What is the scientific explanation for the fact that I feel like almost all the other people are just simple NPCs...

What is the scientific explanation for the fact that I feel like almost all the other people are just simple NPCs? Am I some sort of psycho or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shit, he knows.

I don't know what kind of dumb thought process leads to this idea, but rest assured many people have it.
You're just incapable of understanding a third point of view.

>Am I some sort of psycho or what?

Yes.

'tism

Because you are very special OP.
God bless you.

sounds like early signs of schizophrenia or hopefully just derealization.

dead serious, try lsd.

It was the first time in my life I was able to view my life the way other people saw it, and to understand other people's lives with the same depth as my own.

It's helped me to repair a lot of relationships with people and has lead to a lot of good for me.

how did you get your lsd?

Strange, because LSD for me triggered derealization for me.

At the same time, OP should be aware that for many many people, lsd does shit all.

buy 1p-lsd from canada!

You mean literally doesn't work?

I know there's a lot of bad acid floating around, but I've never heard of anybody with a genetic immunity to acid.

I know a lot of people also take it for fun, and keep themselves from going through the whole experience. Its not a party drug or a "fun" drug. You take it, sit down, and give yourself a couple hours to think and open yourself up.

pyschonaught friend.

same here. It can work both ways, so you better not take it if you're not able to get out of a psychological pit. All in all tough, I still have to recommend it, it's pretty fucking awesome and just lets you experience things from different perspectives you didn't even know existed.

Try to GTA NPC me and I'll NPC you.

no sorry i mean alot of people dont get life changing/helpful experiences (probably majority).

im not sure you can have a genetic immunity to acid.

As I was saying. To have that kind of experience, you either have to take such a shitload that it literally forces itself onto you, or you have to be open to it from the start, have the right setting, and even then, no guarantees.

Not saying its a wonder drug, but it has its uses and possibilities.

(wake up)

Because you assume that other people are conscious just becausr you are polite, but in fact, you can't know for sure.

you might have schizophrenia

I have the same thing, sometimes it feels that this reality is generated by my own subconscious, and that nothing is really real in the strict sense.
I try to play along and convince myself that I'm not the only consciousness.
Hopefully solipsism won't consume me and I'll snap out of it.
Any tips?

I kind of know that feel.
Not see people as NPCs, but I tend to forget that other people have thoughts and feelings too.

That's actually why Adam Lanza shot up that elementary school. He concluded that solipsism was correct and to prove that it didn't actually matter he did the worst thing he could conjure up to see how he felt afterwards.

>TFW STILL CANNOT DEFINE CONSCIOUSNESS
>TFW YOU CAN ONLY DEFINE EXISTENCE THROUGH YOUR OWN PERSONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
>TFW DEFINITION OF EXISTENCE IS INCOMPLETE AND IS IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT EXISTS BECAUSE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO EXIST

Mate, I feel the exact same way. I see 99% of people the same way I see objects, just things that are there, rather than as thinking beings as I am. I only really recognise people as people when I actually get to know them, talk to them & like them somewhat. Apart from that, they're either just absolutely nothing to me or simple annoyances, like something blocking my path.
Just detach your thoughts from those of others & how you feel about them and go forward thinking of only yourself.

>derealization
is this wilderbergs disease?

It's called being a teenager.

You lack the empathy to see other humans as people like you and instead view them as robots

haha don't worry, that's normal non psychotic feeling. I sense others the same way, but do you consider yourself self aware, have you broken the 3rd wall with nature, how do you behave around others, do you manipulate them to get what you want?

>autism

a symptom not a disease

>schizophrenics talking to eachother reassuringly

Just surrender to solipsism and accept your godhood.

Topkek

Probably that you have been playing far too many computer games and for too long at a time.

Personally, I acknowledge that people have internal thoughts and inhibitions, such cynicism is necessary for success, however I do tend to devalue other people's internal thought processes because of their outward projections. It's very obvious that someone who is incapable of entertaining an esoteric idea in conversation is incapable of internalizing them. Either that, or they're incapable of communicating their thoughts effectively, which means they don't really matter to society.

They talk about the most menial and trivial shit. Ultimately, somebody who cannot have an intelligent conversation is an NPC in my mind. I know they aren't one, and I know they have their own thoughts and personal interests, but I'm just being realistic in saying that those things have little to no importance.

What is your post but an outward projection of your own thoughts. Simply by sharing you negate your point.

This is basically a very self centered point of view. While I agree that many college aged kids are like this I've worked with plenty of people in the service industry that, once they get to know you, reveal themselves to have well thought out beliefs and ideas. If you present yourself properly, they're more likely to open themselves up and speak more thoughtfully.

Basically stop hanging out around kids and work on your own social skills. You have to create an environment where people feel comfortable enough to talk about such things with you. Otherwise people will default to banal conversation and jokes. It helps to be open and accepting so that they know an argument won't spark/they won't be attacked for their ideas.

He's talking about the people who project meaningless garbage.
That a person could be an internal genius, but it wouldn't matter if they couldn't actualize their potential in the real world.

Probably psychopathy. About 5% of the population has it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

But I love my dog and never killed animals and I was bullied in school. How can I be a psychopath?

t. OP

ty

Being a psychopath doesn't make you into some sort of charismatic super-villain.

You're probably fine. Just try to form more meaningful connections with people and be willing to listen. Ask them things if you want to lead the conversation into something you consider more interesting. You'll find that some people are a lot more nuanced than you thought instead of being mindless NPCs with a small bank of dialogue.

Or don't and just do whatever. I think it's more rewarding to build small connections with people than to ignore them, but it's your life.

No prob, bob.

no he doesn't

just call him a fag

>have one life
>wasting it making other people happy

people, women especially, are meaningless and disposable

use them as you wish

I feel this way when I have to speak to people in another language. It's doesn't feel like an actual conversation, more like an exercise, so I have to remind myself that they are actual people.

>talk
>it

fuck i'm tired

Way to not make connections/network and enjoy the benefits of a solid social group. Connecting with my chem prof (who apparently was the head of chem but I didn't know this) has gotten me access to all the machinery of the chem department and unlimited help with writing my independent study paper on the chemical development of Mazon Creek's siderite concretions. My geo profs and TA helped found the geo club at our college and got me elected as secretary. One of them is connecting me with the geo department at the university of chicago since he studied, then worked there while working with NASA. I genuinely enjoy their company and apparently the feeling is mutual.

I get free tickets for bands and indie wrestling events from people I hardly know, just because they know I'm into it. Some of the wrestlers recognize me and I've gotten free shirts and signatures from time to time.

It's pretty damn worth it.