Veeky Forums is a bunch of pseuds who hate academia because it makes them feel inferior

Veeky Forums is a bunch of pseuds who hate academia because it makes them feel inferior.

Prove me wrong.

Ideology Rules Everything Around Me

>because it makes them feel inferior

L M A O
nice typo

I greatly respect academics. I do not respect 18 year olds who don't know what the fuck they are talking about when they think going to college for an English degree is a good idea on any level.

Sincerity escapes me. I want to evade metaphysics but metaphysics is like a hairy troll with a large club that I'd like to see be swung.
This has nothing to do with OP's challenge but while we're projecting our feelings I thought I would share my own.
OP you sound very bitter but I can't say you're wrong. However the only internet board that I'm confident isn't full of psueds is locked to all non-mensa personnel

Academics just come out of thin air. They all just majored in STEM and the trades, and decided to become knowledgeable in literature or philosophy, and respected in their fields without any credentials.
Otherwise, they spring fully formed from the earth.

I've no idea who that is and yet I still don't hate academia. In fact, my curiosity inspires me

I hate academia because they are to stupid to realize the people they themselves faun over weren't even of their ilk.

Was AQUINAS READING ARISTOTELES BECAUSE OF HIS HISTORICAL OR CULTURAL VALUE? NO FUCKING WAY, HE JUST WANTED TO FIGURE OUT THE TRUTH OF THE UNIVERS: ARISTOTLE WAS HIS WAY OF ATTEMPTING IT.

This can be said of all great thinkers, the historic-investigation founded academia is nothing more than a corruption of intellect.

Even Nietzsche hated those grey cobweb covered erudites that now pretend to diserve respect by calling themselves "academics"

Most academics are not trying to become the next great philosopher (hopefully). It's really a numbers game, they can't all do it. Having some people who are trying to understand and make their work more accessible by the general public is a good thing, in my opinion.

>I want to evade metaphysics

Why?

But pseuds and academics are one and the same.

I feel inferior thanks to Veeky Forums but instead of hating academia I'm developing a study plan.

I thank Veeky Forums for showing me the way.

Academia is very much susceptible to governmental ideology. Also, as Schopehnauer noted, they are usually motivated not by their love for truth, but by their desire to eat.

>Prove me wrong
idiot detected

Veeky Forums is a bunch of STEM students. That's why it seems that way.

>lit hates academy
Where did you pick this up?

I love academy, since I work there and met all my friends there -- including my smoking hot gf. And I am Veeky Forums

user, Veeky Forums is actually very mixed.

Some of it hates academia but not because it makes them feel inferior, simply because it's a jewish-ridden corporate mafia.

Some of Veeky Forums works in the academia

And some are a combination of both, like me

Honestly, academia for most people is a boring job prospect.
And intellectual freedom is more limited than people imagine, so it can be frustrating as well.

Except for possibly meeting some (female) students there's not much of value there.

Also, in general I believe that we have so much accumulated knowledge from the past that could keep us busy for centuries.
Constantly producing new content, which is pretty much enforced in academia, seems like a huge waste of time.

>when they think going to college for an English degree is a good idea on any level.
>average midcareer salary of an English graduate is $63k

Don't be jelly you chose a degree that reduces you to highschool dropout tier understanding of writers

I don't hate academia. /pol/ does though, maybe that's what you're thinking of.

>implying literary academia is anything more than pseuds making themselves feel superior
>implying literary academia is challenging

brb, writing another completely useless Shakespeare essay nobody will ever read

It's about keeping the fire of tradition lit for most academics, rather than trying to synthesize the past thousands of years of western thought into one coherent system.

Not him, but I'm sure everyone does. Ignorance is bliss.

What purpose do academics currently serve in our society? not trying to mock them I'm just genuinely curious. Do they just do research and write papers?