Can you be a serious ethician these days without being vegan?

Can you be a serious ethician these days without being vegan?

I feel like my positions aren't taken seriously by my peers since I literally delegate torture and murder for my pleasure with no practical benefit except pleasure, even to the detriment of my own health.

There are only two ethical paths- give everything you own away to those who need it most, so that you are just barely surviving, while constantly working as much as possible to give to others, or if you think you are capable, then become as rich/powerful as possible and then do the same thing

Nothing else is ethical when there is the amount of suffering in the world that there is

Lol wtf u think there is a livable middle ground?

Fukkin' dumb. Ethics are black and white. Meat eating faggot.

Just find the substitutes that taste enough like meat and go ham (heh) on the veggies, loser

The most ethical thing you can do is to commit suicide so you're no longer a burden on the planet

>delegate torture
>no practical benefit except pleasure

Why do you shitpost?

I don't understand why people think eating animals is torture. My family raises cows and they live good for 99% of their life in the pastures then are killed painlessly and instantly.
If we didn't raise cows to eat they would go extinct btw.

>animals do not possess a rational soul and can no more be equated to ethical qualifications of murder than plants or insects

>everything is a product of death and rebirth and the only evil is to attempt to subvert the cycle

>since the nitrogen cycle is critical to the continual fertility of soil, you are as culpable for the deaths of animals when you eat fruits of vegetables as you are of meat

>>everything is a product of death and rebirth and the only evil is to attempt to subvert the cycle

>since the nitrogen cycle is critical to the continual fertility of soil, you are as culpable for the deaths of animals when you eat fruits of vegetables as you are of meat

so you're saying you're fucked either way?

>I feel like my positions aren't taken seriously by my peers since I literally delegate torture and murder for my pleasure with no practical benefit except pleasure, even to the detriment of my own health.
Try eating your peers. They sound well seasoned and many people will take you seriously afterward.

that's cute and all but it's not how meat is produced commercially

>but it's not how meat is produced commercially
are you suggesting user's family is just being nice to the cows and killing them for fun and you're okay with that because at least nobody's eating them? wtf?

If you eat plants or animals, yes.
Unless you can photosynthesize or draw minerals and vitamins directly from the earth itself, yes, you are screwed either way.

Yes it is.

10/10 wittier than the average shitposter

that's literally what meat consumption is

Only a tiny amount of it. It's mostly indoors soyfed shitfarms of torture and cancer.

I'm saying that with current levels of meat consumption there wouldn't be enough land for all the livestock to graze if that was the norm. Whether I think it's OK is irrelevant, it's just not the case that a significant amount of livestock is raised on a small scale like that.

>destroying life is destroying life so you might as well torture toddlers to death as eat radishes

>rational soul
>rational
>soul

>subverting cycles is evil because I say so

we're sorry you're american too esp if you're brazillian, that is a burden

>infantile understanding of naturalist argument

No wonder you have an affinity for toddlers

I don't get it

>not being edgy is childish

Brazilians really are world killing savages.

They should be nuked first.

>Can you be a serious ethician

No. Realism is make-believe for cowards who are afraid to face the truth.

>basic language comprehension is for non-children

Wait.

>that false dichotomy

Be a consequentialist and invoke tragedy of the commons.

>he thinks killing is not ethically justifiable

Why does the planet have intrinsic value, but a human life doesn't? If your interest is relieving the planet of suffering due to the effects of human civilization or the inevitable destruction of life necessary for life itself, then that same suicidal logic should call for the extermination of all life human or otherwise, because suffering is inherent to nature and destroying human civilization won't cure that.

i'm a vegan and i get shit on all the time for it - and no, i don't announce it like meat-eaters claim vegans always do in an annoying way

it usually comes up when someone offers me meat or i'm at a restaurant or public setting with food and have to decline meat or ask for another option and only at that time explain i'm vegetarian - and further have to state that i don't eat dairy either if offered something with cheese or something

people always ask why and i don't really want to explain all the time, i usually lie about my reasons or try to reassure them that i am not a militant one

Why vegan rather than vegetarian?

My personal choice is that I do not eat pig or cow. I do eat chicken however, since I do not respect the chicken as an organism.

>Can you be a serious ethician these days without being vegan?
It's absolutely necessary not to be one, unless you proposed a premise to your own thought that you are an idiot.
>I feel like my positions aren't taken seriously by my peers since I literally delegate torture and murder for my pleasure with no practical benefit except pleasure, even to the detriment of my own health.
Animals are non-ethical entities and there is no reason why one should give a fuck about your appeal to emotion.
MacIntyre is a bloody genius, to recognize the way modern ethics is so arbitrary, to the point that it can in its entirety be reduced to muh feels.

still eating dead, decaying flesh of a living creature
>mfw people that eat fish consider themselves vegetarian