Amphetamine Treatment Similar to That Used in the Treatment of Adult ADHD Damages Dopaminergic Nerve Endings in the...

Amphetamine Treatment Similar to That Used in the Treatment of Adult ADHD Damages Dopaminergic Nerve Endings in the Striatum of Adult Nonhuman Primates

jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/315/1/91.long#F3

You're all fucked

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17606768
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25482046
researchgate.net/publication/305681458_Catecholaminergic_Neuromodulation_Shapes_Intrinsic_MRI_Functional_Connectivity_in_the_Human_Brain
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>nonhuman primates can't handle Adderall

They should have developed more advanced brains. Good thing I'm a human.

Don't care. Already owned the GREs. From here on out it's mostly just tedious lab work. No real thought necessary.

I'm not on amphetamines though

humans also fucked

>8 users where tested

Yeah, the results don't really mean much.

but in conjunction with all the other pre-clinical and clinical studies it does.

Switch to ritalin. I found no data showing neurotoxicity at theraputic doses and it actually is shown to protect neurons from amphetamine toxicity.

I don't have ADHD, I take Adderall when I feel like it.

joke's on you I always relied on coke.

This study is from 2005.

What has been clarified since then?

Nothing. No similar study has been done.

Here is a review of the literature published last year

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17606768

>Here is a review of the literature published last year

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25482046

Any opinions on this paper?
researchgate.net/publication/305681458_Catecholaminergic_Neuromodulation_Shapes_Intrinsic_MRI_Functional_Connectivity_in_the_Human_Brain

It's about an ADHD drug, and how it changes brain connectivity. It's kinda complicated, so I'm not sure what the implications are.

>researchgate.net/publication/305681458_Catecholaminergic_Neuromodulation_Shapes_Intrinsic_MRI_Functional_Connectivity_in_the_Human_Brain

It just says that increase of norepinephrine changes the brains connections.

Not really a good or bad thing. It just reinforces the idea of plasticity. The brain is constantly adapting.

>It just says that increase of norepinephrine changes the brains connections.
Yeah, but don't ADHD drugs affect norepinephrine?

>Not really a good or bad thing. It just reinforces the idea of plasticity. The brain is constantly adapting.
Right, but if the brain adapts to the drug, that would be a bad thing wouldn't it?

>Yeah, but don't ADHD drugs affect norepinephrine?
They do. It increases attention and alertness

>Right, but if the brain adapts to the drug, that would be a bad thing wouldn't it?

Not necessarily. When on the drug, you have an increase in cognitive function and memory. Your brain is firing faster than ever and synapse in new places. The more you take of this drug, the stronger these new connections become. It may be that your brain is getting more efficient.

>the stronger these new connections become
That's just the thing, the paper claims that atomoxetine 'reduces the strength of functional interactions'. That, to me, sounds like *less* strong connections because of the drug.

Thanks for looking at this by the way, I appreciate it.

though lower power is undesirable, it is fallacious to disregard a study solely on the grounds of low power.

cokes main psychotropic mechanism is dopaminergic.

>'reduces the strength of functional interactions'

atomoxetine might work by normalising the elevated resting-state functional connectivity seen in ADHD patients.

but they didn't test ADHD patients

To put it another way. It may help you focus by turning down the other stimulation that the brain is receiving by decreasing the strength of these conections

oh okay, yeah that kinda does make sense

allowing you to focus on the task at hand

Erdos was fine

I'm pretty sure they changed the shit like always, since Erdos was never affected by this
I blame the goverment

At therapeutic dosages, there's no evidence of any harm done in the long term. Don't take 100mg at once by crushing it up and snorting it and you'll be fine. Amphetamines, caffeine, and nicotine are the three most potent cognitive enhancing substances out there.

did you not read?

the dose: oral and spanned the therapeutic range 0.13 mg/kg -1 mg/kg 2 times per day

The set up was very good and care was taken to mimic human clinical treatment.

>there's no evidence of any harm done in the long term

except for this study.... and they showed significant impairment after just 4 weeks.... lol dude ur fucked

Solution: Don't take it every day.

agreed. Just looking out for you guys

There is not much to change with amphetamines

Either the article is BS or Erdos actually might not have took amphetamines but something else

or he just kept upping the dose to compensate for dopaminergic neuron loss

Damn son, then the number of dose must be fucking high as fuck

But anyway, i hope we don't have Veeky Forums anons taking it or else, they will become literal brainlets

I heard he was up to 80 mg/day

Doesn't have much to do with ADHD, but a pretty cool paper nonetheless.

> Dopaminergic

I'm no big-city doctor but I know that means dopamine receptors = happiness cells != brain's intelligence