Liberals think this deserves $15/hr

>Liberals think this deserves $15/hr

>he calls people "librals"

pleb

at least you didn't strawman "democrats" as a whole.
shit thread

>Republicunts think a living wage is a luxury
wew lad

It absolutely is

Libshits think someone who cant get a better job than McDonald's deserves a living wage.
Top wew

Why are liberals so stupid

I think minimum wage as is should be abolished, and it should instead be pinned to the cost of living in each area. If you increase minimum wage nationally, you're eliminating jobs providing living wages in cheap areas, but are not solving the issue at all in expensive areas.

Note: this is not the same as "eliminate national minimum wage and let the cities / states handle it". I think the federal regulation should pin the minimum wage to cost of living, and the cities should be required to implement it.

I don't particularly think people "deserve" a living wage but those of you who have jobs, I hope you know it's because of liberals that you have a 40hr work week and 5 day week. Though most people work more than that, if these weren't fought for you'd be working 100 hours a week with no insurance.

>15/hr, barely 30k after taxes
>a living wage
Maybe if you want to live in a storage locker.

Just face it, America will have levels of class separation on par with the middle east in 5-10 years

I lived in a decent one bedroom apartment on less than that. Budget. Don't have kids.

This is actually a great idea. I live in the Midwest and $10/hour is able to keep me alive from month to month, but my brother in California makes $17/hour and is practically homeless.
America is a fucked up country.
>Liberals are the reason you have to work so much
can you back this up?

>Budget
>Don't have kids

I'm guessing that you are someone who gets sunburn quite easily?

You know why they say good help is hard to find, Ray? Because you get what you pay for. Caspere knew this.

>liberals were behind major labor reforms and forced changes
This is what Democrats actually want their supporters to believe so they have radical credibility with young people.

You think flipping burgers should be a living wage? You have some issues Americans.

Tell us what you do that's so valuable to society.

Liberals also think Muslims and Africans should rape and kill whites, so it's no wonder they think this.

Liberals: "Pay us our arbitrarily high salaries, our cushy benefit packages, our Unsustainable pensions, OR ELSE we will strike!!!"

Jeff Bezos: "lolololololololololololololoollololol"

> :middlefinger:

Why shouldn't it be? Tell me.

I stuck things up my butt

I've only had one job that paid minimum wage and it was a fish processing job. Ever since then, I've gained experiences in fast food joints, retail and now ups. And you know what? Even if those past jobs didn't have any similarities, I still put them down as experiences and am continuing to get paid more.
Surely better than contributing to the rampant obesity here in the states.

>Liberals: "Pay us our arbitrarily high salaries, our cushy benefit packages, our Unsustainable pensions, OR ELSE we will strike!!!"

McDonalds: "llololololololololololololololololo"

> :RonaldMcDonaldMiddleFinger:

It's a low skill low intensity job and should be treated as such. Sorry pumpkin but you don't deserve more than minimum wage (and fuck, most fast food joints do pay more than minimum wage)

"Pay us what we arbitrarily demand or ELSE we will HOLD YOUR BUSINESS AND CUSTOMERS HOSTAGE!!!"

Jeff Bezos: "lololololololololololololoololol"

"Here's my new store."

:middlefinger:

pic very related

Having worked in fast food and as a server, I gotta agree. Yeah the pay sucks and could probably not even be considered a ""living wage,"" but it's food service, not cancer research or rocket science.

Although I agree with the idea of a minimum wage, if people want better income/benefits, they should strive to contribute more than just flipping burgers and dropping fries.

trickle down economy in action, look how the rich create jobs!

It's people who are fucked up. Your idiot brother loves California so much he's willing to be pauper class despite knowing he could move back with you and be low class. That's his choice though, and everyone else's. It's not like the poor can't or don't travel.

What is this picture supposed to be of?

That's industrialization, not trickle down you fat headed idiot.
Do you think people losing their jobs steering lumber down river was due to trickle down economics too, or do you just blissfully ignore every automation achievement?

Looks like an automated warehouse to me

>tow thumb

gtfo, freak

Why shouldn't it be? It provides an in demand constantly needed service.

DELETE THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's more about keeping the economy afloat than whether or not it's deserved.

