I was looking at this festival poster when I noticed this at the top

I was looking at this festival poster when I noticed this at the top
>gourmet man food

Well Veeky Forums, can anybody tell me what the heck that implies? What is "gourmet man food"?

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagoopenair.com/gourmet-man-food/
youtube.com/watch?v=H9__2duUhO0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably standard fair type food. Deep fried shit, bbq, maybe a guy grilling sausages

It's most Likely burgers and stuff with one hip condiment.

>Chicago
>man food

Deep dish 'za with bacon

i like whores a lot
please go see "falling in reverse"

It's literally explained on their website you imbecile

chicagoopenair.com/gourmet-man-food/

>Kuma’s corner will be returning with their heavy metal themed burgers that pack some serious Rock N Roll Flavor! Last year’s Headlining “Slipknot Burger” was so good with a 5 Oz patty, garlic mayo, bacon, smoked gouda and chipotle pepper, even the band had to have it.

Sounds good but I don't see how it relates to Slipknot or a heavy metal theme

More unnecessarily gendered shit to validate your masculinity even though it's just greasy fucking food.

This. Anything that offers itself as a man product is taking advantage of the fact that you're completely insecure in your masculinity and desperate to receive validation.

You know what men eat? Whatever the fuck they want. Men don't have to have someone else tell them they're a man for eating a burger, and if a man wants a salad he's damn well going to eat a salad.

>You know what men eat?
PUSS

Kuma's Corner is a heavy metal themed burger place and it's a heavy metal(ish) festival, what's not to get?

Idk, what's devilish about garlic mayo or smoked gouda? Shouldn't it be some kind of satanic burger or something? Or have a bun designed to look like a Slipknot mask?

> man food
> average age of the fans who like these artists is 12

They just name their burgers after shitty metal bands. Their food is actually pretty good, a little overpriced, but good nonetheless

"Man food" is stuff like bacon and beer and high calorie, savory fried garbage.

"Women food" is salad and low-fat stuff and diet soda but if you call it that some uppity cunts will start bitching and moaning that it's sexist like these two absolute twats:

I'm 28 myself, I would want to see KISS, Rob Zombie, Megadeth, Anthrax, Korn, Godsmack, Body Count, Steel Panther, Metal Church, Pig Destroyer, Dragonmeme, Ozzy, Slayer, Stone Sour, LoG, and Devildriver.....wouldn't give much of a care about the rest

Nobody's talking about sexism, friendo. We just don't have limp little dicks that'll shrivel and fall off if someone doesn't constantly reassure us that we're buying masculine products and eating masculine food.

t. unattractive roastie

honestly surprised to see whores on there. also seems a bit odd to have pig destroyer and code orange desu

You sure showed me, Timmy.

i sure did.

maybe your five cats and tinder friends can console you.

Friday kicks ass don't mind telling you.

>slipknot
>shitty
Pick one. Also, see body count op. They rule

Taste me you will see
More is all you need
Dedicated to
How I'm killing you

>Slipknot Burger
I push my fingers into my fries

women detected

Looking in a mirror again?

Top kek

Remember when Slipknot sued Burger King over a fictitious band that was used to promote Chicken Fries? I will never not find that hilarious

burger king with the jokes

Burger King rocks, flame broiled taste, straight from HELL

In this context, just a meme to get flyovers to overpay for the same shit they eat every day.

Good post

I live in Chicago and went to the first Open Air last year to go see Rammstein, and ho-ly shit is everything ridiculously over fucking priced. I didn't get anything to eat, I only drank, which was about expensive as you'd think, but one of the friends I went with got a burger. Not from Kuma's, but some other "meme-burger" stand.

All the food there is/was some unholy combination of shitty gastropub meme dishes with the prices of stadium food. My friend payed like $16 for a burger and a drink. I mean, I know festival food can be a little pricey, but it's just something about pushing "man food" at a metal festival that's so cringey and try hard.

Other than that, the line up and shows were really fucking good though.

I would probably sneak my own food in somehow, I mean you could keep a cooler in your car right

>What is "gourmet man food"?
Evidently it's something enjoyed by people who like the shittiest "metal" bands. All the stoner kids from high school who thought they were "hardcore" because they listened to Korn and Slipknot and shopped at Hot Topic.

