Alright boys just got my sous vide machine. It's mistake time

Alright boys just got my sous vide machine. It's mistake time

>shitty normal cheetos
>not the spicy ones
shit thread.

I love you Veeky Forums

OP where did you get it and how much?

Are you going to pan-fry that shit afterwards? Give it a nice crust maybe?

Hey now. I took requests from a friend. If it were up to me they would have been spicy.
I paid like $170 from amazon. Like 10 for the cooler then just put a hole through it.
Absolutely yes

Alright. Everything is in there. Now we wait 45 minutes or so. So what are you fuck cooking now?

bump :)

what the hell is this?

are you.... a-are you mixing all that together?

Did you buy it just to fuck around? You could've just done it on the stove top.

nope! They're being cooked separately, I will, however, be searing some of the bready things. The cheetos, hotpockets, and poptarts are probably doable but I won't really know until I pull the mistakes out.

Bump because I have to see how this plays out

I got it for actual use, I've made a few steaks and a roast with it so far. Tonight is mistake o clock.

Mom look I'm in the screencap.

I'm liking this

>rare steak

I just came to Veeky Forums for a question, I didn't ask for this

enjoy your stomach cancer, immunesystemlet

what a waste of money and time

Look Donald, I know you're now the most powerful person in the world, but you have not and will not have good taste in steaks.

make slightly-below-medium boiled eggs
ny strip steak
carrots and other root vegetables

rare steak is patrician, the whole "i actually enjoy undercooked meat" meme comes from WW2 when rationing forced housewives to not fully cook their meat because they were afraid of "shrinkage" caused by cooking something for long periods.

tldr you're falling for an ancient meme

when i say "patrician" i of course mean "plebeian"

You forgot the herbs

the texture is different user and most fucks can't stop at well done and go all the way to shoe leather

Yeah, those are good ideas. My next project is gonna be some sort of salmon dish. I made a gravy out of miso and dashi the other day and it was fucking strange but still pretty good. Definitely should have gone on fish.

I decided against it. I'm more interested in seeing them leak like caged penises

literally nothing wrong with shoe leather.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to keep believing your boot leather is superior because blood is icky...

enjoy your e-coli senpai

It comes from the vast majority of the meat's flavor and texture being destroyed by prolonged cooking

Temperature and duration are all you need to worry about if you're deathly afraid of bacteria and parasites, and it just so happens you can keep a steak at 145-155f and still have it come out looking like that. Red meat that turns brown is overcooked. It's called RED meat for a reason.

nice b8 m8
you're retarded

I don't buy discount steaks from Walmart. I have been eating medium rare beef for 30 years and have yet to have an issue. Nice try tho.

listen, while I appreciate the bonus bumps, let's keep steakfag coversations to bait threads

the term "red meat" was coined by the national cattlemen's beef association in 1938 to try and associate beef with a manlier, more right-wing leaning image to drive up sales. and it worked.

>i've been eating medium rare beef for 30 years
my condolences. sorry to hear you have such shit taste.

kek

Kek, waiting for a vac'd anova machine pic.

>farenjingles

Is that photoshopped?

Problems. The combined smells when I opened it, it's indescribable

Searing

yes to make him a bit thinner

The filling didn't melt out like I expected, but they're really easy to stretch

We put it in the snow to cool after infusing with that rad bacon flavor

Good lord this is vile. The rosemary is not ok

Searing these now. They're really soggy and warm

The cheetos are legitimately good

This is alright. Completely even, no hotspots, no cold spots, nice and crispy. Still tastes like hot pocket unfortunately.

And now the vomit on the top.
>NO!
>No?
>NO!!
Holy fuck that's bad. Cheetos and hotpockets?
Yes.
Everything else?
No

anything else in your house you'd be willing to try? Why not put in a small amount of pasta with water, see if it cooks.

what the fuck is this

>Still tastes like hot pocket unfortunately.
>cooked perfectly
>complains that it tastes like what it is
Why buy it?

OP's room mate here, the bacon infused chocolate and rosemary pop tart were absolutely disgusting.

kek 11/10 thread OP

I... yeah that was real dumb
I would but... not today. Full- full of garbage, I couldn't eat anything else if I tried. Expect more some other time, though. your suggestion is number 1

Also taking other future suggestions. I'll do another in 2 weeks or so.

>hey bro let's get on Veeky Forums together, we should collab on this one

fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh thyme, and a knob of butter post sous vide

>muh tendies are cooked through so everything must be cooked through. It's how McDonald's does it so I better do it too. McDonald's is the best

>comparing chicken to beef
dumb rarecuck.

>cooking beef like its chicken

Even flyovers know better...

>enjoying things that I, myself, do not enjoy
ugh, just go to reddit already baka

>spending time on a cooking board while not being able to cook

i only come here to shitpost desu but i unironically enjoy well-done steak

>desu

No worries. We all know you're a basement dwelling weeaboo NEET neckbeard who still lives at home with your mom and step-dad...

Haha look at this newfag.

Forgot the pic for these

trying too hard to fit in

this isn't reddit

>I will put an empty line at the start of my post so no one knows I'm samefagging

nice haha you sure showed him

you must be new to anonymous image board culture

>implying you can't switch between laptop and phone to represent multiple posters

Fuck off faggot. No one gives a shit but you. Try getting a job instead of shitposting from your stepdads basement all day.

>projecting this hard
>still trying this desperately to fit in

Fat NEET weeb shitposters who can't cook like you are the majority. Last thing I want to do is fit in here faggot. Do these posts make you feel better about not being able to find your dick? Anyway you have gotten enough replies out of me. Best of luck finding your dick.

>Veeky Forums is not the worst board, I swear!!!

Okay, so next time I'm making pasta and all the salt I got from this thread sous vide. Any other requests?

I wander what would happen with dough or like a brownie mix? I'm really high

sous vide butter cheetos is a good idea

pls experiment with this more

good job user

this is legitimately impressive

That hot pocket isn't cooked perfectly. The perfect way to cook a hot pocket is with a wood fire oven or with something like a pellet grill smoker.

Here is the smoker hot pocket.

minority detected

This is the most horseshit post I have ever read in my entire life.

like, in fucking years, nothing has come close.

source this claim immediately

It's a joke I know but you can use an immersion circulator to temper chocolate.

I will definitely try that. Both cookie dough and brownie batter. Most likely it won't set up in the slightest but I'll turn the temp higher and see what happens.
What else you want me to try specifically? Pretty much anything like it will have about the same result.

That sounds interesting actually. Would probably also work nicely if you added more herbs.