Anybody else here a legitimate, verifiable, Good Will Hunting-esque genius?

Anybody else here a legitimate, verifiable, Good Will Hunting-esque genius?

On the one hand it's a blessing, but on the other it's an almost unbearable curse. All my life I've aced every test I've ever set. I've failed at practically nothing. Even in sports I excelled while other "academic" kids refused to even take part. I've just completed my BA in English Lit at the age of 19 and I'm about to start on my MA (fully-funded scholarship), but I don't know how long I can continue being a genius before I eventually burn out or break down. My professors all tell me that I stand out and that's it's obvious that I'm destined for great things. Heck, one of them has said outright that he wishes he had possessed my intelligence and work-rate when he was my age. Whether it's math or science or literature I just excel in everything I do without even considering that there was an option that I could not. Just last semester I solved a theorem that people had been working on for the past two decades (I won't say which one because my name is now indelibly linked with said theorem) and that was a for a class I wasn't even supposed to have attended. Psychiatrists have said that people in my very small demographic of highly intellectual individuals usually suffer from aspergers or some related disorder which deprives them of a healthy social life, but I have surprised each one in turn when I inform them that in fact I am an incredibly sociable and well-liked individual (despite also being a mysterious hermit-like recluse) and that every girl I have either dated or simply penetrated a bunch of times has described me as the kind of guy they could really see themselves with long-term.

Are there any novels about this sort of thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hQZfGa5t4e8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sage retard

>I've aced every test I've ever set
>BA in English Lit
lol

>apparently a genius
>got a BA in English lit
>didn't specify which college he's going to
>"I won't mention the name of the theorem"

Yeah imma call bullshit on this

I totally relate bro

how many confirmed kills do you have

I don't get the point of such obvious pasta spam.

I attended Yale for my BA, currently and I'm currently at NYU for my MA

no, other way tho, i am idiot and i read books

how many existential crises have you had tho??

where to meet guys like OP?

I was wondering if there's anywhere in the world where I could meet true intellectuals, in the flesh, and live among them. It would be incredible to have the sort of rare, in depth conversations that I have with my friends online with some people in person. I was thinking that because I could imagine such a seemingly realistic thing, it must be real somewhere. Such a society would preferably have a lot of hot guys who like butt fucking and dick sucking too.

The plague of being good is that you're good. No one can associate with that because they're all average or below.
>As for novels the best one I can think of is KYS stupid bragging ass cunt

>inb4 spooks
In more seriousness I feel sorry for you. Hardship is what builds a man, its what makes success so beautiful and to be striven for.

Have a sad song, Good luck with that being perfect thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=hQZfGa5t4e8

Grindr

I can only think of how hard would such life be. Good thing that I'm an idiot.

kek

Kek

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news OP, but if you got a degree later than 18 then you aren't a genius... especially in a shit tier degree like literature. Lit is something smart people do in their spare time. Not something you get a degree in.

>Anybody else here a legitimate, verifiable, Good Will Hunting-esque genius?
Obviously not enough of a genius to know that all the maths in Good Will Hunting is fucking easy though.

>BA
>MA
>A
>ARTS

Not too smart I see. Also reminder that in the movie his success was ditching the great jobs he could make to follow some cunt across country. He was an autist too.

>Also reminder that in the movie his success was ditching the great jobs he could make to follow some cunt across country.
He was ditching the jobs anyway because he was p much Diogenes.

>I've just completed my BA in English Lit at the age of 19 and I'm about to start on my MA (fully-funded scholarship

wow you are a genius :)

This reads exactly like the kind of power fantasy I used to have at 16.

>Genius
>Still posts on Veeky Forums

In this case, genius isn't desirable anymore.

Photo evidence or something pls
Pardon my skepticism but you know how it is on these image boards

NYU lol

meant for this one

I worked as a cleaner/janitor for a while. in relative terms to the people around me I was gwh-esque.

