse to date a black man because I don't want unintelligent children?

>don't lose sleep over something you can't control

A lot of people who develop lactose intolerance later in life do so because of overexposure to the compound. Inversely, those who have an adverse reaction to lactose never condition their bodies to the compound.

When you introduce a foreign substance to your body, your body's first reaction is to treat it like a viral infection. However, like a vaccine, if you introduce it into your daily regiment, it gives your body a chance to acclimate and process it.

Why the cuck could you not?

obvious bait or retard

Nah. Butter is amazing, steamed milk and milk foam or half and half in coffee is great, milk and cream are great ingredients. Honestly though, I could easily live without them. Except maybe butter, I dunno.

You can eat any cheese made with rennet as the enzyme lactase destroys the sugar lactose.

I don't think there is much if any lactose in butter as it is concentrated milk fat not milk sugar which is what lactose is.

floopy boopy

that is a fuck of a set of thighs

NOT SHOPPED

I'm not usually a white meat person, but that's a nice looking chicken breast.

its tasty in the morning and good to cure a heartburn, and milkshakes are nice

but at least you dont have a seafood allergy. that must be hell

I actually hate seafood, especially shellfish, it's all I ate growing up
Same with rice too, except I still love biku. Seriously, make yourself some biku sometime, it's A M A Z I N G

>so many people ITT claim to be lactose intolerant

So how many of you are non white? I am masterrace and live in a 99% masterrace country, I don't have any food allergies or intolerance and I don't know anyone who is lactose intolerant or has serious allergies.

No one makes it past the age of 12 in Poland so that's not too surprising.

Lactose intolerance and congenital lactase deficiency are two different conditions. Lactose intolerance itself is quite common, as you age your body gradually loses the ability to break down dairy, for many this happens after the age of 5 some even younger. This doesn't mean you can't break down lactose at all, it just means your body doesn't do it well. This is the most common enzyme deficiency on the planet, black white yellow or whatever.

Congenital lactase deficiency is rare, 1 every 60,000 people or something like that, which is basically the complete inability to break down lactose. In short if your baby has this and you keep breast feeding it's going to die without medical assistance.

so i'll just look and not touch then
she's a nasty ugly person anyway

I'm so sorry you don't realize just how much you're missing.