youtube.com/watch?v=R4J1seTHAMU

Seriously? Is it honestly that good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3BE95qqkTc0
youtube.com/watch?v=jCDHJ3Cx5eE
numalemedical.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its okay
don't get your hopes too high because while it's good, it's not some legendary burger joint that shits out the best sandwiches in the entire world
been to in N out in la and Austin not too different

This.
It's only "good" because all other fast food burger joints are shitty.

It's highly overrated.

Their fries are garbage.

irl shitposting

yes it's amazing, the only reason you see so much hate for it is because it's only located in US west coast. Other regions without it automatically hate on it because they're so butthurt that they don't have any nearby, but I guarantee you, 90% of the people calling it "overrated" have never tasted it before.

and that's just the way it is.

It's fast food, no matter how good it is you can never expect it to achieve the quality of even a mid-tier chain restaurant let alone an actual burger joint. No idea why people pump it up so much.

Yuck, dude, that bun looked DRY as FUCK.

Gordon Ramsay has praised it and some other chefs too I think. I'm pretty sure it's just marketing because I've seen all those chefs talk about in-n-out but have never actually seen them eat it.

No. It's a quality fast food burger, don't get me wrong, but that's all it is. If that's someone's favorite restaurant then they have the the taste of a three year old.

Oh, and the fries are basically the kind you get out of a freezer bag.

I tried it in Phoenix a few months ago. Pretty damn good, but the best part was how cheap it is. The quality is comparable to Shake Shack or another "upscale" fast food place, but the cost is McDonald's or cheaper. Not a revelation or anything, the flavor isn't particularly special, but everything is fresh and well made and the service was friendly, clean etc. So for fast food it's one of the best. I'd rather have a burger from a local diner or something myself, but if they had them in the Northeast I would probably go once in awhile.

I had a burger and fries from the one in Austin. They had good efficient service and seemed to treat their employees well. It was what all fast food burgers should be expected to taste like. That being said, we wasn't a life altering experience.

it's a solid burger

IMO it lost it's mystique a bit when they stared putting them in states outside california. It used to be a treat when I'd visit the west coast. Still a damn good burger and fries. An example of beautiful simplicity.

Whataburger is better.

t. A state that borders texas.

A&W is superior.

Whataburger is better

He says it's his favorite FAST FOOD Restaurant in LA.

Bourdain spent the early part of his career pretty much shitting on any and all american food. You watch that shit he did before about halfway through his run on travel channel. At some point he decided this isn't profitable. Since than he has said shit like "Popeyes mac and cheese would be my last meal" and other banalities. "In and out burger would be my last meal". He's such a fucking fraud. I only watch his show because the cinematography is not bad and I get to see human beings who didn't vote for trump.

>Since than he has said shit

He's always said that shit. Even in his first program--Cook's Tour--he talks about how shitty american fast food is, then discusses how he still likes it in the same damn sentence.

>>He's such a fucking fraud.
How so? You can recognize a food is crap but still have an attachment to it.

For example, kraft singles are objectively shit. But you know what? They are perfect for a grilled cheese or a cheeseburger.

I've eaten there two teims. I didn't find it any better than steak and shake or culvers even. Every city now has multiple legitimate non chain burger joints run by people who know how to cook. I'm in the barren wastelands of the midwest and we have a ton of them.

Yeah I don't like Bourdain much anymore, but I like Parts Unknown. The rich bastard loves to shit on anything new as hipster or trendy and act like he's old time and always knows best.

3x3 extra toast, mustard fried, whole grilled onion, medium rare

what do you guys get

It's awesome.

I am so sad we don't have them in the north west.

In N Out is hands down the best drive thru burger place in the world. However, I still enjoy Five Guys and other sot down places quite a bit. Only bad thing about 5guys is how fucking expensive it is.

Fuck off with that Culvers bullshit, but I'll give you steak and shake. Only thing is they are obviously different classes of food places. Steak and shake is strictly sit down and spend 20 bucks on your meal. In n out costs half that even for a big meal.

They some strange chemical in the beef patties, it's impossible to recreate the flavor at home.

>Its Cheap
>its Consistent
>Everything is usually clean
>Staff and service is good since they get paid well and get training

Most importantly its good.

>$20 for a meal at Steak and Shake

A burger and fries there is $4 how fat are you?

