What are some good beginner cookbooks? My daughter (who is beautiful...

What are some good beginner cookbooks? My daughter (who is beautiful, by the way) just turned 18 and is going off to college this fall. She's never been much into cooking (we usually just get takeout, or stay in and have chicken tenders), so I want to get her a beginners cook book so she can eat well when she's living on her own. What would you recommend?

Mastering The Art of French Cooking by Julia Child

/thread

>chicken tenders

Imagine all the chicken tendie points she'd get in those 4 years

My parents gave me cookbooks when I was that age, and I think I used the couple I got for 10 min max.

Buy her a do-all pot, pan, and other basic junk. Cook around the house beforehand and try to encourage her to help if she's interested. General cookbooks are 95% useless with the internet.

But the internet is full of retarded bullshit not worthy of being published, let alone putting pen to paper.

You have no idea what kind of shit they publish. People who don't know better still buy them.

>(who is beautiful, by the way)
what an odd thing for her father to say when it has nothing to do with the topic

Most beginner dishes aren't worth putting pen to paper. It's easiest to learn with some basics and then work your way up from there googling recipes you already know you like.

Are you implying all cook books are some kind of magical lore that only experts can decipher? Like you level up and gain a skill point or something?

Pussy.

I hope you feel better, user. Everything's going to be fine.

But yeah essentially what you're saying is correct. When I started cooking I didn't know what people meant by simmer, high-heat, and many cooking specific skills and terms meant. In that sense, it's easier to take on challenges as they come to you vs. learning everything at once.

>Not knowing what "high heat" means.

Are you mentally slow? Do you have a learning disability?

Not him, but it is kinda vague. Especially for a complete beginner working with an erratic burner.

Lots of simple recipes included.

I like the sections regarding each ingredient's qualities and traits. Nice to know proper dinner party settings too.

A good first book for sure, leaves you wanting more in terms of unique types of cuisines or styles of cooking.

>who is beautiful, by the way
Aww :)

mark bittman - how to cook everything the basics

also a good suggestion

Please, no more daughterposting.

Absolutely this. A kitchen necessary, the 1970s version in particular. Julia Child's "The Way to Cook" is also a must for technique. Petersons "Sauces" is a great addition as well.

Post her nudes.

I have the first edition ...

kek

> 21 post
> no Gordon Ramsy's home cooking
Faggots.

This is good. Very helpful for me when I was going from fancy restaurant cook to feeding masses buffet. lol. Seriously. Was tasked with making tuna casserole for 200. Has no idea where to start. This was pre-internet era.
I'd just use the internet. SeriousEats is pretty good and I don't think it's too hard for a beginner. If it is, then check out some YT channels that are dedicated to that. ChefJohn is the obvious one. CookingWithJack if you're a toddler. Rouxbe has a cooking website that may or may not be available as a torrent.
I guess I wouldn't really know where to send a newb. I had a friend who taught me some basics and I used pretty rudimentary cookbooks back when I was starting.
Peterson's Splendid Soups was/is as well written as Sauces. It's a read front to back. So much history and insight. It really helped me when I was way over my head as a soux chef.

>babby's first cook book

The Bible.