Has anyone tried the dollar store steaks? Are they edible? Im low on funds right now

Has anyone tried the dollar store steaks? Are they edible? Im low on funds right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Rqs5siPalo

I bought ice cream from the dollar store one
I left some of it out and it melted, but left a terrifying mesh-frame of the ice cream. I do not know what it was made from.
I would not eat anything but candy from the dollar store

They're probably edible but not great. A lot of it looks like gristle and connective tissue so unless you intend to eat that you're not getting as good of a deal as you probably think.

Some Kroger stores have these single tenderloin steaks that are often on sale for $4 apiece. They're actually great, very surprising for the price.

Just get a McChicken dummy

No. They are basically an uncooked steak-um and are sketchy as fuck. If you're poor, buy some cheap chicken, managers special steak/beef, or some beans/rice. You'll get more for your money and not have horrendous diarrhea.

They're alright but the dollar pork chops are better

Also just a general rule of thumb. Stores like the dollar store, convenience stores and so on are actually really bad for buying food. If you're really struggling, go to your cheapo big grocery store and buy cheap and in bulk if you can for the week. Chinese/Mexican markets can sometimes be really cheap as well.

Dollar stores and convenience stores cost you way more in the long run. A 15 lb bag of rice will store for years and set you back 15 dolla.

I would bet that you would get a lot more meat for your money if you'd just get a half a pound of some cheap cut. Those steaks look as thin as bacon and are definitely not worth it. If you want some meat, just get some cheap beef and make a stew or something.

>Enhanced with up to a thirty-percent solution.
>Rubbed with seasoning.

The result will be a tiny meatball of beef.

If you're really jonesing for beef and/or you're a shit cook who can't afford raw chicken, then buy a few.

The beef is from old cows on top of it being meat combined together with mewt glue also its injected with a solution dont eat these

yi kes i would not e ven

Pussy

SWIM tried one thinking they couldn't be that bad and they weren't (they often fall apart though).

Your value right now isn't lean meat, it's fatty meat, flavorful meat and cheap starchy beans, rice. That sale on hot dogs or ham might work. The pack of bacon you cook up with the lettuce, tomato and cheap bread for the next 5 days. A combo pack of drumsticks. A special rotisserie chicken you can pick at for 3 days. That 13 bean soup with the single ham steak or pack of hot dogs thrown in there.

I've seen the same happen to that shit you get from the ice cream man that comes in a cup. Apparently it doesn't contain enough milk to legally be called ice cream, so it's often marked as frozen dairy dessert.

You're literally ripping yourself off. The price per pound is outrageous to make those shitty, low quality thin scraps of meat even worth $1.
But as usual, people get suckered into buying it because they think they're getting a deal just because a price appears low.
People are fucking morons.

>Using "SWIM" when already posting anonymous

Americans are the only people stupid enough to buy and eat shit like this regularly. You can hardly consider it to be food.

Go ahead and try them. But if you were truly broke, you'd put that money to better use. I'm talking top ramen, potatoes, rice, beans, and spend whatever you have left on discounted meats from your local grocery store.

>cuts her dollar store steaks with dollar store scissors
What a slut

Rice. Beans. Potatoes. Onions. Mustard Greens. These are your poverty friends. Learn to love them, and they will love you in return.

Also, hot peppers. Fuckers are $5/lb, but you don't need a pound. Four Thai peppers is enough to add spice to anything you might want to eat.