How would a universe with two time dimensions behave?

How would a universe with two time dimensions behave?

Other urls found in this thread:

space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/dimensions.pdf
afylab.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like cell division
Every planck unit the universe(s) would split into 2 parallel universes

Infinite timelines running parallel to each other horizontally. Everyone has a decision to make at every unit of time and making certain decisions pushes you down a different timeline. People literally watch others jump into and out of the timeline they are currently in in real time based on the decisions a person makes. Increasing slopes (decisions) hops you into more and more positive timelines. Decreasing slopes hops you into more and more negative timelines. Positive and negative don't necessarily mean good or bad, it's just a direction.

So imagine it's like a bunch of streets running parallel to each other with a bunch of intersections.

Looks like it depends on the number of spatial dimensions bub

Everyone else is retarded and doesn't know what they are talking about. A universe with 2 time dimensions can have closed time like curves which means that causality is fucked. The universe doesn't really make sense

>Every planck unit the universe(s) would split into 2 parallel universes

so the multi verse theory that says "everything can happen does happen in an alternate universe" is describing 2D time?

Why do people get so hung up on causality? The universe already pretty much lacks causality. From different inertial frames cause and effect can be appear reversed.

what would cause motion between timelines? how would relativity even work in this case?

No they can't. Events can only appear in a different order if they aren't casually connected

That's what I was trying to say, yes.
But I'm just a popsci retard who was talking out of his ass trying to make a bad joke

does shrodinger's cat/superposition prove alternate realities exist?

Like when unobserved two realities exist but they overlap in a way that both are true at the same time. Wouldn't this idea of two overlapping realities prove alternate realities exist. Also, when observed, does the other reality vanish, or does it continue to exist someplace that's out of our reach, unobservable to our reality.

Any further explanation on this pic ?
Link ?

I once took a course on ODE in which time could take values in the complex numbers, iirc the solutions for those equations were surfaces.

Don't know how that helps with OP's question.

>Also, when observed, does the other reality vanish, or does it continue to exist someplace that's out of our reach, unobservable to our reality.

It doesn't vanish, it just *is*, independent of the observer.

Why would we have evolved to perceive only one time dimension? Two time dimensions would probably still have a locally constant flow (diagonal in the two time dimensions), so the big difference would be how gravity affects time. Gravity would affect spacetime by bending it still, so in some regions of space an observer may see something travel faster in one temporal dimension than another. You would even have the possibility of "peculiar" singularities where time appears to only flow in one direction from certain reference points, like the temporal equivalent of a saddle point.

>The universe already pretty much lacks causality. From different inertial frames cause and effect can be appear reversed.
No

Only events that are not causally linked can appear in different orders. If an event causes an effect, the effect will always happen after the event on any inertial frame you choose.

space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/dimensions.pdf

SO WE NEED TEN DIMENSIONS AND I'LL TELL YOU WHY-Y-Y
(anomaly cancellation)
SO TO GET DOWN TO 4D WE COMPACTIFY-Y-Y

>time dimension

>does shrodinger's cat/superposition prove alternate realities exist?

yes you should go around telling people you know the truth

One of my prof's research is about states of matter which only exist in 2 dimensions, and how to create this and measure their properties, or something like that. I'm not involved in it.
afylab.com/

Well according to that chart it's unpredictable

Thx m8

>SO WE NEED TEN DIMENSIONS AND I'LL TELL YOU WHY
Thank you for linking me to possibly the geekiest video ever

Pretty rebelliously like a teenybopper.