Craving indian food, it's been almost 2 years since i had any

>craving indian food, it's been almost 2 years since i had any
>go to local indian restaurant
>order lamb biryani
>$13.00 for a carton of mostly rice and some chunks of lamb
>mfw
>could've gotten twice as much from the nearby chinese takeout

i honestly can't remember, is indian food supposed to be this expensive?

Other urls found in this thread:

yelp.com/biz/royal-tandoor-santa-clarita?utm_source=ashare&utm_campaign=direct_share&ref=yelp-android
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, those retarded indians are just getting fucking greedier.

Where I am, the Chinese owned restaurants and takeaway are absolutely destroying them because they actually know how to run businesses.

Seeing this, what do the indians do? Raise prices and cut portions again. They're like the Games Workshop of cuisine.

how the hell do they stay in business though?

i live in a college town and most students here can't afford a $13.00 carton of indian food, when you can get twice as much chinese food or even a large pizza pie.

>how the hell do they stay in business though?

Sell more land back in India for cash

>how the hell do they stay in business though?

Because in the Anglo sphere indian food is a meme just like Nandos.

I dunno about you but when my family goes out the conversation typically centers around what type of ethnic food we will be eating that day, and so even though the Thai place is garbage we still go there from time to time for "variety" and so my uncle can feel like a badass for eating "5-spicy" curry which is bland as shit

Fuck Wisconsin

>Decide to go out to eat with four friends
>one of them suggests a local Ethiopian place
>order a meat combo and vegetable combo for the table
>Get multiple kinds of wat, kitfo, and tibs atop a large injera
>feed 5 people for about $30

Why are Ethiopians so good at running restaurants?

They think overeating is a status symbol. If you are rich enough to eat, you must eat too much.

I went to a local Indian place, and I walk in just as a guy was complaining about how he got practically nothing for $45. I guess it was $20 for a tiny container of mostly rice and a little bit of butter chicken, one chicken drum and thigh was another $20, and two orders of naan bread was $5, and each order was only half a little naan. I just left...

I know what you mean. I sometimes go for some south Indian curry at a local place in town and it's like 15 bucks. I don't know how they can get away with this highway robbery.

I visited Japan and they had the best fucking Indian food I have ever eaten. The Indians there are top tier. Amazing prices huge portions.
Back here in the states they want 9 dollars for a tiny bowl of greasy meat in tomato sauce plus 4 dollars for a small naan. Fuck Indians here.

Bruh, best indian food indisputably is in Britain. This is pretty much confirmed.

A la carte Indian is a scam. The lunch buffets are trill AF. Local place by me has an 8.99 buffet including unlimited plain or garlic naan

If you're in SoCal and want to check out the place I'm talking about

Royal Tandoor

yelp.com/biz/royal-tandoor-santa-clarita?utm_source=ashare&utm_campaign=direct_share&ref=yelp-android

I think it's based on where you live. In downtown Atlanta there was only one place that had good Indian food and it would be $18-$20 at best per person. But in Gwinnett where there's like 20-30 Indian places within a two mile radius, a meal is $8 and twice the portion and quality.

Indian buffets are actually pretty good. Not like a Chinese buffet where they try and put out as much different shit possible, usually just 3-4 curries and various sides and rice/naan.

Ethiopians are good people. Somalian on the other hand...

Yeah in my experience if you want Indian food you can make it at home (inexpensive), go to a buffet (inexpensive), or spend a lot of money on just one entree that isn't even a big portion.

Nobody asked for Wisconsins opinion on Indian/Thai food.

Sorry.

The only Indian place near me starts entrees at ~ $13 too. So I guess so.

The p[[portions aren't small but they aren't $13 either. Fucking good though. Even the plain rice.

An Indian place down the street has a buffet with 4 meat dishes, 4 vegetarian dishes, rice/sides, plus complementary mango lassi and chai. All that for $10, meanwhile ordering off the menu starts at $13 for main dishes.

yo I live by Royal Tandoor too but I've never checked it out

There are a ton of Indians in Madison. Don't think I would trust Indian food to taste like anything outside of there