Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future
youtu.be/7C4SgMhavPU
youtube.com/watch?v=bf4x36XKhsM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

weather

segregation if you have money

That's every city to be honest family.

who knows LA fucking sucks it doesnt even have a decent public transportation system- fuck having to drive everywhere

but compared to sf its like 10x cheaper and way bigger

What's the point of living?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future

nothing

You should try 'go style living.

>living in any major city

If I took you thugs in the woods you'd piss yourselves.

Jobs usually.
I personally hate it. I can't stand driving an hour to get anywhere. Things all feel feel run down down in LA too
>Drive from north la to fontana for work
>Takes 3 fucking hours

LA is seductive. The weather is nearly perfect most of the time. The lifestyle is pretty laid back. You can actually make a living in a creative field. The fine dining scene might be a little paltry, but there's plenty of good stuff to eat. The fast food is better than most places, and the choices for immigrant food are pretty good: Armenian, Greek, Thai, Viet, Korean, Japanese, Mexican... And if you cook groceries are pretty cheap, especially fresh vegetables in season year round.

The only downsides are the crime, the need for a car in a major city (really only Los Feliz and Silver Lake are walkable neighborhoods) and the annoying image consciousness that comes from a town the grew up around the film industry. It really isn't the place to be if you're not somehow involved in the film/TV industries. Also there's the isolation from the rest of the world caused by time zone. Your business day begins when Europe's is ending and New York is going to lunch. You are for all practical purposes almost a day out of synch with the rest of the western world. That makes the place feel a bit insular and isolated.

you hate yourself but not enough to kill yourself

>nice weather
>diverse population
>laid back west coast attitude
>some areas are relatively affordable
>tons of nightlife activities

>diverse

>diverse population
>west coast attitude
I think OP wanted good things about LA

Quads says it loudly though

top zozzle

>diverse
>half the population is mexican
Kek

Diversity is a good thing when it comes to food. For all some folks might not like living side by side with people who look different than they do and have different beliefs and (gasp) speak other languages this cosmopolitan stuff is exactly what makes a place great for food. Lots of people from other places bringing the best of their food cultures with them results in great things to eat. And usually for cheap, because the average immigrant isn't all that wealthy. Without the immigrants the LA food scene would just be sandwiches, burritos, salads and a few celebrity chef restaurants.

Sitting in traffic

This is a well thought out post.
Bravo from someone who's moved back and forth New York to Cali most of my life

yikes-ing at your pic
i've been to la twice, maybe three times when i was a kid to visit my aunt and all i could remember was heat and not being able to breath cause of smog
like, i got a burn from leaving a pepsi in our car type of heat

shit , breathe
i hate it when people make that typo and i'm not gonna let myself slide
saged though for courtesy
does anyone say that anymore?
or is that just old /b/?

youtu.be/7C4SgMhavPU

I've lived in LA and NYC as well, and while LA almost seduced me every time I go when I get off the plane in NYC I have a major "what was I thinking?!" moment. Even though I unironically love LA I've never managed to live there for more than six months. Now that NYC has good Mexican food as well it's really a matter of whether or not you can handle the winter and the small apartments vs the traffic and being out of synch with the other relevant parts of the world. For me the needle lands in NYC because I also like drinking wine, and Cali wine is too expensive for the good stuff, whereas in NYC acceptable French, Italian and Spanish wines can be shipped here affordably. Also if you really know the lay of the land NYC restaurants are better. LA has great food but the overall standards are lower.

To live and die in LA
>wee ooh wee ooh wee ooooh

The satisfaction of living in the most anonymous coastal city in the world

When people name great cities LA does not make the list.

>complaining about timezones
bitch, i live in honolulu

LA is a shit town filled with sitty, psychotic people. Seriously, you might fall in love with it if you visit but try living there, and if you're not a dumbass SJW you're going to have a miserable time living there. I fucking hate New York and I'll take NYC over LA any day.

foodwise?

>burritos and classic mexican
>KBBQ
>big pockets of vietnamese/thai/armenian/leb populations

other reasons
>beaches
>mountains
>Mediterranean climate
>close to agricultre (suck my dick haters this is a record snowpack year for our resevores)
>big booty bitches
>it actually is cheaper than NY or SF
obviously you gotta deal with limousine liberals and yuppies

I inherited 8 houses in L.A 5 of which in pasadena 3 in Eagle Rock back in 2000. I bought a 24 unit apartment complex back in 2009 in the hollywood area.

My filipina wife needs filipino companionship or she will be depressed. La has a pretty good community great weather and OK food is why i stay.

If youre that rich then why did you marry a Filipino tranny?

that's pretty much how i feel about it. thanks.

This.
>omg I visited LA and almost fell in love with it omg it seduced me
Are you a teenage girl? I can't imagine how braindead you have to be to fall in love with this garbage city. I really don't understand the appeal of traffic, minorities, hobos, and trash everywhere. 80% of the city is non-white. Just move to Somalia at that point.

>Also there's the isolation from the rest of the world caused by time zone
What the fuck
And the crime isn't that bad for a city of that size.

There is no point. Go 800 miles northward.

someone said it takes 3 years to make it bearable to live there.. kek sounds like a great place

Yeah, but the memers like pretending that diversity is something terrible and awful.

Yes it is. Read Putnam's Bowling Alone.

I hear more people name LA than Boston

Everything in LA feels grandiose and fake. The whole region was built on the premise of erecting a monumental city in testament to the daring courage of man to provoke nature, but all we've done is import a bunch of stolen water and create a fucking city in the desert. The weather is a perpetual state of sunshine. It's always sunny, but for some reason that just seems to depress me even more. There is no variation or change in weather. It goes from one violent extreme to the next. And the people, my god. They aren't bad people, so to speak, but everybody just seems like they're lying to everyone else.

>diverse population
>ever a good thing
Fuck off, Trudeau

If you have to interact with New York you have the window between 11AM and 2PM to do so. Miss that and you're a day out of synch.
There are plenty of folks who prefer to live among people who look like them, especially if they're white. This makes sense if only because the affluent neighborhoods with the good schools and services have traditionally been WASPy as fuck in this country. And the ghettos have been black and Latino for the most part. But having lived in both some of the most expensive zip codes in the country and a couple straight up immigrant neighborhoods I'll take the latter. Cost of living is lower, the food is more interesting and varied and I don't find immigrants threatening. Really the only downside is that my ideal of beauty is upper middle class white girls, and there aren't too many of them walking around here. But I'm married, so I don't really need the temptation of neighbors' bored hot wives/daughters anyways.
>Everything in LA feels grandiose and fake
>everybody just seems like they're lying to everyone else.
That's what happens when a city is largely built on the film industry. Every place starts to resemble a movie set, and the people all act like actors. It's a great place to be if you're in that industry, but if you aren't the list of compelling reasons to be there is pretty short.

probably not the food. young people don't eat out here as much as i think other people do in other cities from what i've seen here on Veeky Forums. i've had some good pho, vegan, korean, thai, and ethiopian, though. parking can be stressful if you're going out. it's best to walk to a place from a friend's house with them, but it's mainly going to be mexican food or making dinner at home from my experience.
why does pasadena have SO many filipinos? it's insane.

To Live and Die in LA

youtube.com/watch?v=bf4x36XKhsM