Civilization on Trial, please help me find it kind Veeky Forums

I have googled for about an hour and this seems to be impossible to find out there, just wanted a PDF.

Anyone have it or know how to find PDFs of old, slightly obscure books?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/civilizationontr00toynrich
openlibrary.org/books/OL6030202M/Civilization_on_trial
openlibrary.org/works/OL1108518W/Civilization_on_trial
epubor.com/ineptpdf-pyw.html
my.mixtape.moe/lamlgh.epub
andrewhickey.info/2013/03/24/howto-strip-adobe-drm-in-debian-gnulinux/
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=83688567579120574732
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can borrow it here and screencap every page to create a pdf for yourself.

archive.org/details/civilizationontr00toynrich

openlibrary.org/books/OL6030202M/Civilization_on_trial

Thanks, will do. It's only 263 pages so it's not too bad. I did come across that but had no idea how to get a daisy key.

Fug, is DAISY only available to Americans? How do I scam a key out of them?

I'm not even sure about that daisy key thing. You can open the ebook because it's highlighted. I think you have to make an account on Open Library but it's free and I've used it for many books before.

openlibrary.org/works/OL1108518W/Civilization_on_trial

you need to register an account to borrow it and adobe digital editions to open. it has DRM but it's trivial to break it and then you just return the book and keep the decrypted pdf. i got a ton of books this way.

the tool to break the DRM is this:

epubor.com/ineptpdf-pyw.html

you need to install python and then use the scripts as instructed. just don't fall for some "turbo pdf breaker pro (free toolbars included)", use the python scripts, they are legit.

>screencap every page

jesus christ no just remove the drm it's like five clicks

daisy is some vision impaired thing, you want the regular ebook under the "borrow" column

keep in mind only one person can borrow the book at a time

>remove the drm

To complicated when you can just screencap it and then have your own copy imo. Also if you screencap the book and make an ebook file for yourself you can be the one to liberate this book online by uploading the ebook you made to those free ebook sites or torrent sites.

Yeah, have to join a waiting list if someone checked it out, but usually not that long.

>To complicated when you can just screencap it and then have your own copy imo. Also if you screencap the book and make an ebook file for yourself you can be the one to liberate this book online by uploading the ebook you made to those free ebook sites or torrent sites.

dude removing the drm from the file produces the exact same effect. you point the python scrypt at the adobe encrypted file and it spits out a regular unprotected pdf you can keep, share and do anything you want with. it's exactly the same except it takes five seconds instead of pressing print screen five hundred times like an idiot.

OP here, what a massive fuck-around for one book, mostly caused by running Linux instead of Windows and therefore needing to run Adobe Digital Editions through Wine which does not work too great.
I almost felt like asking a Windows user if they wouldn't mind getting the pdf/epub for me so I could crack the DRM myself.

Got the DRM-ed PDF finally, gonna put this one out there once I've cracked the goddamn DRM so no one else has to go through this Adobe Digital Editions cuntshit ever again.

Entering it into Calibre while the de-DRM module installed does it automatically btw

You mean I need to install the ineptpdf thing in Calibre? I'm a bit lost, could you explain what I install where? Is there a different de-DRM module?

It was painful enough installing Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 in Linux

I have installed pycrypto in Python but the ineptpdf script looks broken in Python3

Fuck it, I can't take any more. I found a page that says I need to run a separate version of Python *inside* WINE because that fucking script uses some Winshit libs.

JUST

Done it, bitches
enjoy

my.mixtape.moe/lamlgh.epub

Just the de-DRM module itself is enough. You don't have to do anything other than "record" the book in Calibre for it to remove the DRM.
If for some reason Wine interferes (don't see why it should) someone else can do it for you, just don't upload the DRM version on a public link

The whole thing where you use the adeptkey.der file got a bit convoluted so I just used the method from here andrewhickey.info/2013/03/24/howto-strip-adobe-drm-in-debian-gnulinux/

I think you do need it even for that de-drm module you mentioned. I'll look into it closer if I ever have to do this again, which I hope I fucking don't.

Well nevermind
Also I was going to say you might prefer the PDF version but looking at it it seems the OCR on this one isn't too bad. Don't be surprised if some characters are fucked here and there.

I think I would have liked the PDF version also, but for now the epub is enough.
Feel free to do it for the sake of advancement, user, you'll probably get it done way faster than I did for my noob attempt, I guess you already have all that shit set up.

I don't, since I haven't had to resort to this for years now. Otherwise it'd be instant, yes

Ah crap. If any helpful user is reading this and has Windows, please upload the PDF version if you can (you'll have to crack the DRM but it's far easier on Windows than Linux, ironically). It looks like one of those early 20th century books, quaint and somewhat ancient.

here you go

s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=83688567579120574732

Ah thanks user, that was truly awesome of you.

Is anyone here willing to help me find Ultimate Questions by Nils Ch Rauhut?