That coworker that asks where you went for lunch, what you brought for lunch...

>that coworker that asks where you went for lunch, what you brought for lunch, or what you're eating if you went and picked something up

What do I do? It's literally none of his business. How do I deal with this? Why does it bother me in the first place??

why do you care?

they're probably just being friendly.
food a really safe, universal conversation topic.

>that user that makes shitty threads on Veeky Forums

Nobody cares.

It's every day though. Then when I'm at home I get asked the same shit. I can't eat in peace but I can't just say "nothing"

They just want to make conversation. Small talk, you know. Maybe they would like to get out and grab lunch with you sometime.

Nope. It's my boss. He just talks for eight fucking hours straight. There's only three people employed here so we don't go get lunch together or anything.

Does this not bother anyone else? I guess I'm a fag.

>What do I do?

Answer. If you don't want to say for some reason then just say "oh, just something simple" (or cheap, or whatever other vague term you prefer)

>> It's literally none of his business.
So what? It's just normal conversation. It's not as if he's asking anything deeply personal.

>>How do I deal with this?
Just answer and they'll go away. If they hang around for a while then just say "sorry, but can you just let me finish my meal alone"

>>Why does it bother me in the first place??
I'm guessing a poor upbringing. You probably didn't get out much as a child and thus feel uncomfortable in social situations. Did you spend your childhood glued to a TV, computer, or vidya games?

When people object to me asking them about their lunch I tell them that I'm the Workplace Lunch Inspector, and I have to check everyone's lunches for dangerous ingredients that might cause allergic reactions.

Some stupid cunts actually fall for it.

Just wear headphones a lot.

kys

It just feels strange telling your boss to fuck off, even if you're buddies with them. It's not the question itself but the fact that it's asked every day.

>Did you spend your childhood glued to a TV, computer, or vidya games?

Yes. I didn't really have any good friends until I was 16-17. I'm better now but still asocial to an extent. I have 4-5 close friends but no acquaintances.

When I worked a customer service job, I used to spend my 30 min lunch break chainsmoking in my car. Fuck lunch, and fuck anyone who asks what I "ate." Mostly I just lied and said I grabbed fast food nearby. Sometimes I would even move my car to a different parking lot just in case those nosey cunts were watching me (call it paranoia, but they sure did give an unhealthy amount of fucks about where I went to lunch everyday, didn't they?).

I am the Workplace Lunch Inspector Inspector. I make sure the Workplace Lunch Inspector isn't putting things that might cause allergic reactions into people's food.

>It's not the question itself but the fact that it's asked every day.

Then tell him or her that. Just say "hey, I'm pretty busy these days so I want to get a little free time during my lunch break. Do you mind not asking about my lunch every day? I'm not trying to be rude, I just need a little free time"

>>Yes. I didn't really have any good friends until I was 16-17
Blame your parents for not booting you off the TV. You have weak social skills because you didn't develop them during childhood.

>when aspies somehow get jobs

I ask people what they are eating, drinking all the time. I just like food

>where did you go for lunch?
out
>what did you have for lunch?
food
>what are you eating?
show him the bag it came in

I'm such an autist about cooking that, when asked, I tell people every detail of what I cooked and brought to work. In the end they're the ones asking me to stop.

>There's only three people employed here so we don't go get lunch together
Why not?

I get this a lot.
Why are people so rude? They're the ones who asked me first.
Apparently you're not allowed to display passion for anything.

Sometimes I'll actually answer how i'm doing when they ask and they give me a weird look and excuse themselves.

>insecure about what people think of what you eat.

It's just small talk you fucking fairy.

Don't want to leave anyone by themselves at the shop.

I'm not insecure I just want some privacy.

I will try to do this. I know it's obvious advice but I just wanted to see what other people thought. Thanks.

I understand.

Just stare at him until he leaves while continuing to eat normally.

>ITT: Rampant Turbo-Autism

it's a thing regular people do to make conversation
i don't get it either

There's one woman at work I believe must be on a diet as it's the only rational explanation for her behavior.

Whenever she enters the breakroom at lunchtime, she inhales deeply and conspicuously, then comments on the most pungent smells in the air, guessing what their source may be. Afterwards, she walks around and inspects the lunches, asking questions, smelling them, really scrutinizes even the blandest tuna sandwiches I've brought.

Following this, she leaves without having ever taken a bite of anything.

>Why does it bother me in the first place??
Autism.

Share your Irish Stew with them

mate she might just have autism

Does she swing her arms when she walks?

Why dont you quit?

i think you should feel fortunate that someone cares enough to ask.
ask your boss one day if he'd like to try *insert trendy burger joint* and parlay into a raise or invitation to come home with him and fuck his wife. just quit being weird.

Lie to him. Get caught. Don't blink. He'll stop asking.

For restaurant workers, what can I do to annoy my coworker? She's a young busser with an attitude problem and leaves me her side work. Salt on her tables? Black on shirt?

put yourself through school and let her become a young prostitute with an attitude problem once she;s fired.

You really think I'm creative enough?