ITT: Your secret weapon

ITT: Your secret weapon

Hold me back nigga, hold me back.

lel

ancho chili powde/smoked paprika/pan sauces

This. Moar paprika!!

Also capers, fight me faggots

this guy knows. He knows.

Works every time. You don't even need to cook the meat.

i'm gonna destroy this thread in a four part post

>Exhibit A

>exhibit B

>exhibit C

i'm convinced that this specific brand of "finishing", as opposed to your casual workhorse, sherry vinegar is the best in the world.. it's a literal flavor cheatcode in the same way that butter and salt are.

>exhibit D

maple syrup crushes it and is the most versatile sweetener ever IMO..

these are the four most versatile ingredients for manipulating 4/5 of the basic tastes you can play with when cooking.. obviously if your fundamental dish is garbage it will never taste good, but by tweaking these four things you can make almost anything taste good.

i feel like "bitter" doesn't get a flavor cheat code because "bitter" is the flavor you're always trying to compensate for. like, it's essential in a flavor profile but you rarely ever taste something and think "man, this is good, but it could be a little more bitter".

My nigga

This and fish sauce/soy sauce

I put this shit on my veggies and nearly all meats

That is great faggot. Now, if you only told me why they are great, I just might buy them.

Miso paste. I add it to a lot of savory recipes as a partial salt replacement. It adds a nice savory/cheesy quality to a lot of things like light-colored gravy, bechamel, and other sauces, mashed potato, marinades, soups other than miso soup, etc.

>from software secret

I ate an 18 oz jar in about a week and a half, put it on everything

Is this what made Bloodborne so tasty?