ITT different types of people who have changes in their frontal lobe, permanent and non permanent

ITT different types of people who have changes in their frontal lobe, permanent and non permanent.

This is for personal research not any schooling thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reduplicative_paramnesia
youtube.com/watch?v=XNJt0iszQns
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15756305
psycnet.apa.org/journals/xge/122/4/411/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what are you asking?

Had a concussion once with lesions in the frontal lobe. Symptoms:

>Almost complete loss of long-term memory
>Agitation, restlessness
>Sleeplessness, only few hours of dreamless sleep every night
>No way to focus on anything for longer than a few seconds
>Very limited speech (only "Yes" and "No" responses etc)
>Personality changes
>Eventually depression

None of that was permanent. It took about a year to fully recover. No effect on intelligence was observed.

what do you mean loss in long term memory?

Frontal lobe brain injury is relatively rare. I doubt you'll find many people.

Not necessarily an injury, but, people who have had something happen to them that affected their mind enough that it changes their brain.

Like a serial killer.

I'm interested in seeing similarities between people whose brain activity is similar.

Not necessarily real people. Like maybe an occupation that causes a change in the frontal lobe. Maybe like someone who works around chemicals.

I have issues with inhibiting of extreme emotion and slurred speech.

I could remember what I did two seconds ago, but I couldn't remember what I did that morning. Things didn't stuck any longer. As a consequence I simply didn't know where I was and why at any point.

that bad? what did you do all day?

where did you damage yourself?

Hit my head repeatedly as a kid. Life has been weird since then. Diagnosed with schizo.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reduplicative_paramnesia

>Reduplicative paramnesia is the delusional belief that a place or location has been duplicated, existing in two or more places simultaneously, or that it has been 'relocated' to another site. It is one of the delusional misidentification syndromes and, although rare, is most commonly associated with acquired brain injury, particularly simultaneous damage to the right cerebral hemisphere and to both frontal lobes.

I have a weird version of this. I'll have a dream, and then later(days, years, months) I'll be in a situation in real life, and I'll get the same feeling that I did in the dream.

And looks like the cure (or coping mechanism?) is prayer/meditation/chilling. Which makes sense.
youtube.com/watch?v=XNJt0iszQns

I think that's De Ja Vu. I was going to say that what you have isn't a delusion because you don't literally think that a place has been located, but then i realised that what you've described actually has nothing to do with reduplicative paramnesia. I've had what you've had before as a kid.

i havent watched this video but judging by it, its almost certainly bullshit and doesnt take into account the fact that we barely know anything about dopamine and what it does or how we can efficaciously change it. I also think its generally thought now that dopamine isn't necessarily connected to mood.

stay away from youtube and popsci guys. reality is never as simple or as good as what they say.

Stood in bed all day, sometimes got up, tried to run away from the hospital multiple times, my family was often there too, so I talked to them. It was a very difficult time, existing was agony really.

Bike accident, almost died. Luckily, I had a helmet on. Without one I would be dead 100%. Ironically these days I never wear a helmet when I'm riding my bike.

loool you dumbass

Had psychosis and 1.5 year or so of antipsychotic medication, pretty sure one or both of those has caused damage to my frontal lobe.
Source on the latter:
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15756305
>we observed an 8-11% reduction in mean fresh brain weights
>The differences were observed across all major brain regions (frontal, parietal, temporal, occipital, and cerebellum), but appeared most robust in the frontal and parietal regions.

Symptoms at the moment are inability to focus on multiple things at the same time, keep oversight etc.., and increased visual snow/pattern distortions.

>I'll have a dream, and then later(days, years, months) I'll be in a situation in real life, and I'll get the same feeling that I did in the dream.
I have a weird version of this, where a certain combination of senses (taste/mouthfeel plays a big role) will have me realize I experienced that same feeling as a child, usually I can't recall what exactly, the context is very vague but the feeling is very specific, also it's gone after a few seconds.
Could be deja vu like says but for me it's not the same as when you walk in a place and get the feeling you've been there before or anything.

Also a question I've seen on psychiatric questionnaires a lot is "do you ever have trouble recalling if something happened in a dream or from real life" or something like that, been paying attention to it since I heard that, it's kinda freaky sometimes.

oversight?

i believe i have some mild frontal symptoms. forgetting things quickly like what im supposed to do, often without realising. distracted easily. lose track of time really easily. lack of goal motivation.

>oversight?
Shitty translation, I meant situational awareness.

psycnet.apa.org/journals/xge/122/4/411/
Just found this as a reference in the wikipedia article on frontal lobe, should be relevant to your interests OP

i think its just very strong de ja vu. what you describe is completely different from reduplicative paramnesia which is not just a feeling. its a strong belief that you are in a different place to where you actually are. thats different from your dream "premonitions". Nor is that the same as difficulty recalling if a memory was a dream or not.

Fell onto concrete at 5 years of age.

>ocd
>adhd
>antisocial
>bpd
>stupid

9 years pass & fall again.

>15min unconcious
>mfw nothing else left to damage in brain

>fell onto concrete
I fell like 4 times as a kid.
I'm still smarter than almost every white princess in Uni. Kek

I stepped on shoelace with hands in my pockets and fell right on the 4head.
Was really sleepy right after.
But yeah, the biggest problem in my life was/is lack of motivation.
Still though, I would estimate my iq 100-110.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

this guy is the landmark case of frontal lobe damage.

tl;dr a railroad worker in the 1800s gets a metal rod blown into his brain. Survives, lives with decent quality of life albeit with personality changes

also handsome :3

Fuck, I've heard about him but never really investigated in detail

Here are some badass tidbits
>1.1 m long, 3.25 cm diam, 13.25 lb iron bar launches through his skull
>lands 80 fucking feet away
>he falls over and convulses
>gets up and is talking minutes later
>walks over and sits up in an oxcart on the way to the doctor
>describes what happens to his doctor when he gets there
>according to the Doc's notes, following this he gets up, vomits and in the effort presses half a teacupfull of brain out of his head

the recovery period gets nasty. read for yourself. but he gets pretty healthy after about a month

check out the paper "Severe disturbance of higher cognition after bilateral frontal lobe ablation: patient EVR." on scihub for a modern version; similar areas of damage and indepth look at how it changed his life etc.

Yea didn't mean to imply I have paramnesia.
Some of those delusions are real freaky though, like Capgras and Cotard etc. It's messed up how you can think shit like that while being otherwise completely reasonable.

How does it affect intelligence?
Is there a certain kind of thinking that becomes hard or impossible?

Anecdotal from case studies: personality changes; easily agitated, anger, depression. Decreased empathy.

Personally, had a frontal injury as a kid and I have very little conscience. Not a sociopath or psychopath, no symptoms of those. Read up on the medial prefontal cortex (mPFC) and emotion processing.

How did it happen?

I had a few seizures in middle school that completely changed my personality and intelligence.

Before the seizures I was your a below average Joe. After the seizures I developed an obsession with mathematics and a new understanding for it. I see people, even mathematicians struggle with learning new forms of math. They have to study for hours and shit while I am just bored out of my mind from how slow the classes are.

I never went to college because I knew I would have the same experience. I eventually dropped out of high school because I was given all this work that was tediously useless for me. Anyway, back to my work.