/smg/ - Stock Market General

We still hate Xaviers edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous Thread

Attached: 1487473493321.jpg (835x471, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cboe.com/products/vix-index-volatility/volatility-on-stock-indexes/the-cboe-vvix-index/vvix-whitepaper
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/derivative-securities#put-call-options
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hate Stocks

buy GE

With the power of AMRS, we BTFOd both Warren buffet and the S&P this week.

(explination of CWCO: It's a small cap utility I'm holding for the rest of my life)

Attached: WARRENBTFO.png (608x345, 57K)

damn 3 threads in one day already

WTF happened everything is red again!

let the good times roll

Attached: 1515955075834.png (598x540, 550K)

Just sold my UVXY for slightly more than I paid for it but I wish I'd sold on Monday like my gut was kind of telling me to. I'm all AMRS now niggas! Plus some cash. What's a good little side meme right now?

WE DID IT

We did it Reddit!

Attached: TozjU3M.jpg (600x315, 24K)

Man I dunno, I swung UVXY for a small gain but now I'm just on the sidelines confused at what the fuck is going on

The current score is
SMG: 2
(((the market))): 1

Attached: 75568511.jpg (195x250, 30K)

Attached: 1499620968924.png (1280x720, 643K)

I've got a question. Why can't I spend my gold on high volatility memes? The gold is only included in my available funds when I try to buy some low volatility boomer shit.

Different brokers have rules for how they let you spend your margin.

if anyones looking for a nice easy swing, buy TMV right now. bonds are moving around like crazy (in terms of bonds)

kek, you arent supposed to use your margins on a whole bunch of super volatile shit, man. thats asking for trouble. it makes sense that RH would restrict you from doing just that. get a different broker if youre so eager to give yourself a margin call

Are there options on bonds?

VIX itself is volatile. Wat do?

Attached: Screenshot_20180321-144459.png (720x1280, 110K)

>Robinhood

I really hate the fact that there is a virtual line to buy Cryptocurrency. I call bullshit.

cboe.com/products/vix-index-volatility/volatility-on-stock-indexes/the-cboe-vvix-index/vvix-whitepaper

I already had a margin call lol so maybe that's why I can't do that shit anymore. I'm totally good for the money, I mean I have over $12k in stocks. Whatever though, no big deal I don't guess.

>buy GE

Can't go wrong with GE. They just sent me and email about their Company Annual meeting. Now I gotta vote since I'm a share holder of GE.

Market struggling to make a green day candle

that might be why. also if you get labeled as PDT or any SEC violations they will be less likely to let you use margins at all until you have 25k. thats where im at sadly.

Might pick up on close for maximum gain, when do you think it'll bounce back up?

Check out TLT, 20 year treasury bond fund, it has an active options.

The short Bonds have been gapping up everyday then just giving it back every day for like a week.

WHY THE FUCK IS THE DOLLAR STILL FALLING

Why were all these people talking smack and going all in on TVIX and UVXY they are both down a lot.

Meant to say active options chain.

TLT is long bonds. When the yields rise the existing bonds values decline because why would I pay full amount for a bond with a lower yield? That fund will be bearish all year.

You know how those things work right?

I'll give it a shot, thanks for the heads up

Lotsa crazy currency fluctuations. Lotta people got the FED shitpost wrong it seems.

Buy puts on it then. The user was looking for options on bonds.

Yes, and due to the feds announcements it should be booming theoretically.

Second bottom incomming, how low will it go.

It was offset by the morning pump and the weeks faceberg selloff

Low as your mom after a few drinks

CLRB take off STARTS now

Dow 8000 soon then.

could go for an option strangle if you think it'll continue to bounce around, but i wouldn't recommend it as it's always volatile on fed days.

Attached: file.png (576x510, 347K)

Attached: 0099.png (527x526, 289K)

Got about 20% from that fed play since I put everything together Friday. I'll just close most of everything tomorrow, and hope SPY comes to its senses and gaps down.