>Popeyes mac and cheese would be my last meal
I'm glad it's just marketing or I'd be worried that someone with such abhorrent taste is considered a culinary expert.

ITT: "It's okay but Californian's hype it up I am the first person to be this bold"

best in class, yes

best in LA? ofc not

>this

It ENTIRELY depends on the state you're in. Within the state they are generally consistent, but if it's shit, that just means it's consistently shit. Their restaraunts are fucking atrocious in MI.

Steak and shake has 24 meals $4 and below. WTF are you eating for $20 there?

It's not that in n out is that good (it is pretty good) it's that the restaurants in LA are that bad.

>Seriously? Is it honestly that good?

No, it's good like the first time you have it, but their quality is on par with everyone elses. Their "cheese" and "bread" are complete shit though.

Their big thing is that is just tastes different than most places. Whataburger, Steak and shake, maybe even Habit is better.

What the fuck are you talking about

Nope sorry Califag but we have one here in ATX and Whataburger takes a mad whatshit all over In-N-out. It's not bad just nothing special. Places like Hopdoddy are much better and there's always a fucking line outside the door at that place.

youtube.com/watch?v=3BE95qqkTc0

Read what both of those people are responding to???? It's easy to see.

It's over rated. Just as good as The Habit, and Five Guys. I do like the limited menu so people order their shit and fuck off. He is right about the staff though, they get payed well and I've never had a nigger moment (they rarely hire niggers). Good service and fresh food, but it gets boring really quick.

t. Southern Californio

Why the fuck do people think Bourdain is an authority on anything? He's a career cook who transitioned to celebrity chef. He's a dime a dozen in the restaurant world, and is about as interesting or informative as a fucking sports player.

I don't think his opinion is valid on much as it's only an opinion but I enjoy watching his shows to see how drunk he gets in them every time

He completely misconstrued a lot of historical and cultural situations.
I'm fairly disappointed, but don't stop watching things just because of terrible political/cultural messages, instead I become more aware of them. It's educational in just the opposite way they intend.

I don't think anyone considers him an authority on anything. He even says the same thing about himself on his shows--he often makes a point of calling himself a cook rather than a chef.

Fuck that's Delicious has pretty much made Bourdain obsolete imo.

i've gone to in n out

the burgers range from legitimately awful to bland with a weird texture. the fries taste good but their texture is like paper and they gave me a chocolate shake when i ordered a strawberry shake.

3/10 anyone who says otherwise is a corporate shill

youtube.com/watch?v=jCDHJ3Cx5eE
Even Chef Ramsay loves in n out.
flyover cucks btfo

You can enjoy in-n-out and realize it is still mediocre overhyped burgers. I enjoy in-n-out from time to time but there are issues with the food. basically my opinions on it

The good
-service is always good
-never had an order get fucked up like other places
-price is good for the stock items/small burger
-taste is consistent
-if you want to change up a menu item the staff generally is good with it

The not so good
-menu and toppings are pretty limited even with the "secret menu"
-Cheese tastes like something other than cheese
-bread is either super dry and flaky without taste
-fries are worthless unless you get them fresh and eat them asap
-adding patties for a decent amount of meat fucks up prices killing any value
-Drive thru's for in-n-out need some rework, never been to a quick one

If you have in-n-out for the first time or very sparingly it can be pleasant, but when you want to start changing things up you realize how limited the menu gets and how little a value it has.

>a celebrity chef calls it his favorite restaurant in LA
>another Michelin starred chef endorses the place

>uhhh-uhhhh that's not exactly uhhhh what they meant. Believe me when I speak for them and say that they 100% believe that its still uhhhhhh mediocre

honestly just kill yourself

>I only watch his show because the cinematography

>not formulating your own opinions on various foods

>ctrl f
>whataburger
>4 results

ok good just making sure

>unless you get them fresh
They make them to order, for every order
They're cut way too small which is why they get cold fast, but they're fresh every time motherfucker

Why do mcliberals have to inject their politics into every conversation they ever have?
Keep trying to secede dum dum.

>favorite place for a burger
>not a local mom and pop place or similar small resturant

>elementary school reading comprehension

>Their fries are garbage.
Nigger what?

Shake shack fucking blows.
Liquid cheese on fries should be punishable with death.

Their fries are garbage.

They're all over the place here in Dallas, and they suck. I've been there a couple of times, and I regret it every time. As far as I can tell, it's a shitty SteakNShake.

