What's the best textbook for basic algebra/arithmetic practice...

what's the best textbook for basic algebra/arithmetic practice? i see a bunch of high school ones but im curious if there's one that stands out.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/McDougal-Littell-Algebra-Mathematics/dp/0618594027
amazon.com/McDougal-Littell-Algebra-Holt-Larson/dp/0618595414
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is Cocoa so cute? Let's answer [math]that[/math] question first.

Gelfand's Algebra

>arithmetic practice

Write down a random number
Write down another random number
Write down a random operation
Do it
Check it with a calculator

She's drawn that way.

Wait, how do I know that they're random?

My wife Cocoa is so smart.

Bumping for this. Any suggestions sci?

Serge Lang - Basic Mathematics
You can find a pdf if you look for one. Be sure to read the preface.

Is it better than gelfands algebra?

If only she knew she would spend the rest of her life sitting there counting primes and then die without even finish.

This is why it should be mandatory to read Euclid. To prevent tragedies like this.

>Onii-chan, lets hold our breath until we find the first non trivial zero of the Riemann Zeta Function that doesn't have a real part of 0.5

RIP

except nothing states it's impossible. that's why it's a millenium prize problem.

But we all know it to be true m8.

if it's true then you should be able to prove it. show me your proof mr.smartypants.

Let f be the riemann zeta function and let z be a complex number whose real part is not 1/2 and that is not a negative even number such that f(z) = 0.

lol that would be dumb.
qed

F-

1. you didn't define what a reimann zeta function is
2. in what regard is that dumb?

terrible. im afraid your admission into harvard has been revoked and you will be assigned the position as janitor aka detergent engineer, however you will first have to enroll into a detergent engineering program to be properly certified which you'll be competing for against millions of Asians. I'd say best wishes but you were my least favorite student..

Ok, Ok. Alternative proof:

The proof is trivial and is left as an exercise for the reader.

If that is not enough then I have a third valid method of proof. Bear with me.

pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppddddddddppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppddddddddddddddddddppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppdddddddddddppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppddddddddddddddddddddppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppddddddddddddddddddddddddddppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

The characters left for this post are not enough to write my proof.
QED

It is. Lang has a very clear writing style, and it's written with the explicit aim to make the mathematics not as unpleasant as it often is (or rather, is perceived to be).

It is much longer as measured by page count, but it covers more and in a clearer way, and it is the folly of someone who has not read much in the way of math and science books to think that the length of a book corresponds to how quickly it can be read.

What's the use of even being able to count prime numbers?

Epin post lad :^)

>pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
>ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppddddddddppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppddddddddddddddddddppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppdddddddddddppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppddddddddddddddddddddppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppddddddddddddddddddddddddddppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
What did he mean by this?

>Veeky Forums is now a Numberphile comment section

i will assume you mean community college level algebra ie foil and pythagorean theorem type stuff
and not rings/groups

i enjoyed ron larsons calculus book so here are is basic algebra books.

amazon.com/McDougal-Littell-Algebra-Mathematics/dp/0618594027
amazon.com/McDougal-Littell-Algebra-Holt-Larson/dp/0618595414

khan academy
patrickjmt
pauls math notes lamar

Veeky Forums was always the worst fucking board on the site. The people who frequent this board have a more disproportionately low knowledge of the subject matter of the board than any other subject board.

/mu/ has a ton of musical knowledge, Veeky Forums has a lot of real knowledge about literature, /k/ has a lot of knowledge of weapons, Veeky Forums is infested with retards who don't know anything about science.

It is perhaps not that it's infested with a bunch of retards who know nothing of science, but that it is infested with a bunch of retarss with specific knowledge in single areas of science commenting on all areas of science.