Assblasted stemtard detected

I literally can't express how much better my life has been since I attended Oxford. I went to a state school and gradually became the stereotypical moody, withdrawn sensitive type who both despises the quality of his immediate culture and feels a weird pride for having been raised in a sort of anti-intellectual and brutal environment. I was all set to take my Russell Group humanities BA and spend my life working as an anonymous, insecure wageslave forever thankful of being offered a job and forever too insecure to pursue my creative ambitions. The chip on my shoulder had become something of a wedge, and I felt too out of place regardless of my environment, too resentful and bitter to even attempt to make it in the artistic world. Then I finally applied for Oxford and got in to study an English MA, with reassurance that should I work hard enough a career in academia or within one of Oxford's affiliated companies would be almost guaranteed. I turned up as apprehensive as usual, and the first few days were spent regretting my decision and desperately feigning a cultured personality. But then I realized that the people there were just interesting and that the snobbery and exclusivity I had anticipated was just a myth borne out of my working class upbringing. I've since graduated, having spend the year dining in grand halls with groups of interesting people, dating several girls (one of whom, a petite Russian whose family traces back to the aristocracy, is now my fiancee). I work four days a week at a publishing company and earn £38k a year. I regularly meet up with friends from my college and visit Oxford for nights out and for meetings with my professors. The Martin Eden-esque novel I have been writing for two years has been selected for publication at a major British publishing house and, honestly, I could not have imagined a few years ago how great life could be. I come on Veeky Forums and see how pathetic you all are and just shake my head and chuckle. If I saw you guys on the street I would of course throw you a penny or discuss Bukowski or whatever "realist" writers you enjoy, but ultimately I would be able to tell within ten seconds if you're an Oxbridge grad and would dismiss you as a potential source of good company if you are not. I never thought I'd know what it was like to be objectively better than somebody else, for the value of my existence to be superior to the value of a stranger's, but now I do and I've never been happier. People are awed by power and prestige. All I need to do is mention the university I attended (if only for a year) and they immediately begin to hunch and look at their feet because they know they are in the presence of greatness.

it's not your fault

*sobs*

Seymour: An Introduction by Salinger. The last of his Nine Stories is also about an 11yo spiritual genius.

I know this is pasta, but it would actually be nice to be that guy if the original was true. Man do I want a comfy literary life.

I feel like this is either pasta or bait, but I'll take a bite. I'm somewhat similar to you, except I've never had a moment like solving a theorem that hadn't been completed for decades. I have mixed feelings about the whole getting a BA in English lit at 19; it was suggested that I skip grades but my mom, a schoolteacher, never let me because she said that it only ever alienated students from their peers - something I wholeheartedly agree with. When I was younger I got tested for Asperger's and the diagnosis was kind of up in the air, but the IQ tests they had me take were probably one of the first indications that I might be an exceptional genius. Regarding the Asperger's, since you brought it up as well, I feel like it doesn't really matter to me either way. I was kind of weird when I was younger, but now people genuinely like me and think of me as charismatic, so I don't think about it very much. As far as my intelligence goes, I'm kind of similar to Christopher Langan which is a bit unfortunate. I can't help but feel like you're an asshole if this isn't bait, but I still think it would be cool to talk to you if that's an option.

Also, regarding books related to genius, I haven't really heard of any, but I would assume any that do exist wouldn't be worthwhile for someone who is essentially living the plot of the book, unless you want to see how it might end.

Also, since this writing is pretty shit, I'd like to say that taking amphetamines turns your writing into a Randian mess.

ENGLISH LIT.

Confirmed retard.

Why do you keep trying to make pastas? You're the same guy every day. Don't you have anything better to do?

>photographic memory
>I can rapid recall basically every single thing since I was 2 or 3
>spent first 15 years of life excelling at everything - perfect scores, scholar athlete
>life is too easy, decide to tone it back a bit
>intentionally miss questions to not get perfect ACT and SATs, score exactly what I calculated would be optimal, i.e. Full scholarship to school of my choice
>make myself second best cross country runner at my school
>literally gonna flip a coin as to whether I get a masters or doctorate in economics next year
>occasionally let it slip for fun, get 100 on exam, nearly set course record for fun

>probably gonna kill my self within ten years

Anyone else feel like if they were this intelligent they'd just make insane beats and hype raps then surprise everyone in interviews by speaking way out of their audiences register?

>BA in English
>solving difficult theorems

Seems legit

Random user here, absurdly similar situation. I won't say I'm a genius or anything, but I was diagnosed as an aspie early on and scored about 150 on IQ tests, and although I was really weird and volatile when I was younger I've grown to be reasonably well-adjusted, albeit a bit of an acquired taste. I considered getting doing undergrad at a local (pretty prestigious but not top 10) school and being finished by 19 (which they assured me would be the case), but instead I'm opting just to apply to more prestigious schools and get a more quality education even if it does take longer. I'll still be in a teaching position in my mid 20s either way

Still, just do what appeases you, dude. Precocity is rarely a guaranteed marker of significant future success so don't sweat it

>getting doing
Whoops, couldn't decide on a verb

ITT: narcissistic aspies absolve themselves of the guilt of their adult virginity.

