If Veeky Forums were to vote, who would it be for and why?

If Veeky Forums were to vote, who would it be for and why?

I guess Trump is a bit better, because he's not beholden to special interest $$$ and he's just a meme. Pence would run the country if he's elected. But I couldn't in good faith vote for either of them.

this isn't related to literature, libcuck.

Please, PLEASE fuck off
Everywhere has been inundated with this garbage for over a year because you shitstirrers can't go five seconds without forcing politics into every crevice.

I would vote for neither. Both are awful.

I thought Veeky Forums could offer a nuanced view on the topic.

If you can't handle it, turn off your machine

Trump.

Hilary is basically a vote for universalism. And any libertarian/green/conservative candidates are just retards attempting to make democracy work.

Trump is not ideal, but it's at least reactionary in a way not seen for a long time in an actually electable candidate.
He stands the best chance at putting a foot towards state sovereignty and consolidation of power which is beholden to actual citizenship.

Hilary is the total opposite, nothing is her fault, one of her staff was told to do something, she didn't tell them etc etc etc.

When Trump loses I think this stuff will die down and the troglodytes will slink back to their alt-right safe space containment board.

You are wrong. The alt right has infested this place and they're the same as they are everywhere. The people who could offer a more nuanced view are, you know, discussing Veeky Forums instead.

Politics is the opiate of the people. We talk about things that matter here, the arts.

I like it how both of you have assumed my political views but opposite to each other.

You're right, I guess Veeky Forums isn't really the right place for this discussion on any board.

then bring a book into the conversation. if not, fuck off back to /pol/, shillary.

>shillary
>/pol/

Wat.

the term "Shillary" comes from people shilling for hillary on /pol/. I'm telling her to go back to her shilling, on /pol/, not on Veeky Forums.

I've always kind of tacitly understood Veeky Forums as a board for intellectuals. Anons like this bring me back to earth

I can understand you wanting to discuss certain topics with certain people, but the fact is this is the literature board and this isn't literature.

Umm can we like please talk for once about how both of these pasty white blond blue eyes toilet seat complexion rich bourgeois motherfuckers don't represent the changing face of America?

Can white people just step down already? Your time is over, you lost.

CUCC

I'm voting for Hillary just to piss off all the Trumpfags. I've never voted in an election before, but I've never had such a good reason to.

All the bullshit these people have been wreaking around here for months now, they shouldn't get away with it. Fuck 'em, and fuck their meme.

I'm hoping it still is, but that threads like this act like a magnet for the underage /pol/fags. It also helps underline the importance of /pol/ being a containment board.

Fair point, duly noted.

Trump, but as a protest vote with the secret hope that he might crash the world economy and start WWIII. If he keeps his promises on immigration that would be nice too, but it's unlikely

Clinton is the human embodiment of everything wrong with democracy and American politics and culture, so I'll never vote for her.

Third party candidates don't represent my views or have a viable chance of winning

Good to see you've found a way to support the pure establishment candidate

Ole' Hairy Johnson, cause he seems like the least shit choice

>establishment is always the greater evil
>"Daddy! American politics is just like Star Wars!"

>2016
>thinking the establishment doesn't encompass both the left and the right
>thinking casting a vote means anything other than voting for who you prefer to see on television everyday for four years

you must be new user

Trump means putting religioustards on the supreme court and most likely full economic collapse and the beginning of the end of America.

Case in point, Trump supporters are children

>Trump supporters are annoying
>I post like this

Right.

I read that Marx didn't advocate for any efforts to loosen the bourgeois oppression of the proletariat because he thought that only when things got so bad a true proletariat revolution could occur

Trump is the candidato of bored first worlders who never had problems and want to see the world burn to feel something.
They deserve him if he wins.

>I-I'm not W-Wron-ng c-cause you post-t li-ike a du-du-dumby-y
>"Hee Hee mummy! Come Look! I done showed Him Hoo Hoo!"

Trump had conservative party in a panic trying to stop them.

Hilary has dnc conspire against her only running competition

Yes both parties are established, but the degree is very different.
A vote for trump is a vote for consolidated authority beholden to real votes.
Hilary is nebulous authority, excuses, Teflon slick deflection of responsibility etc.

>beginning of the end of America
I think we've been past that point for some time now user, like maybe 40 or so years past.

Wow this stuttering autist is gonna totally pwn all trump supporters when he votes Hilary

Stronger together :)

Hilary will make memes I don't like gii away

>bourgeois

stopped reading.

