Name FIVE authors

name FIVE authors

Ah ... wait ... fuck ... shit, I can't do it, OP. Good job, you got me. Time to stop posting on Veeky Forums now, let's all stop the show.

>David
>Foster
>Wallace
>Thomas
>Pynchon

first five that came in: Joyce, Pynchon, Steinbeck, Woolf, McCarthy

I think a lot about what he would have written if he had lived longer. I once heard it said he was moving from an obsession with Dostoevsky (whose influence can obviously be seen in his early work) and reading a great deal more Tolstoy. I don't know how true that was, but there is the stereotype of Dostoevsky being a "young man's" writer and that we move onto Tolstoy with time (a simplification, which nevertheless contains elements of truth).

As it stands I can't rank him as a great novelist, but for some reason, I get the feeling that, if he had lived longer, and really assimilated the messages of Tolstoy, using him as inspiration in same way he used Dosto, then he would have produced a truly great novel, one undeniably up there with the 20th century greats, and would have founded a stream of literature, which set itself apart by lacking the teenage elements of Dosto (the obsession with nihilism, the constant pervasive sense of drama(Dosto was the greatest playwright never to have written a play)), which plague his earlier work, and following instead the Tolstoyan model.

Instead, the 20th century became a Dostoyevskyan century, every work a lesser fragmentation of his Brothers Karamazov (Not that this is at all dismissive; it's a wonderful book), populated by exaggerated psychology, an unfounded distaste for naturalism, and a subtle conservatism (present even among the most left-wing writers of the modern and post-modern tradition) which reveals itself in the post-modern suspicion of "ideology" and "ideologues".

The death of Albert Camus came too early. As with Keats and Shelley, when we read his work, what is far more dominant than the actual work which stands before us is the tragic sense, which pervades his corpus, of what could have been.

All amerocans exand yer horizen

Proust
Dostoyevsky
Ovid
Jackie Chan

Joyce
Celine
Camus
Plath
Hugo

Karinthy
Lovecraft
Walter M. Miller Jr
Camus
Mencius

>JK Rowling
>GRR Martin
>Roald Dahl
>Stephenie Meyer
>Suzanne Collins

Koestler
Miller
Hailey
Elizabeth
Conan Doyle

Joyce
Woolf
Faulkner
Kafka
Beckett

first that came into my head...

R.L. Stine
Italo Calvino
William Faulkner
Yukio Mishima
George Eliot

That's five Arthurs of course

>Karinthy
I'd really love to read more from this guy, but can't find anything beside Journey... and Please, sir :(

jackie chan

Gallant
Pamuk
Poissant
Sæterbakken
Heaney

Snooki
Tina Fey
Amy Schumer
Carry Brownstein
Barack Obama

Fitzgerald
Joyce
Lee
Hemmingway
Twain

Flannery O'Conner
M.R. James
Jorge Luis Borges
Thomas Ligotti
Gene Wolfe

Kehk

Yeah, he needs more diversity. That selection is problematic. Patriarchal, even.

My
Diary
Desu
Anonymous
Veeky Forums

Bob
Ben
Jerry
Homer
Dingus

Playdoh
Aristophanes
Baricco
Proust
Woolfe

Borges
Papini
Dostoyevsky
Cartarescu
Nabokov

Oh shit uh, Witold Gombrowicz, Lawrence Durrell, Dawn Powell, Jackie Chan,

Michael Chricton
JRR Tolkien
Terry Brooks
Phillip K Dick
Hunter S Thompson
That's the order authors came to my mind.

Robbe-Grillet
Ende
BS Johnson
Magris
Okri

>Mishima
>Mann
>Stendhal
>Joyce
>Pynchon
AKA The Patrician Five

Jesus
Socrates
Homo
John green
Hank green

>Pynchmeister
>Patrician
top plz go

tom*

What is it about his name thats so funny?

I cant help laughing every time i hear it

Did you just explain your own funny?

Fuck off Seth

>Bolaño
>Donoso
>Neruda
>Mistral
>Parra

Vargas Llosa
García Márquez
Cortázar
Fuentes
Sábato

Sadly,most of his stuff wasn't translated.
How much did you like those two books,I haven't met a foreigner who read Karinthy.

Strindberg
Bergman
Heidenstam
Stagnelius
Geijer

shakespeare
stephan king
james patterson
bruce lee