This.
My sister dual majored in Journalism and Spanish, and knowing full well her career choice was going to be a very low paying one she moved to SF.
Now she works at Payless 40 hours a week just to cover rent and has to do Uber driving to feed herself. Not because Payless and Uber pay shit, but because that region is so heinously expensive you'd be an idiot to choose to live there without a well paying career in place

I don't try to go live in Orange fucking County with a $12/hr tech support job

That teenagers can do. Are you saying you're so unskilled and lazy that a grown adult should be doing a job teens do? Smdhtbqhwypham

you need a couple dollars today to keep alive caloricaly. Everything else is completely arbitrary and fleeting. What we consider luxuries today will be "essential" tomorrow just like how a/c, television, computers, phones and cars were considered yesterday.

>this is what democrats want people to believe

Since it's true. The republican controlled state legislatures have done their damndest to dismantle labor unions by eliminating the one weapon available to labor to mitigate the predation of the owners: Collective bargaining. They achieved this through "open" shop laws which essentially say companies are free to hire non-union scabs in union shops. Thus, labor gets fucked. Thus labor is disgruntled. Thus, they vote for the very people who fucked them over.

It was sold as a means to keep companies from moving oversees and we see how well that succeeded.

Doesn't matter who can do it, it's something a lot of people want done.

You're sister is not very ambitious, and she's also a moron for choosing where to live where she does with her income.

I'm so sorry user. How long have you been special needs?

Teenagers can do almost any job an adult can do with proper training you flaming autist, it's just that labor laws prevent them from working everywhere in the year of our lord 2k17. Does a cabinet maker deserve minimum wage because kids in shop class can build shit out of wood?

Do you not know that ever since capitalism, establishment parties have tried to fuck over labor unions? It used to be the Democrats who were the most reactionary (theys still are) and the Republicans who were the "party of labor" as quoted by Marx.

The union's have no one to blame for their failure but themselves and their cozying up to the Democratic Party which could give less of a shit about them except for their votes every 2-4 years.

Nice to have dumbass family and friends to visit if you want to check those places out though, right? They even like to waste money impressing us "flyovers" by taking us stupid ass places.

As a flyover, I've come to the conclusion that top rate two-$ yelp restaurants offer a more representative regional cuisine than the most expensive places anyway.

>I don't have an argument, better insult him!
c ya

I should be asking you that if you actually believe you stupid "but teenagers" bit is a solid argument. The only reason you don't see more of them in other places is because of labor laws you fucking idiot.

Except it's not you fucking mongoloid, we have 40 hour work weeks and weekends because of anarchists and communists a century ago, not because of someone quoted on the fucking Occupy Democrats facebook page.

I never said it was democrats. But workers rights are at their core a liberal principle and it doesn't matter whose fighting for them, they're fighting for a liberal value.

Just like when democrats fight for PC language they're fighting for a conservative principle.

w0t?

There are some seriously cold-hearted posters in this thread. Reminds me of the crazy evil guy that always pops up in the dumpster diving threads that likes to put bleach and rat poison on food to murder homeless people. Whelp, have fun in Hell, buddy. I'm out.

Stop trying to apply modern political labels to movements that happened over a century ago so you can co-opt them to look good.

40 hrs a week was bargained for against no limits, so it was mitigatory. As for who did it see

The equivalent to modern liberals back then would have been the same pussyfooting politicians that locked up people Eugene Debs and Bill Haywood. There was nothing that could be construed as "liberal" about the people involved in winning these rights for people.

It's a liberal value. Workers rights are liberal values. No amount of saltiness or crying will change that. Just like hipsters drinking out of Mason jars won't make traditionalism a liberal value.

I don't care if all democrats and green party voters started rallying against workers rights. It won't change their nature. They'll be rallying against liberal values.

no its not
real jobs are skill based, flipping burgers isn't, it never will be
no one will ever go to school for it, no one will ever tailor their resume around it
teenagers are hired because they have no skills

It's not the fact that conservatives want to exterminate 90% of the country that bothers me, it's the fact that they pussy-foot around and pretend they don't.

>Worker's rights are liberal values
Again, you're applying your arbitrary label of liberal to things that were merely co-opted by them out of political pragmatism later on.

Conservatives are literally Hitler I know! This is why you faggots lost the election.

Remember this next time your order gets fucked up.

>real jobs are skill based
>no one will ever go to school for it

Trying to justify that 90k debt lad?

Improvements in working conditions were brought about by protectionist trade unions, who would certainly have been against 'liberal' values that included letting millions if illegal immigrants steal your jobs at half the wage. Daft cunt.

Why do conservatives have such a hard-on for human suffering?

Do they really think that wealth is associated with goodness?