So I'm 6 feet tall and 240 pounds and I'm thinking about fasting...

So I'm 6 feet tall and 240 pounds and I'm thinking about fasting. Can my body last on fat and shit or will I run into serious problems?

Shit I got trips

What's your BMI? You ottermode or a fat fuck?
>nice get

No because fasting is a terrible way to lose weight, wrecks your health, and you most always gain it all back after you end fasting.

Count your calories and serving sizes and do regular exercising.

If you do under 2000 cals then you are generally going to lose weight, just ditch soda and sweet drinks

I'm 6foot and 200 is that really bad?

I'm pretty chunky but I have some muscle. Too retarded to do the math for a BMI.

I don't drink soda or eat sweets. I excersize about an hour a day.

40 pounds makes a lot of difference.

Don't fast like the other user said, just eat better or less, mainly less
>work out an hour a day
You're going to have to switch it up, and I think at this point you're probably going to have to get better workout tips because it sounds like you're plateauing

Then you aren't counting calories or serving sizes properly. What does your "exercise an hour a day" include

Oh and quit drinking alcohol if you haven't already

100 pushups, squats, crunches and then running for about 15 minutes.

Drink maybe once a month

Stop

You aren't dieting right then, fasting will only hurt you more. Cut your calories and monitor your diet

Well, yes and no.
Intermittent fasting (fasting 2 days a week, separated by several days) is actually pretty good for you. But fasting doesn't mean having nothing but water (you should still drink fresh vegetable juices during those days).
Continuous fasting IS bad for you. A lot of people end up with low electrolytes and water poisoning from doing that, plus it sends your body into starvation mode, which slows your metabolism.
I'd say to eat clean (fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, seeds, chicken, and clean oils like extra virgin olive oil, virgin coconut oil, cold pressed sunflower oil, etc.), don't drink anything but water, unsweetened tea, and the occasional 100% juice like cranberry or apple (stay away from grape juice, it's too high in sugar), and exercise, exercise, exercise, even if it's just walking (10,000 steps a day walking will give you between 5-6 miles depending on your stride and burn around 1000 calories). And if you want to do any fasting, make sure it's not more than 2 days (not in a row) a week and drink fresh vegetable juices 3-4 times a day on those days. Also, include a cheat meal at least every two weeks. The intermittent fasting, plus the cheat meal helps keep your body guessing which helps keep your metabolism up. Weight training helps with that too, since muscle burns more calories than fat.

...wasting time you could be using to prep the bull.

fast all day until like 9pm then eat half a pizza and a protein shake

Is this just jogging or actual running? Outside or on a treadmill? 15 minutes just isn't gonna do that much good for burning fat especially if it's just jogging. 30+ to an hour or more is when you get any real benefit out of walking or jogging or the like.

The rest of your routine is just warmup type stuff. You can do more. Basically everything you're doing is a good way to stay active, but a bad way to lose weight.

If you can't go at a harder intensity, go longer. If monotony is the issue, take a different route, swim laps, or play basketball (even just shooting around). Get a bike if you have a knee issue or something that prevents you from jogging/running more.

If you're in college, or live in an apartment complex that offers one, you might have free access to a weight room. Get some real weight training in.

Go to Veeky Forums and read the sticky.

As for fasting, it's good for up to about 40-48 hours, but then youll get lethargic and basically just feel like shit plus your metabolism will drop. And if you can't control yourself, you'll just gorge like crazy and eat 8000 calories anyway.

OP here. Think I will try to cut some of the fatter meats out of my diet like beef and do more running and shit. Maybe fast for a day a week and drink fruit juice like one user suggested. I just hate how horribly slow it seems losing weight is.

I'm curious, how does it wreck your health?

And what causes the weight rto come back?

I've been intermittent fasting for a while now and it's been great. At the end of the day I break the fast by eating a large meal, which is nice because I'm usually plenty full and still haven't eaten a days worth of calories.

You aren't getting the vitamins and minerals you need for daily functions. It's more harm than good and you generally don't overall lose anything long term.

Fasting for a day or two isn't as bad, but you still may unknowingly eat back all your calories

I'm 6' and roughly 160. Still a bit of fat around the middle, but it's going away slowly. I hope.