Only successful fed play I've ever done is scalped JDST during the conference.

So what is everybody's prognostications moving forward from here? I think the rates are still too low, but I had put so much thought into today, that I'm not sure what to go about doing now.

im following through with my shorts. i know bonds will continue to slide, and semis looked like they were wilting into close. might get some more AMRS again if she finally dips. hoping XXII pops sometime this week or im heading for somewhere else with my gambling money

Puts on facebook

definitely. zucks fucked

You're both wrong. Facebook may as well be a religious entity now.

CAN'T KEK THE ZUCK

>40 Billion in cash
>0 Debt

lol Face book isn't going bust, the P/E is just 27

No man, he pissed off some important people by playing both sides of the election, he may not actually be safe.

Not to mention the no real business model thing based on fake ad clicks.

I need a meme.

I'll do it, but one of you has to call 1-800-WE'LL-FUCK-EM and get a class action suit with all users as plaintiffs against FB.

fuck em. im putting puts all the fuck over em

and like half the "users" are bots. im hoping that we see an enron style collapse, but im biased. i want all of silicon valley to be pushed into the sea

No memes out there right now?

Selling more SPY puts here, I try to add to my positions when there are major dips, probably will do so tomorrow or Friday depending on where we are headed.

Try XON

Bought tvix at 7.36, you guys think thats a good price?

Attached: troi.png (1221x704, 1.59M)

I hurt myself with this shit today

better than buying it at $20 million, but it's still going to zero

Attached: file.png (795x450, 19K)

if tomorrow starts off with a selloff youll be stoked. if we gap up youll be fucking pissed

I was thinking SPY would gap down, and I could close all my bear shit green and go long tomorrow. Might just sit a day out and do some research.

Redpill me?

A diversified biotech company. Diversified in that it has interests in different sectors :
- healthcare (CAR-T, gene therapy)
- agriculture (new gen GMO, they currently sale a new kind of non-browning apple and have more fruits in their pipelines)
- aquaculture (a new salmon breed and platform to breed hem inland)
- pest control (genetically modified mosquitoes to fight other virus carrying mosquitoes)
- bio-industry (AMRS-tier technology but not as advanced and based on methane)

XON tries to leverage their in-house gene editing technology in all these different sectors. XON CEO is Randal J. Kirk, a somehow famous biotech serial entrepreneur who has put his own money into the game

Does anyone have any good books you like to keep handy when trading? I'm mostly just following this general, and while I can't complain because you guys have made me money, it would be nice to be able to think for myself a bit more. I'm just looking for a brainlet friendly reference of do's and don't's and explanations of how some of this shit works. I'd love to learn the sorcery behind the meme lines but that might be more advanced, I dunno.

Cool I'll check this out, thanks user!

I don't know of any good books. Mostly just used google and investopia. If you open up trading view, there are a ton of indicators you can choose from. If you just look them up and get an idea of what all those indicators are actually showing you ie. how you would go about making them your self if you didn't have a computer, you can get a better understanding than most investors of the meme lines.

Attached: Screenshot_20180321-171755.png (1080x1920, 498K)

Thanks man. Wish there was an Investopedia phone app but it doesn't look like there is one.

Cryptofags BTFO.

your app divides the ask price by 2 to get "current price? lmfao there will be no bids anywhere near that. also congrats on being the only volume today on that contract. also kys

Oh shit, you're right he's totally fucked.

SUNRUN

Attached: 1520217517274.gif (500x226, 1.84M)

That meme might be a little too dank for me but redpill me.

kek

How do I into options?

Attached: 1520989536799.jpg (365x720, 85K)

khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/derivative-securities#put-call-options

Thanks

>tfw you just realized the market just priced in the next interest corrections and will only bull run from now on

nikkei shooting up from the trenches

Attached: -43.png (951x770, 230K)