Why does Meursault look like such a bishie on that cover

>not listening to G*d

>I-it was t-the sun!

Honestly, the book was pretty stupid.
> Le je suis so misunderstood I got executed for it

It wasn't stupid, it was absurd :^)

Now this is a good question.

Read more Camus and come again please.

It doesn't matter if killing the Arab was right or wrong, that's the point. He ultimately got executed because he didn't cry at his mother's funeral.

The nothing nothings.

Ça pêh (pour être honnête)

I read the French version as well. Good book. As for killing the arabs, that might have something to do with the Algerian war going on at the time. Algeria shares a border with turkey so I'm sure there was lots of faulty and deathfully desirable (...want to kill type) arabs passing through.

I found his introduction of the court process to be a bit fringeant, like he set up the pace of the book early on, so the introduction of the courts could be brief, but i found myself looking for more in between those parts... maybe just some narrators.

what was the deal with the weird chick at the cafeteria that ate a lot and kept starring at him in the trial?

I think the stranger (1942) was published before the Algerian war (1954-62)

Why did he hate white people?

>Paris is full of white people. It disgusted me

>(
Grrrr, i knew theres a reason i didnt pay attention to the guy that told me that. I should have known.

PS: There's no mention of the algerian war in the book. but the arabic influence remains to this day.,

I imagine there were tensions at that time in Algeria anyways.

He lied to himself as he waited for his death, and that was the only time he did anything humane. He only lived in those few minutes.

Did this book start the war?