Are you asking me if there are any novels about narcissism?

Most novels narrated in 1st person are about that.

Lying jackass. lol

>This reads exactly like the kind of power fantasy I used to have at 16.
make the memories stop

Near genius studying lit and philosophy at top 15 u.s liberal arts college cause my parents got money

No, I'm normal but love learning. Pretty comfy.

>Anybody else
>else

Not a "genius" in your sense OP, but i'm a very famous film director and only in my mid-twenties. I don't think i'm particularly intelligent, i think i have a special intuition for emotions and a great capability of observing. Also i am great at organizing things and can get along well with people, which has helped me a lot in my career.

I am probably a genius but I haven't got the work ethic, so what's the point? I'll just keep being an alcoholic

This is the same guy everytime posting the "I'm a genius" shit. There was another thread where he talks about how he's writing a novel. And when they read stories in class his classmates have left the room crying because they know they'll never come close to how great he was.

He only shares the first line of his story, which was stolen from the critique thread. He just gave the character another name instead.

SAGE

tl;dr you're a failed alchoholic scholar.

>literally gonna flip a coin as to whether I get a masters or doctorate in economics next year
Before you top yourself what do you think about the ol Mundell-Fleming trilemma and the pre single market influence of the German economy on Belgium

if that is true, recomend me a film.

following the thread i just want to say i passed an exam with 137, but honestly, i dont really think i am that, i know i am inteligent. But not the enough, and that is something most people dont really care to understand.

Btw, last week i did another test bc i met someone who also assured that she was about to join MENSA. In one week i could recognize it was all about insecurities some people tend to cling in.

>claims to be genius
>can't imagine anything better than acing tests

How is school faggot?

You lads are clearly trying to bait me into replying. If you have anything to say to me, then say it directly.

You really shouldn't try to draw my attention desu. I'm leaving the country this year and don't plan on coming back, so there's nothing I can't get away with before I go.

Nice fantasy there, you don't sound like a narcissist at all.

It also doesn't sound like a copypasta at all.

There are lots of novels about shit that never happened, OP.

It's really starting to get to me. I'm twenty years old and admittedly I have aced almost every test I ever sat (I failed my driving test miserably, but we'll talk about that another time). But I feel that as a consequence of my academic ability I am suffering, intensely I might add, from the burden of having to live up to the "genius" image and to continue outshine my peers at every opportunity. A professor at my college, who I respect a great deal and who has pretty much tutored me on a personal level since I arrived here, is already pushing to get my debut novel finished, and really it doesn't feel right. He says it's hilarious and extremely promising for my age, and when I ask what he means by "my age" he says that not once in his three decades of teaching has he come across a student so able to produce top quality work on so consistent a basis. I even had a girl pack up her things and walk out of a class in the final semester of last year after I was asked to read one of my stories. When I ran out and caught up with her she was in tears and simply explained that I made her "realize how talentless" she was in comparison. I mean, ouch. But it's killing me, inside, to think that I will forever be unable to enjoy the simple and mundane things in life, and that I will forever be distinguished among my peers and therefore distanced from them in some way. My girlfriend tries to assure me by explaining that I have a gift and that I'd be stupid to waste it. My friends all say that they are happy for my success and excited to see what happens in my future. My parents and my teachers tell me all the time how proud they are to have a genius in their family / class, but I'm left empty, hollow, forever striving to meet some standard I know I never will, and never can.

Two nights ago, afflicted by a Dostoevskian sense of anomie and despair, I left my cabin late at night and walked through an intense rainstorm through the dark hills nearby, pleading with some powerful force to unburden me from the weight of my intellect and self-awareness, which has lately become so burdensome that I am struggling to appreciate anything in life as compensatory for the suffering and struggle that my sensitivity and heightened state of consciousness imposes.. Little did I expect that my pleading, my prayers even, would be answered. I had reached the summit of a craggy hill from which I could see the distant lights of Haugesund glowing faintly in the distance. I was wearing my long dark overcoat, which I had purchased in a charity store in Oslo before moving here as it appealed to me due to its association, in my mind, with the image of the poverty-stricken artistic genius. This coat was affording me little warmth or comfort however on account of the heavy rain making it damp and heavy. I was pale and shivering, on the verge of the kind of existential crises which served as a precursor no-doubt to the mental collapse of individuals such as Nietzsche and Van Gogh. But then, on my knees in the thick wet earth, my wet hair sticking to my face, tears pouring from my eyes as I contemplated just how much of a Zarathustra-esque figure I must have then appeared, a flash of lightning illuminated the peaks of some distant mountains, and in those few seconds before the thunder that followed, in a moment in which all sound and movement seemed to have ceased entirely, there entered into my mental landscape a vision so overpowering that when it faded away I was left gasping and open-mouthed. What this vision is will remain a secret to me until the work of art it has ushered into being is completed. But what a moment that was in my life. Never before and never again will the fundamental aspects of existence appear so lucid in my mind.