I don't think Trump had the Republican Party in a panic. Most of them are now shilling for them, and as for Romney, that could have been a stunt to pain Trump as antiestablishment.

I cannot fathom how his supporters try and pass him off as someone who is not beholden to provate interest groups. He comes from the world of finance, real estate and banking - the people who make politicians corrupt politicians. He is a joint stock corporation as of this moment, with the Republican national convention people (Paul Ryan, Reince Priebus, et al) owning one third, and the remaining two thirds divided up amongst the Mercer family and Koch.

Yes he has real votes, from people who are genuinely voting for him, but contrary to how genuine his supporters may be, he is not his own man, just like Hillary. I just prefer not to hear his fat mouth for the next four years, that's all.

trump

>consolidated authority behind real votes
how can you meme yourself this hard

Since 1912 when all presidential candidates were progressives. It's been going downhill since then.

Clinton, because Karamazov

>Roosevelt and Taft weren't progressives
What did he mean by this?

I was referring to Nixon decoupling the dollar from the gold standard, breaking up the Bretton Woods Agreement, and ushering in the post-Industrial age.

This isn't a very nuanced opinion but I'll give you my thoughts. Correct me if I'm wrong, which is pretty likely because I kind of gave up on popular politics for the time being (separate issue regarding political opinion in America). I can't vote for Trump because I feel like he's not a very good leader and has a track record of irresponsibility and lies, as well as being a shill for Russia. However, the only saving grace for the Don is that I believe he wouldn't really be able to fuck this country because he won't have a Senate that will approve anything he wants (I believe I'm right in saying 2016 will deliver a Democratic-majority Senate, but I don't think Repiblicans would give him much help either).

However, on the other hand, I think Hillary, if elected, would have both the power and the knowledge (and the track record, at that) to absolutely fuck this country.

I guess I identify with being socially moderate to liberal and fiscally/economically conservative. I'm just a shitty college student who has no career and has only held jobs in very liberal areas (related to social services) so take everything I've said with a grain of salt.

I'm open to any criticism or thought on my opinion, because like I said, it's not very well-founded.

I'm going with Trump. He's not blindly going along with the anti-Russian narrative the media is pushing. He's still pro-Israel but it's a start.

trump just to see what happens

Clearly Trump is the more postmodern option

Roosevelt created the progressive party

>and Koch.
The Kochs rejected Trump though, and Charles is voting for Hillary

On any other board, I would automatically assume this is a troll post but on Veeky Forums, I don't know.

>unironically being pro-russian government
I hope you like corruption, economic mismanagement and meme-tier nationalism

Veeky Forums trolls are usually better than other boards

Politics isn't for intellectuals lad.

>I hope you like corruption, economic mismanagement and meme-tier nationalism
No, I greatly disliked Obama's policies, which is why I'm voting for Trump

I won't get into any kind of political discussion here other than to state that your politics as you describe them line up pretty closely with Clinton. Also your avoidance of bluster or arrogance is refreshing.

Clinton. Trump is anti-intellectual, racist, lying egotistical piece of shit.

>wanting an old woman who got cucked as your country's leader

>anti Russian narrative
Possibly the only good reason to vote for him, if he sticks to it. Does he make any hints toward a cooperative effort though?

>nationalism
>Obama
wew

I think I have a big problem with how much of a populist she is, and it makes me very worried about her sincerity on any issue. And yeah, I can claim to know things about literature or philosophy (even though I only know things compared to the average person) or even historical politics, but I can't really claim to know shit about modern politics.

>the beginning of the end of America.
Cultural terrorist Ted Kennedy and his congressional cronies began that in 1965 with their passage of the Hart-Celler Act. This is more like the middle of the end

Gary Johnson

His nationalism was meme-tier, as was described in the original post

Meme-tier =! Non-existent

>racist
Reminder that racism is a healthy and intelligent social behavior

um... did you just say "Illegal Immigrant"?! THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS

It wasn't nonexistent though, it was just really half-assed and awkward, hence its memeness

I don't really care that he says stupid things every once and a while

Much better than actually using it to stir up a base of rednecks and contrarian high schoolers :^)

Also I'd like to say that I'm willing to hear you out on anything you have to tell me. I'll just say a few things if you'd like to point out what you may or may not agree with; I'm pro choice, pro marijuana legalization, I think we should cut military spending, I'm kind of reactionarily racist, and I believe the current push for feminism is only going to make things worse for women. I don't believe in equity and I think socialization of some fields are necessary to break up what has developed as a result of complete laissez-faire policies.

