Just how Veeky Forums are you?

Just how Veeky Forums are you?

Do you have to make any specific arrangements before delving into literature?

I, for one, cannot even begin to read without a cigarette and cup of coffee.

ITT: COMFY

I don't get how people read with coffee, makes me too jittery, I like reading in bars with a cold beer. The ambient noise is nice.

I drink coffee every day, so it doesn't make me jittery anymore. Not OP but pic related
Currently in this comfy cafe reading the scarlet letter for school and then either doing homework or reading some infinite meme, but I don't want to appear pretentious in public so probably not. So comfy though

I don't need any special arrangements, but I usually do make a pot of tea first. Though I'm trying to cut down on caffeine for the next few months, so I'm not indulging as much now.

I love the smell of coffee and hole in the wall cafe-esque atmosphere (light chatter, soft acoustic music, squishy armchairs) if I'm out somewhere, but at home I prefer tea and sinking into the leather loveseat with artificial candles flickering against the pages via overhead lamp (which is sort of pretentious, but I like it). Other than that resting in bed with a numb shoulder has to do.

I also need a notebook (one of those cheap moleskins from Target) to record any lines or thoughts I deem forgettable enough to lose overnight, but memorable enough to want to look up later.

I read in the bath tub almost always, its the best place to focus and relax. I bring a bottle of water incase perspiration gets me. I've been doing it for a few months now and it works wonderfully. If you're tired a bath is a great place to read as well cause it forces you to stay awake and holds your patience.

Avoid coffee, tea, cigarette memes.

I like to read with coffee in a cafe until it's socially acceptable to drink beer and read in a pub

just drink weaker coffee. or tea.
coffee isnt just for waking up wageslaves.
black coffee is a meme.

Black coffee is not a meme, it's preference. When I drink my coffee I don't want it to be comparable to drinking soda

Would you like a slice? It's margherita.

>red bull

>drone

>cheap looking pizza

>tablet

>stack of plates indicating probably lives in a dorm or is a bachelor

disgusting m8, even reddit isn't this gross.

....The read bull isn't mine, my drone is amazing, yes the pizza was disgusting, e-reader is life, plates also not mine, not a bachelor or bachelorette. No nasty pizza for you, then!

heh maybe i want a piece after all, you can watch me in the pool with ur drone for a piece.

Holy shit. You're ruining the comfy thread. Here's another picture of my cafe setup, post more comfy guys

>electronics in a pool
Ok.
Sorry, here's something cozy to make up for it.

Redeemed yourself

>disgusting m8, even reddit isn't this gross

It's almost like you want everyone to point out that you're obviously a reddit-using fag handle

unfortunately there's few places i can cosy up with a cigarette and a book. can't smoke at home because i live with my parents & brother. when i smoke at school i have to move off-site and stand on a footpath and i'm no good at reading outside in general.

i usually read lying down in bed though, i have two lines of fairy lights, one tied round my headboard, one over the overheard shelf above my bed, very cosy atmosphere

This might sound like some fucking reddit-YA novel-pleb-meme-tier bullshit, but I can't read without something hanging out of my mouth.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I used to always have my mouth playing with a toothpick while reading; just a habit I picked up randomly, don't really remember how. I came upon an unopened pack of cigarettes by chance one evening, while I was making my way over to my usual reading spot in the park, and noticed that it was completely untouched. It was just laying on a bench. Alone, and still-sealed in the cheap plastic film they all come with. I didn't have a toothpick on my person that day, so when it came time to start reading, I got the pack that I saved, opened it, took one cig out, and brought it to my lips.

I read Salinger that evening, and now I can't read without an un-lit cig precariously balancing between my lips. I am a fucking meme.

I do the same thing but with dicks

Do you BYO bubbles and make bets as to whether it was a queef or a fart before sniffing?

I've done it before. It wasnt busy so it was nice. The waitress was friendly in a way that made me feel like I was an awkward but welcome presence. One guy asked me what I was reading. I replied in a sarcastic but friendly way "a book!" He said "well duh I can see that! What is it about? " I told him it was a political satire and then added a few more details about the main character to which he replied "cool dude. What's a satire?"

Then I called him a fucking pleb and sperged out aND ran out the door crying

A dick in my mouth, a dick in hand and a book the other

so.... what book were you reading?

I'm a smoker but I can not smoke and read at the same time, at least not books. I ussually go contemplate after some more eventful chapter/chapters with a cigarette.

As for my routine:
I make myself coffee/tea (AM/PM), go on my balcony, with a glass of water too.

I only read while commuting, which is like 20 hours a week.
I like everything about it; the noise, the people squeezing into each other, traffic jams, people screaming at each other.
I feel as if I were part of a novel myself, I feel as if my story is important as well.

No, I grab a book when I'm bored and stop when my wife sits on my face.

Thanks for reminding me why I fucking hate Veeky Forums though.

Babbitt

I've never done this, is it ever socially acceptable?

