Why is traditional food in the americas suck? Outside of Mexico and Peru, everything else is mediocre

Why is traditional food in the americas suck? Outside of Mexico and Peru, everything else is mediocre

because you touch yourself

Because there was little to no civilization in most of the Americas until europe came over. Lots of tribes, no real civilization.

Because 90% of them died to disease before we ever met any of them.

>mayans
>incans
>aztecs
>olmecs
>not civilizations

HUI WAS OLMECS

>traditional food in the americas...
Because its all peasant food. 'Authentic' mexican cuisine is one of those artsy words like 'hand crafted' or 'small batch'.

Here in SoCal I see 'authentic' places pop up all the time and either change or go out of business. Americans take what it good about latin foods and then throw away all the pleb tier parts. That's why we have "Tex-Mex" and "So-Mex". It's to let you know it's 'inspired' by latin food, but not shitty like latin food.

The last 'authentic' place I went had frikin' green beans, corn, and UNMASHED beans (like in a bean salad) in a burrito. They didn't last 2 months.

Europoor Obsession Thread No. 8491971

>central America and part of South
So yeah most of the Americas was uncivilized

>Americans take what it good about latin foods and then throw away all the pleb tier parts.
>That's why we have "Tex-Mex" and "So-Mex".
>'inspired' by latin food, but not shitty like latin food.

Can you please stop making asinine assertions?

>Civilizations who's staple food was different types of corn

because unlike mexico and peru we cant sit around a fire all day to tend to a slow roasting roadkill pig.

That 'Mexican' food is what the Spaniard and French overlords would eat. Going through the pictures:
>Meat (expensive)
>Cheese (expensive)
>Sugar (expensive)
>Chocolate Mole Sauce (expensive)
These things would ONLY be eaten (in large amounts) at a party or festival. The pleb tier 'authentic' mestizos would eat rice, beans, and whatever was cheapest in that season (peppers, vegetables, fish).

>this 'history' lesson.

Confirmed to have never visited these countries and only has knowledge of their cuisine through restaurants in his city. If that.

[citation needed]
Stop talking about things you don't understand, and stop moving the goal post, delusional half chicano, half "white" mongrel with blue eyes that turned hazel with a self proclaimed IQ of 135.

I might agree on Peru, but Mexican food IRL is the best
Because it's very difficult for a cuisine to both have a national identity and have a high level of development without a persistent aristocratic class. The New World was built on the ashes of civilizations whose aristocracies we destroyed, and our best effort at aristocracies are baboons like the Trumps. So our finest offerings are really just regurgitated imports (for instance, the California wines that are made in the French style).

>delusional half chicano, half "white" mongrel with blue eyes that turned hazel with a self proclaimed IQ of 135.

The fuck is this, the high school cafeteria?

>pozole
>mole
>chiles en nogada
>conchas
>pork meat in guajillo sauce
>mushroom soup
>stuffed chilis
>huachinango
>bread of the dead
>charro beans
>rajas with sour cream
>chicken with peanut sauce
>lime soup
>tacos
>chilaquiles
>suiss enchiladas
>black stuffing
>white gut soup

>Spaniard and French
>expensive

>These things would only be eaten in large amounts at a party or festival (not true btw), therefore they are not Mexican food.
Ok.

And how is that "Americans taking what its good about latin foods and then throw away all the pleb tier parts"? How is Tex-Mex and So-Mex garbage better than any of those dishes?

We can be here forever if you want, but I suggest that you better stick to /r9k/ and /pol/, friend.

I don't get your point.

Same here. IQ of 135? What was all that?

That is what that guy claims to be. Not ITT, but I have seen him before.

>mexico
>good food
jajaja

Corn was the >staple food, but there are all kinds of foods that came out of the Americas

>chocolate
>vanilla
>tomato
>avocado
>tobacco
>all peppers from genus Capsicum

Before the discovery of the New World, food basically didn't exist as we know it, and yes those were all discovered by indigenous populations. Look it up on wikipedia if you don't believe me.

Turkeys were also domesticated in Mesoamerica. And potatoes come from Peru.

When I start "seeing" shit like that I take it as a sign that I need a break from this site

Maybe.

that doesn't sound very authentic to me.

I live in NYC and the authentic places here are great.

Jamaican food and Central American food is good

Also I've been to Ecuador and the food there was really good

What a world it was where fish was "cheap"

putting a retarded white nationalist spin on food, how pathetc

Poor culture. Even though they have lots of ingredients at hand they don't come out with practical recipes for them

well I went to Ecuador and the food was delicious

AND PENDEJADAS

>indigenous people in a long settled area before colonial conquest didn't know how to use local food resources.

Idiot.