Well the point is that he tried to and failed

I'm voting for myself because it's time America witnesses true power in philosopher kings.

He wants a 2 year period where they could attempt to assimilate, get a job, learn English, etc. If they don't meet the conditions when the period is over they'll be deported. He also wants a 1 strike you're out rule with this. You fuck up in those 2 years=immediate deportation.

The point is that's a good thing

That's a matter of opinion, but we can all agree that it was meme-tier and embarrassing

He's said he will "make a deal with Russia, they don't have to like me, but they'll do business with me" etc

I won't get into matters of agreeing or disagreeing, but these criteria are maybe a bit more complex than what was said before.
So for one, the major and second-tier candidates line up on the political spectrum, left-to-right, like this:
> Jill Stein (Green) -- Hillary Clinton (Democrat) -- Donald Trump (Republican) -- Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
(some might dispute the order of the last two)
Here's how your criteria tend to line up I think:
>I'm pro choice
Clinton, Stein, maybe Johnson
>pro marijuana legalization
Stein or Johnson
>I think we should cut military spending
all but Trump
>I'm kind of reactionarily racist
Trump
>I believe the current push for feminism is only going to make things worse for women. I don't believe in equity
probably Trump
>I think socialization of some fields are necessary to break up what has developed as a result of complete laissez-faire policies
Stein, or Clinton
Apologies if any of this is patronizing. I do encourage you to explore what's important to you and vote

Oh, ok so it's nonexistent then. Like the rest of his platform of terrificness and I meak dealz and all my friends love me, etc. etc. This is good to know going into the final two months.

I'm finna catch me a drain daaaaaa... wwwwwg.

I appreciate the input user. I may or may not be alive by the time the election comes (I'll probably kms if I don't beat colorectal cancer) so we'll see what happens. I like Jill Stein except for the fact that she's an intersectional feminist.

Trump

You're welcome. I wish you the best with such a rough health situation and with life. (Since this is Veeky Forums, I'll put in a plug for you to take a look at Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl if you're so inclined.)

Gary Johnson because he somewhat matches my actual principles (Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative), and because it triggers everyone in both main parties when you say it.

If voting did anything, they would've stopped us from doing it a long time ago
Stein I guess, she's not fantastic but everyone else is a huge neoliberal sack of shit

do you have crohn's or UC?

/thread

Trump is a grotesque idiot, but at least we know it. Hillary is a pathological, warmongering liar. Stein is the only one with a plan to address climate change.

Trump hasn't read a book in the last ten years and has about zero knowledge of the Bible. Don't know why anyone on Veeky Forums would like him from a purely literary viewpoint.

Hillary is an establishment globalist. I don't really like her but a bunch of interesting books about suffering under the tyrannies of globalism are likely to be made if she's elected

>were to vote

proving you're either not here or underage

I prefer "I maek dealz" to "¡Yo soy justo como tu abuela!"

Neither- I don't think I have any form of IBS. I got my gallbladder taken out and part of my liver removed about 6 months ago, and when I went for a checkup my doctor thought something was amiss that wasn't related to my surgery and had me get some tests done.

>troglodytes will slink back to their alt-right safe space containment board.

t. pretentious liberal university student.

Good goy. Conspiracies don't exist. THere's no such thing as the establishment, and neither is there any corruption whatsoever in US politics!

What a stupid reason to vote for someone.

>vote for me because im fresh (read: inexperienced) and totally not just going to screw you over
>i-ignore the mafia dealings, those aren't important

>I believe the current push for feminism is only going to make things worse for women. I don't believe in equity
Am I in bizzaro world right now?

Hillary because there would be more tensions, edge, and angst. Aka: the rise of a super villain

I think that the current push by feminists for inclusion is further infantilizing women in the west. Read Harrison Bergeron for a world of equity.

Hope you make it user. In the unfortunate event that you don't, you can go knowing that all of your posts - shitposts or genuine, insightful or superficial - made hundreds of anons smile and forget about some pain in their lives. You've probably helped hundreds of anons on this site, whether you know it or not, and I hope that you know peace, be it in this world or the next.

Bernie.

I actually want to help America. Failing that I vote for Ron Paul. Writing in Bernie this year.