Honestly this is a pretty good and varied lineup despite there being some lame bands in the mix, but the fact that you put quotations around "metal" makes me think your some fag who listens to literally whos just because you think it gives you credibility

If you're too good for Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Ozzy, etc....you're a try hard

>Ozzy

Literally how, he's on tour with Black Sabbath right now

Also
>Iron Maiden announces NA tour
>opening act is Ghost

Just fuck my wallet up desu senpai

>no Sunn O))))

I think I'll pass

>literal meme metal which is played at such extreme volumes no one can tell how shitty it is

Atmoshits can fuck off

I'll raise your completely subjective shitpost with Earth

Easy, clearly his spot at this show is not scheduled on a day he's performing with Sabbath, he flies into Chicago from wherever he is, does the gig, flies back to wherever he was prior

the festival isn't until july and the sabbath tour is done in february.

Of all the bands there, clutch and kyng are the only shit worth seeing.

the za'

Meh, Clutch has a few good songs here and there but in general I'm not into all that stoner shit

Whores is from my town. They're awesome live but I'm not a huge fan of their recorded stuff.

That festival looks like shit anyway. Fucking Seether and Godsmack kek. Just a bunch of trash metal aside from Pig Destroyer and Whores. Norma Jean and Dillinger get honorable mentions since they used to be good.

It's the only thing that slowly brings the taste

It looks like an even more commercial version of Ozzfest. Modern popular metal is the lamest shit ever.

Earth is great but they aren't metal.

this band is the epitome of emperor's new clothes

Sounds like you know quite a lot about music pleb

what the hell is caffeinated cheese?

I'd call it pretty good marketing. Given the music line up the guy to girl ratio is going to be well into sausage fest territory. And these guys generally have an antipathy toward people they perceive as hipsters, seeing them as unmanly. Yet it's mostly hipster types selling gourmet versions of pedestrian foods at a mark up. How do you sell this to a crowd predisposed to see it as hipster shit? Make a big deal of saying it's manly and rock and roll, of course. That's how you get metalheads to pay a premium to eat hipster food.

I've literally listened to over 500 metal bands. Maybe their old stuff could be considered some form of atmospheric doom but the new stuff is just slow twangy desert prog. I love their newer albums but it's not metal in any way.

But it's made of all the buns I have to bake

The cheese it never ends, it works it's way to my thighs

It's a shop

Core type and related bands have to play to hard rock and heavy metal audiences because it's far more profitable and alive than anything having to do with punk and hardcore, and they want that MOOLAH

None of the headlining bands are what you would call "modern", it's 2017...you have three out of the four "Big 4" of thrash metal (80s), KISS (70s), Ozzy's solo act (80s), Korn, Amon Amarth (early 90s), Rob Zombie, Godsmack, Stone Sour all late 90s I'm pretty sure...Lamb Of God, Meshuggah....even having debuts in the early 00s, that was over a decade ago, etc etc

Call it what you want but most of these acts have been established for decades and not exactly "modern" in 2017

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. To me, metal is more than just distorted guitars and lyrics about the devil. I think metal is a genre of music with wide variation and everything from Steppenwolf to Cannibal Corpse to Om is metal.

Agreed. Some is good and some is bad. I mostly like doom and sludge subgenres. Om is amazing and I wish more metal bands would make that kind of music. Advaitic Songs is one of my favorite albums.

What this guy said, none of this is really "modern" anymore. The 2010's haven't really been huge for popular new metal bands.

This is true for rock in general pretty much since 2003. Record company guys realized rock music was moving too few units compared to pop and R&B to be worth pouring money into as sales were slumping in general across the board. If you think of all the really big rock acts (able to sell out stadiums) all of them broke through before 2003. There hav been plenty of great bands since then, but without major label funding and promotion they didn't manage to make it to the level of name recognition as their predecessors. On top of that many of the low and mid tier venues have closed, leaving up and comers no place to gig and build a fanbase (beyond youtube).

The result is that young people who would have gone out to see live rock music 15 years ago today are much more likely to spend their money going out to eat at trendy restaurants. Local rock scenes aren't as vigorous as they used to be.

LoG and Meshuggah are from the 90s

theres still a pretty thriving local scene if you live in a large city

Depends on the city. NYC and SF are both cities with once great local rock scenes that have been pretty much gutted today by high real estate prices. Musicians are even getting priced out of Brooklyn and Oakland. And in other places where there are good local bands what's their endgame? It used to be a major label deal might open the door to stardom if they managed not to implode making their record and it didn't get shelved. Today what to they have to hope for? A song used in a TV show or commercial? Becoming youtube sensations? Basically the infrastructure that allowed the dream to be lived is only still in place for those who managed to break through before 2003. And even a lot of those acts are playing tepid festivals.

