Are there any books out there that only women can understand? There are hundreds of them that only men can comprehend

Are there any books out there that only women can understand? There are hundreds of them that only men can comprehend.

Ulysses

Joyce was a man though.

Who's she??? love me some unreadable tome in the form of an ass

Chick flick novels

We'll have to wait for the answer of a woman, and then we'll see how dumb they are

a very femine one, a womanly man

I don't read books written by women so I wouldn't know.

The Harry Potter Series
and whos that beauty on the pic

Then how come so many men like them?

>Are there any books out there that only women can understand?

Death of the Author. There are no novels anyone can say they can't understand.

That's not how death of the author works. Also the death of the author was just an idea created by some French constructionist which has been pretty unpopular and not widely accepted in academia. I hate it when people act like its the gospel truth.

>Also the death of the author was just an idea created by some French constructionist which has been pretty unpopular and not widely accepted in academia

Really? Interesting because I've found the exact opposite. I didn't know you were an English academic, or, that Veeky Forums was academia. You certainly don't treat it like academia by creating threads like these asking the important questions you might have asked your teacher in elementary school.

>I hate it when people act like its the gospel truth.

I hear you, I hate it when people are pretentious.

Liking something ≠ understanding.

You can like something and don't understand shit about it. Like the way you like most music, you get the flow, the meaning and all, but maybe you know really nothing about it's production, the sound notes they're making and the real purpose of X song. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. Same with films, where you can't understand the underlaying meaning of a film but you could still like the photography or the acting but you can't really get what's the movie trying to convey.

Yes, Harry Potter is a book that only women can really understand, while it's not a difficult book to read or get the story and all you can't really get it's core the way women does, that's why so many teenage girls and grown up women really love HP, even beyond the fact if the books are well written or not, there's somethig about the whimsical stuff in it and the way even males are portrayed that can only be really absorbed by a woman or a gay man (and all the categories that are similar to this).

>death of the author
And into the trash you go.

Is there something you don't appreciate about the fact fiction can be generally interpreted a number of ways depending on context

I doubt most men would get the experience I got out of reading The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty at 13.
What books do women not understand?

Because 90% of the time it's used to trash amazing canonical works by whining about gender and racial representation
>muh post colonialism
Read some Bloom and when you're done have the common decency to throw yourself off a fucking bridge.

>Because 90% of the time it's used to trash amazing canonical works by whining about gender and racial representation

So you're bitching about the concept of interpretation because someone is shitting on something.

That's not extreme.

>Because 90% of the time it's used to trash amazing canonical works

if this is such a trigger for you then never look at amazon user reviews

did you know feminists breathe air, user? you don't want to be like a feminist, right?

WHO IS SHE\

don't know, literally just googled "THICC"

War and Peace, Infinite Jest, the Bible etc.

Wow she looks like a handful. I would love to "fuck" her.

What are the the mechanics of fucking someone that large, I wonder. For example she probably has to use a bidet and get someone to cut her toenails for her. And how long can she stand on those heels, she must weigh more than I do and I'm not a small man. Oh wait it's probably a shop.

>when the thicc so sicc you pass out bc of ur dicc

>Read some Bloom and when you're done have the common decency to throw yourself off a fucking bridge.

i kekd

Infinite Jest, Notes from Underground, The Body

I actually had to read Flight to Lucifer for a fantasy course I took in college. The day we were scheduled to discuss it the professor's first question was, 'OK, now, how is Bloom's novel different from the fantasy novels what we've read so far?' A bunch of people raised their hand and answered but none of them seemed to be saying what the professor had in mind. He kept saying, 'Yeah, what else?' Finally nobody had anything to say and he waited a few seconds before saying, 'Well, let me phrase it another way. Was there something in Bloom's novel that eluded you?' Silence. 'Something, perhaps, that you would have liked to see, but didn't? Something that was either absent, or hard to detect?' Ah, of course! My hand shot up. 'Yes, user.' 'Talent,' I said, 'There was no discernible talent!' The professor and I broke out into hysterical laughter. 'You couldn't discern any talent!' 'None!' he shouted and started rolling around on his desk like a turtle on its back. My face was red and I was wiping away tears. We laughed for about five minutes before it died down to nothing but brief aftershocks of giggles. 'Oh man,' he said. 'Good lord. All right. Remember to read the rest of it for Tuesday, and (shouting over everyone packing up) see if you can discern any talent!' And he pointed at me. 'This guy,' he said. 'Woo.'

Probably Lolita, since women were all lolis themselves once. They can empathise/understand Dolores more than men.