Considering that there is a very real possibility that earth is the only planet with life on it in the entire universe...

Considering that there is a very real possibility that earth is the only planet with life on it in the entire universe doesn't it make it extremely important that we go to Mars? It would be the first time any life managed to survive on another planet outside of earth and would make a trip to Mars humanities greatest accomplishment.
Why don't politicians seem to care about that?

No money in it.

Yes! Let's waste more time and tax dollars for even more useless shit!

At least wars create jobs and money and stimulate the economy for a while. But this stuff is literally a pit to throw money into with no return.

user there may be a reason why Aliens don't want to talk to us...

>he thinks the colonization of mars is possible
you've been reading too much sci-fi

If we established a Martian colony in the next ten or twenty years. Do we have the right technology to withstand Mars' massive sandstorms?

We dont even have the technology to withstand the radiation accompanied with long distance space travel

Quote me on this.

I guarantee you with 100% certainty that within the first 3 months of humans being on mars we find martial micro bacteria.

I guarantee you with 100% certainty that we will find absolutely fucking nothing on Europa except a shit load of organic chemicals that will ultimately lead to nothing except more funding towards the space program.

I'm not even joking, I'm from 2030, and this is a message from the future. You will find domestic bacterial life on Mars in the next decade.

>very real possibility
>that the earth is the only planet with life out tthne

You have no idea what youre talking about, do you?

How would a space drive fail to create jobs?

Are you fucking dumb? Space colonization is imperative if we want humanity to perdure in time.

The economy and occupations are only temporary. As a Doctor, I can confirm this.

>that earth is the only planet with life on it in the entire universe
>only planet
>only planet

What?

>very real possibility

I don't think I can even come up with a less likely proposition than "Earth is the only planet in the entire observable universe with biological organisms on it." How would you explain 300 billion stars just in our galaxy alone and only one planet with life on it?

You're the one who's being /x/. The standard cosmological model (Lambda-CDM) assumes the Copernican principle that neither the Earth nor the Sun are in a central or specially favored position in the universe.

>killing talibans in some god forsaken shithole is better than going to another planet

Kys

>doesn't it make it extremely important that we go to Mars?
No

>withstand Mars' massive sandstorms
You have seen too many movies.
You could easily stand in one of those sandstorm and barely feel anything.
The atmosphere is very thin, even if the wind is strong the impact is minimal.

That has nothing to do with life.
Our Earth could be special in that regard because we're here asking ourselves these questions.
While we all think (hope?) that life isn't a so rare occurrence there is really no evidence about that.

Earth could be special, but it also could be common.

We are arguing from a sample size of 1 here. Making any sort of prediction on whether there is (intelligent) life anywhere in the universe is science fiction, not hard science.

>Why don't politicians seem to care about that?

Frankly, money. There is no direct immediate incentive to go to mars, therefore it isn't happening. I honestly don't see it ever happening in any serious way until the collapse of capitalism (assuming it ever does collapse).

This. Wake up you fucking nerds. The only reason anything ever happens is because it makes someone money.

Mars isn't making anyone money anytime soon.

Bush is that you