Shepherd's pie. Done

Shepherd's pie. Done.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/shepherds-pie-recipe2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's see it from the back

It looks digestable

Looks like when I make Shepard's pie. I guess I'm not doing it wrong. Also fuck is Shepard's pie the best drunk food.

Looks fairly good.
How would you make those holes on the top?

I'm guessing he was trying to get the mash crispier I just kinda sculpt it around till it has lots of random pointy bits.

that was the idea and it ended up working. I used a butter knife.

Makes sense, thanks.

It looks nice user.

That looks delicious OP!
I too made a Shepard's pie today, but I think I messed up because the lamb was really runny. I wasn't able to make nice slices like and. What was your recipe?

>pie
>baked ground beef with mashed potatoes on top

British """'cuisine"""" everyone

That's not fair. Shepard's pie/cottage pie is one of the best dishes in the world.

>peasant dish with ingenious use of cheap ingredients
>tastes good, is very customizable
>is very old, but still relevant
>widely known and has spread far beyond its place of origin

Is your lamb locally sourced and organic and sustainable?

>shepherds pie
>beef

ooooh made yourself look a bit of a twat there!

I used this as a guideline:
foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/shepherds-pie-recipe2.html
However, I made numerous changes like adding stout and a pinch of smoked paprika to the filling and cheddar to the mash. Also I added a little bit of ground beef (about 3/4 lamb and 1/4 beef) to balance the strong flavor of the lamb.

I bought the meat in an Arabic grocery store so I guess no.

Fat-fuckistans obsession truly is eternal.

How so? You aren't one of those fools who think it must be lamb, do you?

The original recipe called for "beef or any other meat at hand" (See Mrs. Beeton's)

The reason it's called a "shepherd's" pie is because it's poor people food. You took whatever meat and veggies you had and made the pie. The idea that it should be made with lamb is a modern misunderstanding of the name.

It's actually ass backwards if you think about it. A shepherd raises sheep to sell their wool. He/she wouldn't kill a lamb to prepare food because the lamb is worth far more as a wool producer than it is as food. Beef is entirely correct here.

that's modern folk etymology. Sure it makes sense, but cottage pie and shepherd's pie were literally the same thing until Margaret Fulton or whoever pushed the meme that shepherd = lamb meat.

makes a kind of sense* meant to write

OBESED
B
E
S
E
D

Nicely done dear user

THAT BETTER BE MADE WITH GROUND LAMB NOT BEEF OTHERWISE IT'S A "COTTAGE PIE"

Read the thread foolio, you've already been preempted.

Loops like hotdish with pie crust

You have to kill some of the lambs since infinitly expanding number of sheep will turn your pasture dry.

>Pie crust

Nope.

No, you control their breeding by keeping your stud ram separated from the ewes.

You can also sell any unwanted lambs which would probably make a lot more sense than eating one for a poor shepherd.

I've never tried Shepherd's pie but that looks delicious, user

Underrated

You tit.