Hey Veeky Forums, what was your biggest cooking fail...

Hey Veeky Forums, what was your biggest cooking fail? What cooking tip(s) have you learned that made you feel like an idiot for not always doing it before?

Keep emailing coming so I can keep hiding your dumb shit

I think you're trying to offend but I'm just confused, what are you even trying to say?

mise en place. most of the time you can have the majority of your cleanup done before you even begin cooking. And yes, I know it's a basic thing, but going from running back and forth from the pantry, to the spice cabinet, to the fridge, and to the stove, to having everything already measured right in front of me was one of my favorite little tips that I have learned.

Mobile fag so I'm assuming keep em coming

You might like bacon

You might like curry

You WILL NOT like bacon curry.

You are the kind of person that is going to find the next delicious food. Keep experimenting.

Bacon and curry sounds like something that could be made to work. Maybe use thicker cut bacon or pork belly
I bet you'd find a way to make it good

The next one I'm gonna try is a kimchee Cornish pasty.

Holy shit, so true, just the addition of a garbage bowl by your work station so you don't have to keep washing your hands when you throw stuff out is a godsend

>cinnamon and curry look pretty similar

Whuh oh, what's the story there?

>boiling some eggs
>forget about them
>like an hour later hear "POP POP POP POP" from the kitchen
>ohfuck.doc
>run to the kitchen to find exploded eggs in a bone dry pot
>mfw

Used a shitty pan for making French toast without realizing how shit it was and toast fucking practically glued itself to the pan and ruined the whole damn thing. I used an ample amount of butter spray too

>butter
>spray
What is this wizardry?

well, you know

they might look pretty similar but they taste a little bit different

Butter-flavored oil spray.

Or in other words, shitty garbage that nobody should buy, ever.

>not spraying passersby with a buttery aroma

Could you use it like aftershave to get fat girls?

go to a forest and try it on a bear

Holy shit that could work

eh, not really. A normal oil spray which is rather convenient in use though inferior for actual cooking, especially moist stuff like pancakes.

The butter flavoring is a useless quirk, the butter scent is gone in 10 seconds after spraying, but some idiots will choose this over generic oil spray "because butter" so it sells better. It's no more expensive than common oil sprays, so no harm.

srsly, just get a spritzer bottle and fill it with standard canola oil

You probably use a very salty curry mix, don't you? Sweeter and milder curries work wonders with stronger-tasting ingredients.

interesting thought, I also feel like if they used curry seasonings rather than a mix they could have adjusted it to work

I was making a cheese cake and a I was beating the mixture. I put it on the fastest speed. I went to do a piss and when I came back there were bubbles in it. I sorta shrugged it off, but when I ate it, it was probably the worst chesecske I had ever eaten

Young but not young enough to excuse it

Wanted to make a greek salad, but only had cabbage and no lettuce. Figured they were both leafy and green and that there would be no difference between the two.

Cabbage and lettuce are not interchangable.

Also, learned not to take recipies literally. If a recipie says 'add 8 cups of oil', stop and think of how many people it will feed and the size of pot that would normally be used instead of just putting 8 cups of oil into the pan.