>trusting pea-brained texans to prepare your food
Why am I even replying to you? You're also a pea-brained texan not worth interacting with...

I'm sorry Cali doesn't have any good fast food places, and you guys have to get excited about this instead.

Why would Cali need fast food? You can go anywhere and have fresh, delicious and wholesome food. I can't believe a Californian of any persuasion would choose fast food. I've never met one.

Then why are there regular In-N-Out threads?

In N Out is pretty disappointing. Fries are shitty and just meh over all. I'd pick Wendy's over it.

sshhhhhh it's a numale. Don't instigate it or it will cry.

numalemedical.com/

5 guys is better.

It's one of those regional meme foods that people from that area go crazy over, like Chik fil A in the south or Dunkin Donuts in Boston.

You say Boston, but you mean Chicago. Go look at a map of their distribution, and observe the bizarre island of DD floating in the middle of the Midwest

>be from east coast
>Move to phoenix
>always read and hear everyone bragging about it
>try in-n-out
>it's okay nothing special

only time I think it is the greatest thing ever is when I am drunk or hungover. Personally I'd rather just grab Hardee's or Rallies

Can confirm In n out fries are disgusting

I live in Boston and am from New England originally but I will never understand their obsession with Dunkin. It's very similar to Canada and their Tim Horton's fetish.

Their fries are some of the worst fast food fries I've ever had. I went to the one on UCLA's campus in summer of 2014 for proofs.

Some fries I had at the Mcdonald's in Fallon, Nevada (middle of nowhere) blew them the fuck out by comparison.

If you happen to be in Seattle, go to Cali Burger in the U-District. It's a TOTAL knock off in the best way possible. They've even been sued elsewhere by In-N-Out, but didn't buckle.

They made the "secret" menu their official menu. They just call things Cali Style instead of Animal Style.

Fucking Cali Style fries are god tier.

Pic related, somehow it's not In-N-Out

>when they shit on starbucks and talk glowingly about Dunkins coffee

I'm not saying Starbucks is great coffee, but fuck does Dunkin make a garbage cup

I just uber eats that shit. It's great.

Just like In n out, it's not about the quality, it's about the brand.

In n Out has mediocre burgers and shit fries but Cali people still go wild over it because muh regional identity.

>tfw american culture consists of various faggots fighting over whos fast food chains are the best

I do the same lol

Actually, I can't find them on uber eats anymore, you know how I can just find them?

Weird, I see it on mine, just checked.

Assuming you mean the physical location, it's just north of 45th and University way.

If Anthony Bourdain gave a glowing gritty review of sucking cum out of dicks, half of Veeky Forums would have oral herpes by morning.

The other half already does.

OBSESSED

Honestly if youre visiting and leave the one thing you will ALWAYS crave is in n out. I ate ate 50 places in LA and that was the most memorable for me. It just tastes amazing. Probably 90% of why I'd go back besides hitting some trails and biking.

>travel once to west coast
>Try in-n-out
>now live on west coast by in-n-outs
>rarely ever go anymore

It really lost it's unique touch once it becomes readily available, never realized how bland it was till I moved here

Says more about LA than In and Out

Forgot to mention, a perfectly run wendys is better imo. Just barely.

>Whataburger takes a mad whatshit all over In-N-out
what the fuck is wrong with you

whataburger = high school lunch quality

in the middle of fort worth there's an in-n-out next to a wendy's

kinda sad the wendy's parking lot is pretty much empty whenever i pass by

>he ate lunch in the cafeteria
This is how I know you're a loser.

Complete lies, the fries actually taste like potatoes instead of lard drenched grease chips. It takes a few times to get used to though

The only burger chain that makes fries that taste like actual potatoes is five guys

Serious question, though, who gives a fuck about Fries? Like, whoa boy, potatoes and salt. Chips and popcorn, too, while we're at it.

>it takes a few times to get used to though
Is this what Americans do? Instead of knowing right away if a food is good or not, you have to force yourself to become accustomed to it?

This is extremely depressing.

You have to order the fries at In-N-Out "well done". Then they're crispy and amazing (and slightly more carcinogenic).

Acquired tastes are not a uniquely American thing, no.

Excellent for what it is but if you're floating around in the strata where McD's and BK et al. are your other options...then, yes, it's good.

Any of you guys ever just watch Bourdain and notice how much alcohol he consumes on film?