I'm 19 years old.

I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a creative writing professor at my college has read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.

I have a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

I have a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both my parents are alive and in good health.

I have no regrets.

I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

I will live a good life at your expense.

I am extremely sensitive and observant. I've suffered a great deal throughout my life because of my stubborn loyalty to the ideals of beauty and virtue. My life, consequently, has been very eventful, even if I've made the conscious decision not to leave to home for the past several years. A profound man will experience more glory and emotional intensity by pouring a glass of semi-skimmed milk than a stolid, callous proletarian will ever experience despite living a life of novelty and wantonness. It has been my conviction for some time that the Great Men of this world are bound to go unnoticed in their own lifetime. I read a biography of Hans Fallada recently and the way he was treated (mistreated) by the publishing culture of his time reassured me somewhat. Robert Musil was the same, as were many other Great Minds

Resorting to cliched namecalling has no effect on the contemporary NEET. We are economic auto-didacts, self-taught philosophers and gifted visionaries. While others waste their life labouring under the orders of those who see only material cost in life, we pursue leisure above all else, knowing as we do that leisure and time to oneself is the basis of genius. Despite many people disliking the culture and society they help maintain through their work, and despite understanding now that we have only a single life on earth and that any meaning we attribute to it as the result of self-willed or socially-inculcated ideologies, they continue to wake early and trudge to their jobs for one single reason: Guilt. Throughout time religions have taken advantage of Man's guilt, a guilt experienced for no logical reason except that he unlike other animals is a self-aware being whose abstract thoughts conflict with the apparently practical, rational reality he finds himself a part of. We post-guilt NEETs will not bow to internal or external pressures encouraging us to sacrifice our contentment and sensitive dispositions for the sake of attaining money, or womenfolk. We alone stand proudly, detached from but keenly observant of the slave masses who yell at us for not being as unhappy as they are. We alone, we band of true men, defend our right to live a dignified life against those wishing to deprive of us of it. Yes you can mock, you can criticize, you can echo the demands your masters make upon you. But who is likely to regret their lives more? The noble and dignified NEETs who spend their truly precious time reading, pondering, philosophizing and engaging in critical, urgent debate online? Or the miserable, resentful masses, their eyes bloated and sagged by excess folds of skin, their hair falling out and their gums bleeding from stress, their bowels destroyed by a sedentary lifestyle spent at their desks clicking endlessly while their boss breaths down their necks? This is reality. This is 2015. We are the future.

Beneath the Wheel by Hermann Hesse

>2015
At least change the year on the copypasta. Are you people even trying?

If you are who you say you are, and I'm pretty sure you are despite what ^ these mouth breathers think. Then I'm sorry you're scared and I guess telling me you started browsing this pseudo jerk fest was your way of crying for help. However, being one of "Girls you even penetrated" which I didn't expect to be phrased like that frankly, I am going to let these creeps in on one of you're itty bitty secrets.

> This guy's legit, real deal
> He is also a mega pedo and I am a genius 11 year old he picked up at xxxx

bump

This actually lends more credibility to OP's existence than anything he's managed to say about himself.

I believe it.

but OP isn't an average man, different things apply to him

Dude fucked right off mysteriously when we asked for evidence so I'm still skeptical

He could exist too, but then again why would we care. Doubt anyone with that sort of set of skills would ever stoop so low as to brag about it on an imageboard, they already receive enough validation IRL.

>oh wow would people tell lies on the internet oh no how could they

a Googolplex

I am the god Jesus of modern times. I have a nice girl and a friend. I attend Oxford in Harvard with straight A's. You will see me as I become America's future President.

>This actually lends more credibility
>implying bona fide geniuses go after young girl pussy
How many times do I have to tell you START WITH THE GREEKS

underrared

Eventually you'll come across a professor who isn't trying to fuck you, or someone with skills and grit who isn't so full of themselves, and your little ego bubble will be deflated.

You aren't so special. You're just surrounded by dumb people.

No buddy gives a shit faggot.

Flowers for Algernon, because hopefully you'll die. It's a bit different, because people actually liked that fucking mouse.