Metal church and code orange are solid. Body count is just fun.

Maybe they just enjoy playing music and have real jobs on the side. Good music is not commercial music anymore. There's nothing they can hope for. Doesn't mean there is no motivation to do it though. There's a few great bands in my city that probably make next to nothing off of their music but they still play. Even the most popular bands in the genres I like are rarely making enough to live off of their music but they keep doing it because it's fulfilling and fun.

Surprisingly, some of the best new music is coming out of flyovers like Memphis. Partially because young people can live cheaply, and there's an established music culture.

> you're completely insecure in your masculinity

Only faggots and bitches would use the word "insecure" in response to that advertisement, while sane people realize it's just good natured humor.

NOLA as well, though that's changing fast.

Fucking PREACH my dude

Greasy meme bullshit sold for a massive markup to closet homosexuals desperate to prove their masculinity at a shitty music fest (except for Rob Zombie and Clutch).

>Thrash shows
>Not going to stoner doom shows

gooby blz

>Steppenwolf
>Considered metal because they literally said the words "heavy metal" in a song

wew lad

This. The time to start a rock band was the early '60's through the early 2000's. No one gives a fuck about local bands with originals anymore, they just want to hear covers.

It means get a better taste in music

Memphis is not flyover kek. Flyover implies sparse population or small town.

I saw The Sword a little over a year ago they were really good

Oh wow, I didn't know Clutch still played.

the entire lineup is geriatric people
they better have applesauce and tapioca pudding backstage

Maybe that's what "gourmet man food" is

It's better than the all geriatric people and one young guy lineup. Or the all young guys and one geriatric singer lineup.

I'm guessing it is simply typical hearty Chicago famous fare combined with food trucks of same. Chicago is a foodie city afterall.

Where did I claim that it was because of that lyrics? Heavy Metal starts with Pink Floyd, Steppenwolf, Deep Purple and the fucking Beatles to me because of the music that they made.

I'd take Floyd and the Beatles off that list. If you're looking for the bridge from psychedelic rock and metal it's Hendrix and Blue Cheer (if you want to be a total fucking nerd).

Ye but you should listen to stuff like One of those Days by Floyd or She's so Heavy by the Beatles. They both created thick heavy walls of sound which later became typical of heavy metal. Same goes for In the Hall of the Crimson King.
Hendrix and Blue Cheer on the other hand are proto-metal all the way.

>Sounds good but I don't see how it relates to Slipknot or a heavy metal theme
It's not uncommon to name a sandwich after a celebrity, someone you admire, an employee, the owners names, a loved regular to a restaurant, etc. Why wouldn't it be any different to name your burgers after bands? It's a little more fun than just listing the 5 ingredients you want on your burger, I guess.

But it's shit if you don't and internationally you can miss out on some killer stuff.
Vektor is up there along with Kreator and Slayer for me, but they broke up without ever setting foot in my country.
Meanwhile I've seen the old farts up on stage going through the motions several times.

youtube.com/watch?v=H9__2duUhO0
Veeky Forums related

>thick heavy walls of sound which later became typical of heavy metal.
Much later. I really think of early metal as white guys playing blues rock licks with lots of distortion and a more square ass groove. Cream was pointing at it, Tull grazed it with Benefit and Sabbath defined it in the early days.

>Heavy Metal starts with Pink Floyd, Steppenwolf, Deep Purple and the fucking Beatles

??????????????????

This was actually pretty good. Not the best beer I've had but I'd definitely drink it again.

>Heavy Metal
>Beatles

Ignore him it's just bait people have been using since forever.

Black Sabbath really defined the genre, everyone before was just hinting at it.
Listen to "I want you/she's so heavy" right now and tell me it doesn't have a doom vibe to it.

You need to fuck off with your shitty meme, everyone did the heavy blues thing, it wasn't just the Beatles. Iommi did the same except he tuned way down due to him losing the tips of his two fingers and used a gain booster which in turn created the "Heavy Metal" sound we know.

Since it seems thread related, anybody ever eat at any of KISS's "Rock & Brews" locations?

Try the Dimmu Borgir