Pynchon is for people who force themselves through shit in an attempt to convince themselves they are smarter than...

Pynchon is for people who force themselves through shit in an attempt to convince themselves they are smarter than others.

moshi moshi bait desu

The never changing fanbase reaction says it all. Ironic "bait" responses that does nothing but prove my point in what kind of people would claim to like him.

sleep tight dubs pizza

nice ad hominem, you've now proved my point. I sure love logic.

I'm so sick of irony and surface level rebutalls. Nowadays everyone is contempt with spouting something witty that establishes that yes they are smart without actually saying anything meaningful in the process. Its so dishonest

Sleep tight, Pizza

sleep tight, pizza

Sleep tight, Pizza

Which works didn't you like OP?

If you start with Crying (which I'm assuming you've read cause of the pic) I think it is pretty hard to argue that it is a difficult book, and there are scenes that are great/well written (for example the movie/stripping/sex scene with the hairspray, or the freakout at Dr. Hilarious' office). These two scenes are examples of what Pinecone can do, and in his larger more complex (what you call confusing) novels there are more and more of these type of unique scenes/good writing. That's what I like about our boy

Crying and inherent vice. So full of themselves I can't bear to give him another chance. Hes perfect (namely /b/) for Veeky Forums in how his work is full of statements but no actual valuable creativity. "You don't just don't get it, but I do."

I'm currently reading this. I don't understand why you call it shit when I'm actually having fun reading it, particularly the writing style and characters is what I'm enjoying.

I think your outlook may be the way it is because of the two books you chose to use as a litmus test for Pynchon, user.

Crying is usually suggested to read first because of it's length and relative lack of narrative complexity. Did you like the prose style employed? What did you think of the two specific scenes I named? If you liked either the style or those scenes you would probably derive lots of fun from GR.

And as to IV, imo it is his worst work, about equal with Vineland. I didn't like it either but still love Pynchon

you don't even remember lakun bitch

back to /sffg/

sleep tight, roll pizza

Pynchons my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister, that card. "Did that Pynch?" he says, laughing yukyukyukyuk. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look handsome???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and appears again hauling a huge golden gong.

I don't know if you've seen him but he does not need to wear gag teeth. Ugly little bitch.

sleep tight, pizza

i think i saw him today in pennsylvania

This is my favourite pasta

This one gets me every time.

Sleep tight, Pizza

Sleep tight, Pizza

Sleep tight, pizza

haha you envious retard pynchon is baby mode i'm sorry you project your insecurity

Sleep tight, Pizza

it's not even that hard to read though??

Sleep tight, Pizza

Your post perfectly encapsulates what Veeky Forums has always been about.

sleep tight, pizza

this is why this thread has so many replies
>Sleep tight, Pizza

just because you didn't enjoy it doesn't mean you gotta lash out as if everyone else is the same, that's really insecure desu

Lot 49 was great. Vineland was good. V was his short story dumping ground and it was great.

Everything else was overwritten lolsorandumb
trash

>he can't handle a book over 400 pages

hello reddìt!

Sleep tight, Pizza

I read it in one day and it was pretty awesome desu.
>when Oedipa wanders through the city at night and finds the Mexican dude and the old guy
Maximum comfy it was sweet

Kek

Nah everyone in pa looks like that

I never understand people who say this stuff. His books are full of jokes and always follow some wild plot. I could understand not wanting to dig in real deep, but even on the surface level his stuff is great.

His stuff just has a great vibe to it and then if you feel like reading into it more, there's lots of stuff there.

Sleep tight, Pizza

A lot of stupid people who are insecure about their intelligence assume everybody else is too.

Sleep tight, Pizza

Sleep tight, pizza

Sleep tight, Pizza

Sleep tight, Pizza

Not that guy, but my copy of V. is 560 pages

Sleep tight, Pizza