I mean, I've always wanted to, but I feel like I'd get funny looks at my local (mostly manual labourers in for a post-work Carling or five). It just sounds cosy.

Semi-related, can you read after two pints?
That amount of beer doesn't tend to affect me in any noticeable way, but it hits me like a train when I try to read. My short-term memory goes all to shit.

I haven't read a book in years, and the last one I read was Ready Player One.

Yikes, you're a faggot

The only socially acceptable time to drink and read in a pub is early afternoon when there aren't that many people in the bar yet.

Are you naked from the waist down while doing these things?

>I, for one, cannot even begin to read without a cigarette and cup of coffee.

Translation: Look at me! Aren't I SMART? Can't you see my AESTHETIC?

it starts like that and rapidly becomes true because you've developed a crippling addiction.

>One guy asked me what I was reading. I replied in a sarcastic but friendly way "a book!"

Not replying with "words, words, words"

It has to be a certain type of pub and it's usually only acceptable between 2 and 7 pm.

If I start reading sober I can have 4-5 pints, but I can't start reading after 2 or 3.

>but I feel like I'd get funny looks at my local
and what if you would get funny looks, what then?

I go to a cafe and drink coffee until 1 or 2 then go to the pub for lunch and read till 6 or 7 then go home for supper.

Rereading Blood Meridian. I'd like to get a side table for my recliner in the living room, but reading at my desk with tea is fine for now.

>reading in public
>all that noise, laughter, conversations
Dunno how you do it guys. I carry a paperback with me most of the time for those dead times, but never really advance much if in public. Nothing like reading comfy in the living room with some relaxing music and some coffee.

I smoke but only outside and never while reading because I dont want my books to get that smell

> not reading at Ye Olde Canna-Club, discussing Pynchon and Finnegans' Wake with the regulars

I just walk around reading in the local deserted park only frequented by dogs and their caretakers whilst hatching my eggs.

dank pic, friend

reading (and writing) standing up is severely underrated

Thank you, I try.

You misunderstand, "funny looks" here is a precursor to people coming and taking the piss bc bants.
People don't like books here, we'd vote to burn them all given a chance.

i drink roughly half a gallon of coffee a day
my piss smells like it
this cant be healthy

Oh god, people like OP, that NEED to have a cup of coffee and a cigarette/pipe to read a book are just obnoxious. Whenever I see pictures like that I have to cringe, because I know, that the person staged the objects, photographed and shared this shit for the sole purpose to show how oh-so-sophisticated and aesthetic they are. Fucking wannabe romantic shit.

I can't understand the desire to read in public. Much like when shitting, I scream at people when my personal time is interrupted.

I light a vanilla scented candle in my lantern, I make a fresh cup of coffee, my bed is next to a window so I can put pillows on the wall and sit against the window, then I wrap myself in my fleece blanket and I can soundly read for hours with the warmth of the sun behind me.

I'm a coffee addict. I've been addicted for so long that it's a habit.

I had to come up with a quiet spot to read so I sat on a shaded porch step.

It was really nice. I could wave at joggers and sip coffee as I read A Canticle for Leibowitz.

if i like the book, i can read it wherever. it's especially nice when i have to stand on a hot-ass train but the book is good enough to make the journey go really fast

if it's something hard i need to be comfy

I had a hard time getting comfy to read and always cricked my neck. I bought a used massage table (with the face hole) now I can read on my stomach with my book directly below my face.
I can only read here now.

>knowingly cultivating an adiction to a commercial product
>inhaling a combusted substance for fun

>being autistic

>Korean
>""""""""people"""""""

you're a goddamn genius

Saged for being a shit thread. Nobody cares you went off to college and bought your first pack of cigarettes.

I was just on vacation in a place without internet for a week.

Every day, I would sit out in a huge screened-in porch in a wicker chair by an old table and read "That Hideous Strength" while drinking coffee and eating waffles (for breakfast) and sandwiches (for lunch).

The porch overlooks a massive pasture, and some woods in the distance. It's bright, and there's a nice breeze.

At night, I would read by a fire on comfy couches, while drinking peppermint tea or beer.

I can imagine people cringing at the scrawny numale who came into the cafe, took pictures of his "setup" for fifteen minutes then left without doing any reading.

i have fancy bose noise-cancelling headphones. i wear them while im reading no matter what. no music on, just to cancel the birds chirping and shit.

>smoking ciggs

Absolutely disgusting, and I've tried meth.

that's one comfy looking mug

I can imagine you typing this comment because you're jealous that I'm able to go outside. Are you ok?

That's good.

I'm gonna use that.

It's from hamlet

i need either the pool in summer, a quiet rooma and chair, and a good hammock in the in betweens. I cannot read drinking, and i drink every night. im only reading on days i have off after chores and such. i would smoke, but i also
vape. dont kill me, its hurting my lungs a lot less now.

>I cannot read drinking,
This is like the only time i read, i can't concentrate before I start drinking, which is in the evening