Is he the best reader of Joyce's Finnegans Wake?

Is he the best reader of Joyce's Finnegans Wake?

no

Honest question, is anything of McKenna's worth reading? I listened to one of his lectures and found it interesting, but when I tried to check out more it seemed like he was just repeating himself.

if he can read it he's up there

no but it's fun to get really stoned and listen to his lectures sometimes.

It depends on how undergraduate you are.

The more undergraduate you are, the more interesting McKenna lectures are when you're really stoned.

no

Not sure if he's worth reading but he's worth listening to. He has insights, that are mostly pulled from other places, but he's a genuinely intelligent and cultured guy who's happened to have made a very big space in his life for shrooms.

He's way better than Tim Leary or any of that RAW crap.

Call me olde-fayshioned but I'm a Joseph Campbell man myself.

Call me old-fashioned but I'm a kick out all the fucking esoterics like Jungians and Mckenna in the fucking dumpster man myself

DUDE

him, RAW and joseph campbell are the only people ive heard talk about it with any sense of authority or understanding

He's good. His lectures are pretty decent too. True Hallucinations is a fun read if you've got the time.

>True Hallucinations is a fun read if you've got the time.
McKenna narrates the audiobook version too which is very fun.

I'll have to check that out, his documentary on alchemy is worth a watch too

He definitely gets the psychedelic aspect of the book that most literary critics miss.

sure looks like it

Food of the Gods is worth reading if you enjoy taking psychedelics or think they are interesting. Its a book that throws a lot of ideas out there but you don't have to agree with all of them to enjoy reading it and pondering it.

WEED

McLuhan beat him to that title.

food of the gods is a fun wacky theory

he was a marijuana addict though

His content isn't that great but I like listening to him just for the sake of his delivery. He's a great speaker.

Agreed. I feel like if I was just told that he was an avid psychedelic drug user that talked about his opinions on life, the universe and everything I'd think it sounds unappealing. But, desu, he is really fun to listen too. He has a decent sense of humor, and his manner of speaking is just pretty engrossing.

I don't think he has that much insight, the general thrust of his ideas is a thoroughly psychedelic one. If you've done them a handful of times, you should be familiar with the sentiment. But it's fun to hear him talk.