Next semester I'm taking physics 2, calc 3, differential equations, and linear algebra...

Next semester I'm taking physics 2, calc 3, differential equations, and linear algebra. Everyone I've told my schedule to so far has laughed awkwardly and looked concerned.

This can't be that hard. Right?

Pic unrelated.

None of those classes are hard if you're not a brainlet. It's a lot of practice and homework problems is all.

Who are you telling that looks concerned? Non-STEM majors? This is standard 3rd semester for any STEM major at my university, with either 1 or 2 major related courses on top of it

Ive never heard of someone taking calc 3, linear algebra and diff.eq at the same time, usually because calc 3 is a prerequisite to linear algebra and diff,eq, and sometimes linear algebra is a prerequisite to diff.eq.

If you're an engineering major idk why you're taking three math classes at once, OP. If you're a math major, well... You're a math major.

I've taken more than 1 math class a semester. Non-stem majors will cringe because they've been trained to think you can only handle one math/science a semester

I spoke to civil engineer, a bio major, a pharmacy grad student, a mech e major, and my chemistry professor who audibly groaned when I told her.

The pharmacy kid told me to prepare my anus, and to have fun, but everyone else acted like they were concerned for my well being.

You should be fine if you study maths/physics.

CS or engineering then you've most likely fucked up big time.

Also, I do think it's a little overkill since you're probs a sophomore or second semester freshman. Drop diff.eq and take one of your soft gen eds instead. English, history, etc. calc 3, linear algebra and diff.eq aren't necessarily hard, but they require a lot of hw and practice.

I was given express permission by the professor to take linear algebra, and differential equations concurrently with calc 3.

Have you taken calc three before?

Nope. I'm just finishing calc 2 this semester.

Yea, you're gonna fuck your gpa. There is literally zero reason to take linear algebra and diff.eq before you've finished your calc sequence.

Those classes will probably be graded on a bell curve and you're automatically disadvantaged because everyone else has more mathematical maturity than you.

Whoever granted your request is a fucktArd. Only way I'd allow something like that is if they passed a qualifying exam.

I'll rethink it a little then. I guess I'll request the syllabuses for the classes first and see what I'm getting myself into and then decide. I'm not sure why he would say I could if he didn't think I was capable of it. He seemed like he really wanted me to take diff eq's which is way I requested to take it in the first place. But either way I have plenty of time to drop and take something easier.

I took multivariable and ode at my uni and it was not fun. Both had labs. Phys 2 is easier than phys 1 imo

linear algebra has no prerequisite imo
for ode's you should know some basic analysis (e.g. multivariable differentiation, integrals, banach fixpoint theorem )
as for calc 3 don't know what you will learn there

Its not impossible to to take a course load like this, if youre actually smart you should pass them all. the problem from my point of view would be, is it really worth it? And im not just thinking of the stress/hassle, but if you actually care about learning this stuff than you might want to reconsider. Those are all great subjects, try to enjoy them

Physics 2, Calculus 3, and Linear Algebra are all pretty easy. Differential Equations isn't that bad.

Don't worry too much, I've seen and done more intensive schedules.

>calc 3 & diffyq at the same time
for what purpose?

They're prerequisites to all the fun course. Best to get them out of the way early.

It's very doable.

Literally none of those classes are remotely difficult.

>Only 4 classes

lol pussy

calc3 and la will share many of the same topics
ode is lots of int-bp and par-fracs
physics 2 will be the hardest

It's fine as long as you go to every lecture and do enough homework. If you fall behind you're fucked but if you stay ahead it's smooth sailing.

Wait wtf calculus 4 exists? Thanks for the new meme, calculus 3 was getting stale.

>more mathematical maturity

You don't start getting mathematical maturity until you start taking theoretical courses.

Calc 1 and 2 are pretty universal

Calc 3 and 4 are ode/linear and multivariable different colleges switch which one is which

>mathematical maturity

Calc 4 is just ODEs. Sometimes PDEs is refer to as Calc 5 but the course is never called that.

take some stats classes too, you have space in your schedule.

If you've done well in calc 1 and 2, and actually put effort into your school work, I can't imagine this being the most difficult thing you could do.

Calc 3 is literally just generalizing the prior for more variables, and it's far easier than the prior 2, which weren't that hard as they were, at least in my opinion.

You'll have to be more dutiful for linear algebra and diff eq, but if you grasp mathematical concepts easily and are prepared to put forth the effort needed, I don't think this will be a huge issue.

If you're a lazy fuck, then this will literally destroy your GPA.

Just study and do your work diligently. People groan because it looks as if you put a lot on your plate, but if you use your time wisely you should do well or at least stay afloat.

>physics 2
Only found this class difficult because I had just learned what integrals were for the first time that same quarter.

>calc 3
I hated the calc series, but found this one the easiest for whatever reason, probably just because I liked the professor. Way easier than calc ii in my opinion.

>differential equations
My highest math grade was in this class. I didn't find it that easy, but I thought it was really interesting. Also I was super stoked on differential equations because I took thermal physics the quarter before, and saw how useful they are.

>linear algebra
I thought it was pretty easy. I didn't like all the definitions and proofs, that was my first exposure to that kind of thing (Comp E major).

My school is on a quarterly system, and any of the above three would be a full load. I would DEFINITELY not want to take all 4 in one go. I don't know what your school is like, OP. And you might be a lot smarter than me so it could be manageable for you.
Not for me, though.

>calc 3 is a prerequisite to linear algebra
I think you have thag backwards. Also, you just need to remember some basic theorems and notation about linear algebra so taking simultaneously is pretty possible and even recommendable

t. Took calc 3 linear algebra and differential equations

KEK youre all fucking brainlets. Next semester im taking: calc 1 calc 2, calc 3, linear algebra, differential equations, physical chemistry, organic analysis, gen chem 2, archery, english 101, social studies, thermodynamics 2, PHYS 132 with lab, fluid mechanics 1 and 2.

Come at me faggots

Tip: Use a Ti-89 Titanium calculator and breeze through your semester. Even if that model is prohibited, most professors never even notice as it almost looks the same as a Ti-84.

I took linear algebra (and abstract algebra) before calc II, let alone calc III. I don't see why the hell you need calc II/III for it, hell I found LA -> Calc III made more sense than Calc III -> LA.

>Using calculators in math class

Get your computational based math out of here

Canaderps does has 4 calculus courses that cover the same material as the 3 calc courses in the US.

Calc 3 in Canaderps is some series stuff and some intro vector calculus.

>undergrad

Why would anyone use a calculator in a math class.

And why wouldn't you use a Casio if you needed one.

>social studies
you're gpa is fucked m8

You should be fine. Keep that poker face for Vegas.

>Why would anyone use a calculator in a math class.

Not that user, but I'm pretty sure you can get symbolic solutions from matrix operations with an 89, or even just program it into the 89. Let's you check your work.

Just pre-study those classes, most importantly being Calc 3. DE will be the easiest one if you have a good grounding. All four of those classes are ridiculously intertwined.

what shit tier school do you attend good sir
i have never known any reputable institution that allows the use of calculators in the basic math/physics sequence
i attended average uc irvine and never used a calculator in any of the above courses
that is nine quarters with all exams done by hand

>not taking theoretical courses since day 1