Where are you now? How much further do you intend to go?

Where are you now? How much further do you intend to go?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/math/comments/1rkc0r/found_this_on_Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As far as the requirements of advanced physics require

just starting "serious math", real analysis, topology.

I want to go as far as I can, but I'll be happy with

Linear algebra. Hooray for biology!

>irrational pattern functions
>system entropy deconvolution
>poly-dimensional topology
>one-time pad decryption
>random sequence extrapolation

So...Gnosis?

Thanks to Brexit UK research is heading into the toilet. I am going elsewhere.

Complex numbers.

I stopped at serious maths

It's like someone went on Wikipedia and grabbed some terms without really knowing what they mean. The stuff at the bottom like "one-time pad decryption" and "random sequence extrapolation" is trivially impossible, and "poly-dimensional topology" and "irrational pattern functions" aren't even real things.
I'm also not sure why homotopy is apparently simpler than cohomology, or how you can study Riemann surfaces without understanding meromorphic functions. It's pretty clear that whoever made the chart doesn't actually know what these things are.

they are obviously ironic jokes

Same

>strokes theorem

Vectors are all the way down there what the fuck? In my uni we learn vector math (polar coordinates, cylindrical coordinates, fields, gradients, divergence, curl, Laplace, and differential operators) at the same time as Calc 1 and 2 depending on program.

>tfw I am already beneath Riemann surfaces (which i only half understood) by knowing euclidian space algebra.

Feels good.

That chart is inaccurate. I haven't touched algebraic geometry but we covered Grobner bases in third year ring theory, for example.

Starting Fourier.
Long way to go yet....

What have we gained from theoretical math? Genuinely curious.

Found the autist.

>Aeronautical Engineering
Stopped right before "serious math", have no practical reason to go further for my profession/degree

Plenty of community college math instructors who can teach 25yo Shaniqua how to do FOIL while little Lemarcus runs around the class acting like a chimp. Your attempts at teaching will be met with - "Ah B JUs HurR fO'' daa FreE GranTTTT BoNEsss."

Astrophysicist
Have gone into everything before and a few topics in the "serious math" portion, mostly Hilbert space stuff for quantum mechanics.
Beyond that it has limited use to the study of exoplanets so if I do anymore it'll be just outta curiosity/ fun and not for my work.

Almost everything we have.

There would be almost no scientific progress without serious mathematical foundations and it very surprising how much math finds applications.

This entirely.

The entire basis upon which astrophysicists/ physicists test their theories today is statistical comparison of results which completely relies upon Gauss'/ others work ~1-2 hundred years ago, which, during his time, a lot of folks thought was useless. Advancement in math is generally far ahead of the physical sciences and the applications are not always immediately obvious/implemented.

Equations.

I failed college with a big fat F in math.
Funny though, I had an A from class 1 to 10, then the fuckers had to replace literally everything with a fucking letter and I got lost on the logic behind.

My interest for space and physics is still there though, even though I can't understand most of more complex math behind it.

Currently taking DE

Yes, you are perfect for reddit! There you can be a physicist without knowing math!

>you need to have a phd to have an interest in physics
>you need to be a politican to have interest in politics
>you need to have sex to have an interest in masturbating

Never change Veeky Forums.

There is a difference between having an interest and wanting to listen to the experts AND being a retard who watches vsauce and believes in that quantum consciousness will create black singularity hole that will reach human AI in 5 light years.... duuuudeee

In all fairness I don't think one can seriously claim to have an "interest" in physics if they can't understand the language it's written in.

That's like telling people you have an interest in books whilst simultaneously being illiterate.

I made this image a very long time ago. Glad to see it still floating around on Veeky Forums.

I'm gonna make one for physics but I'm gonna need some input from you guys

Division,
>tfw a chimpanzee can beat me in math

I'm at Grobner bases level. I would really like to be able to learn about motives and schemes. Need to update my cat theory knowledge first.

>PDEs are not serious math
>control theory is more deep and serious than algebraic topology

I wonder how a similar chart would look like if those things were sorted by "how often people complain how hard they are"

(didn't mean to quote )

wtf reddit.com/r/math/comments/1rkc0r/found_this_on_Veeky Forums_what_do_you_think/

You made this?: Remove the obvious bait. I'll try come up with a few terms:
Babby tier:
>v = s/t
>material density
>electrical circuits
High school tier:
>Newton's laws (no vectors)
>kinetic energy
>classical optics (lenses and refraction)
>vibrations and waves
>ideal gas law
>radioactive decay
>gravitation
Serious physics:
>vector calculations
>special relativity
>particle in a box (quantum physics)
>Lagrange formalism
>entropy
>some more undergrad stuff

Some more terms you can throw in:
>Broglie hypothesis, the photo-electric effect, stellar evolution, electric and magnetic field, Stokes's and Gauss's law, Brownian motion, Fermi sphere, astrometry and celestial mechanics, particle physics, Higgs boson, gravitational waves, M-theory, supersymmetry, the multiverse, cold fusion, entropy reduction, quantum prediction, FTL communication, quantum consciousness, quantum teleportation

>quantum consciousness

Eigen vectors. Shits gonna get deep af

Algebraic geometry. Idk how I'm gonna do this haha

this is clearly retarded, u cant decrypt a one time pad thats been used properly so this image is complete bullshit