Has Veeky Forums ever tried the Cronut, the world's biggest meme pastry?

Has Veeky Forums ever tried the Cronut, the world's biggest meme pastry?

are they good?

I tried it for the first time today, actually. It tasted really good, like a buttery cruller. I'd get it again if I felt like splurging. I doubt the price hike is warranted but I'd just make them myself if it bothered me that much.

yup. it's definitely tasty, and definitely in no way worth the hours on line.

>meme pastry
what does that mean

Exactly how many meme pastries are there? What's the smallest meme pastry?

A meme food is something popular in modern culture, I guess. Like sushi or salad.

Who's waiting for a cronut on a line these days? It's just at a slight premium in normal donut shops here. That's like complaining about macarons still when they're in every Trader Joes.

a fad thing, that's not raelly that great or original, but sells because of social media and normies being sheeps.

why don't you just say "fad" instead of talking like a cancerous 9gag faggot?

I had one from a grocer in St. Paul, MN once. It was a croissant that they had par-baked, deep-fried, then glazed, not this doughnut-shaped bullshit.
It was fantastic.

kek

I had a cromuffin. it was delicious.

CRONUTS ARE NOT BAD. THEIR HAVE BEEN FAR WORSE PASTRY CONCOCTIONS (READ: THE ENTIRETY OF SOUTH ((AMERICA))

to trigger you and all the autists like you

Selfridges in london sell a variety of types for a "reasonable" £3.50 (I say reasonable as a basic krispy kreme is £1.50+ here now), and they are amazing.

This. Never had ANYthing good from south america. Nothing but trash there. Disgusting.

>he's never met a huge booty Brazilian tranny

I had one. I like normal donuts more. Don't see the hype.

Apple fritter > all other donuts

I had one at Krispy Kreme a few years back. It was honestly pretty good.

Not something I'd get on a regular basis, though.

you're seri....nvm

Good the first few times. Afterwards, they're just about as good as anything else...

I'd suggest a bonut, a deep-fried, donut-shaped buttermilk biscuit.

>What's the smallest meme pastry?
The bronut, a brownie that's also a donut. It's okay if you haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

I try to avoid foods high in fad, saturated fads especially.

All of the objectively best bread comes from South America

The kek-thing is funny. Unironically writing "lol", is brutally shunned on Veeky Forums, but somehow "kek", which originated as a ten times more faggy way of saying "lol" is completely accepted.

I tried one(not the original though). It was pretty good actually.

"lol" is normie speak and "kek" was popularized on Veeky Forums (inb4 muh wow)
it's not hard to grasp

Too greasy for me.

The cookie shots were pretty good though.

It means "I have a poor vocabulary".

I've had the original and several knockoffs

The original is quite good, not worth going out of your way for but we got some boxes at work

The knockoff versions were, without exception, terrible

Like how a croissant from Au Bon Pain at Penn Station doesn't hold up to a croissant from a competent bakery

But I assume you flyovers don't know what a competent bakery is so the analogy is lost on you

>normal donut shops
Buddy that wasn't a cronut

Not a Dunkin Donuts or anything, just locally owned donut shops with a small offering of "gourmet" flavors. Maybe they got the croissant dough premade or something but it's certainly the same thing.

>The knockoff versions were, without exception, terrible

Not just terrible but often super greasy

Certainly? You've had both?

You can't tell how baked goods taste from pictures. If you could, those Asian bakeries (Tous les Jours, etc) would be delicious

I was thinking about going to Pierre Hermé in Paris, do you think it'll be OK?