"Thomas Pynchon looks exactly like Thomas Pynchon should look," said Rushdie. "He is tall...

>"Thomas Pynchon looks exactly like Thomas Pynchon should look," said Rushdie. "He is tall, he wears lumberjack shirts and blue jeans. He has Albert Einstein white hair and Bugs Bunny front teeth."

>The evening "started a little stiltedly", he added, "and then he relaxed and became very chatty and there was a moment when it was 3am and my eyes were dropping when he said, 'I guess you guys are getting a little tired, huh?' And I was thinking, 'Yes! But it's Thomas Pynchon, so wake up!' And when this long, affable evening came to an end I thought now we are sort of friends, and every so often we will see each other. And he never called again, from that day to this."

:(

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-was-it-like-to-meet-Thomas-Pynchon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>dat smug face

gee, wonder why he never called again

>tfw pinecone-senpai won't noticeyou

;_;

i´d call a fatwa on him!

> tfw Delillo and Pynchon are bros

Yeah, exactly. If I was Thomas Pynchon (which, let me assure you, I am not), I'd be a little bummed out about his unhinged smugness.

His smugness is so infuriating.

I think he is just Semitic.

Pinecone has an amazing radar for pseuds?

a semetic pseud.
I think this is a very dangerous thing and should be addressed.

yeah if his attitude matches that face then there is no way i'd want to hang out with him either. its the face i imagine everyone on Veeky Forums having
>Oh, you haven't read it in its original language? Well then you really didn't read it, did you?

Now you're making me wish I had his face

I wouldn't call a fatwa on this tbqh

No, I think Pinecone legitimately doesn't like literary people or any of the meta-discourse surronding literature. He's just a reader and a writer who spends the rest of his time on the things normal people do, on his family, friends, masturbating, smoking weed, watching movies, whatever.

>Our most distinguished living writer of narrative fiction—I don’t think you would quite call him a novelist—is Thomas Pynchon, and yet that recent book Vineland was a total disaster. In fact, I cannot think of a comparable disaster in modern American fiction. To have written the great story of Byron the lightbulb in Gravity’s Rainbow, to have written The Crying of Lot 49 and then to give us this piece of sheer ineptitude, this hopelessly hollow book that I read through in amazement and disbelief, and which has not got in it a redeeming sentence, hardly a redeeming phrase, is immensely disheartening.

Wtf I hate Pynchon now

desu I agree with Leopoldo-kun, until the Vineland part that is since I haven't read that

Gee I wonder what he has to say about Mason & Dixon YEAH THOUGHT SO

Someone doesn't like their cereal with nesquick. A member of ultra pleb town it seems.

Yeah, I like to think that as well.

>Thomas Pynchon, who was acquainted with Fariña while they attended Cornell University together, later dedicated his book Gravity's Rainbow (1973) to him and described Fariña's novel as "coming on like the Hallelujah Chorus done by 200 kazoo players with perfect pitch... hilarious, chilling, sexy, profound, maniacal, beautiful and outrageous all at the same time,"

Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister

He loves it, thinks it's Pynchon's best.

Why are all great novelists tall

shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup

t. manlet

quora.com/What-was-it-like-to-meet-Thomas-Pynchon
Erik Ketzan, Co-architect, Pynchonwiki.com
An old acquaintance of mine met him a couple times.

This person described him as just really nice, amiable and funny.

Thomas Pynchon would know the difference between was and were

Pynchon here. Rushdie's a swell guy, gang. I'm behind the eight ball here, but the weirdo is on my wavelength, y'know? Just one groove's difference and we're dancin' to different songs, but dancin' nonetheless. Oakley Hall on the other hand. We wuz kickin' soil along the sandy loams back in 2006 sendin' buckshots at quail on the pitch of Caldwell's Upper. Good times. Good meat. P. out.

Little does Rushdie know that Pynchon is a Shite Iranian, and wasn't aware of the Ayatollah's fatwa until after meeting him

i love Vineland and think it's a perfect follow-up to GR

GR, Vineland and Mason & Dixon are his best

hi kevin

only proves bloom is a shit critic

So in other words you agree with him that America's most distinguished living writer of narrative fiction is the Pinecone? You're missing the whole point of that passage, little guy.

What, in particular, is so good about the Byron the Lightbulb bit in GR?

For some reason, I feel this is exactly what Pynchon speaks like now.

it's a really crazy but famous passage from GR that kind of summarizes his main theme