Where did i fuck up? i can't see it yet it's definetly not the right direction...

where did i fuck up? i can't see it yet it's definetly not the right direction. i'm supposed to get a 3-2rad(s) in the numerator which doesn't make sense to me.

what would Lennard Euler do...

bumping

>mid November
>still on quotient rule
Confirmed for brainlet

You fucked up by making it to university without being able to do the fucking quotient rule.

i know the rule by heart but when i arrange the terms it makes no sense why the answer could be this.

Seriously dude. This is so easy. Do the derivative then simplify.

also i did some integral by parts but i want to polish myself so that all my arithmetic for this stuff is immaculate. i don't want to just memorize the formulas. im going to work up to integration by partial fractions to day.

k

The top part is supposed to be
Denominator • (numerator)' - numerator • (denominator)'.

but when i do it i get 3-S+sqrt (s).

Uh. What's the full problem then? I'll try it out.

here's the problem. every time i get what i posted for you in my numerator.

Math is so gay.

What the fuck is a quotelt rule

Hope this helps.

My fault, I didn't add the s^2 in the denominator.

Ever using the quotient rule beyond demonstration for the exam

>brainlet

>brute force math
>not helpful

answer is [(2/3)*s^(5/2)] - [1/(s^2)].

instead of having s^2 on the bottom bring it up top as s^-2 and then never again do the quotient rule

OP; factor out a s^-3/2 out of the top and while youre at it combine s+sqrt(s) into s^3/2. once you factor it out you can see that the s^-3/2 and the s^4 (or 2^8/2) returns an s^5/2 on the bottom.

5/2? wouldn't it be 11/2 since you're gonna have S^3/2*S*8/2 in the denominator?

This is a high school junior level math course, yes?

Regardless, here you go. I don't know what you're doing wrong because I don't see where in this problem there's room for errors.

Best of luck graduating.

i know how to do it like that but when it's in quotient rule form it made no sense. like in you'd get a S^3/2*S^8/2 in the denominator, which is equal to s^11/2.

Here's the problem worked out step-wise with the quotient rule. Compare what you've done and try to find the mistake.

Seriously dude. You're so dumb.

that's not even right see

Yes it is you fucking idiot. Do you even understand algebra?

we're about to find out

Make 2s^(5/2) the common denominator if you really want it to be exactly the same as the solution given to you.

that's arithmetic not algebra bucko.

It's arithmetic algebra... You're performing calculations with letters.

no it's not it's the study of abstract structures. you're just doing arithmetic with symbols, which while algebra uses, isn't based on. it's analysis of symbols.

My engineering is showing. My formal math knowledge is worse than I thought.

I apologize; you're correct.

So who's right? this guy here ?

OP here. i think all the answers given here are correct. i was just stuck because i don't believe i did the proper quotient rule. i did gf'-fg' instead of fg'-gf'. right?

Both and are correct step-by-step solutions. The latter doesn't fully simplify, but both should guide you.

Yeah, you were doing it wrong. At least you figured out what was going on