Science fiction novel where majority of society is highly intelligent, well read and educated people

Science fiction novel where majority of society is highly intelligent, well read and educated people.

Lem was massively overrated, his knowledge of science was zip, the only reason for his reputation was his dainty satire

He's the best we got. Without him scifi genre would be on the level of anime.

no, there are plenty of competent American science fiction writers who did not need to rest their reputation on satire and aloofness

>his knowledge of science was zip
>implying a physician would have 0 knowledge of science

I assume you haven't read the Summa Technologiae?

The reason his novels are great is because they are a literary examination of human nature, not be-bloop robots.

Literary reader: The underlying themes in His Master's Voice are devastating, that we are such minor beings that the great entities of the galaxy merely ignore us, and we are left to our petty squabbles as peasants in a universe of kings.
Sci-Fi Reader (in comic book guy voice): REEEE Lem clearly had no working knowledge of inter-space wave transmission, there is a billionth of a chance that he would pick up that signal, also this novel is so boring, I was just expecting us to make contact the whole time and he totally failed in the climax REEEE

>polish physician

That book has nothing to do real science, it is speculative (aka bullshit) science to expound on social or philosophical ideas

>all science fiction before Lem was about be-bloop robots

"Literary" reader everyone

Your ridiculous comparison of a literary reader vs a Sci-Fi reader also shows why the worldly knowledge of science rules the modern world and not the pseudo knowledge of the literary world. There are no a priori themes of life, Lem just played to literary critics with his existential cynicism

>ad ethnos fallacy
much valid
Dick/10 tho for getting me to enter the thread

It was a reference to the quality of medical schools in Poland, the time he went (even today in the best school medicine is not very science based), and his lack of actual practice. A bus driver from the same time would have an equivalent knowledge of science.

How's second semester Computer Science treating you, pleb?

try harder, Freedman

fuck off nigger

>know nothing about a country/culture
>tell shit about it

Polish education is superior, read a little

one would be better off being educated by actual niggers than potato niggers

>potato niggers

wait wait when did the irish enter the conversation

>implying the current ranking of universities (in an american system, nonetheless) has anything to do with how smart a doctor 40 years ago was

user, you can do better than this

is there a book like this?

>40 years ago
try nearly 80

Poland was even more backwards then, Universities were less rigorous then, and medicine was shit. Poland has always been a third world country.

>falling for the 'people in the past were dumb' meme

user, do you have arguments, or do you just have empty posturing in a failing thread?

When it comes to scientific knowledge, especially with respect to medicine it is true. Complaining about empty posturing in thread about Lem, I am sure he would have embraced the irony.

s m h at this thread
I'm very sorry OP

Really wish i knew what "s m h" meant, so I could somehow relate to the sorrow you're attempting to communicate.

it's a black person thing

a. this ranking is mainly based on publications in english.
b. i'm talking about general education also, not only academics. When US might have better univeristies, their high-school education is really bad. So you, user, are less educated than statistical potato nigger, but your country's science accomplishments might be better.

>quality of medical schools

I think it means "shaking my head"

its
succ my hcock

Lem independently developed the Blind Watchmaker theory before Dawkins. No matter how much you want to argue about his education, you can't say he wasn't intelligent.

>not knowing what s m h stands for
ffs Veeky Forums

Typical overrated slavshit hack. Those subhumans see a robot on a cover and just assume it must be some great literature. It's almost a shame that soviet union fell becouse since then we got swarmed with their "authors".

Name a single one whose analysis was deeper than Lem's

something off-topic but help this little ignorant

what is the difference between science fiction, fiction and fantasy?

you are the subhuman here.

science fiction is where you imagine a big rocket because you have a small penis

fantasy is where you imagine a big sword instead

fiction is just a more general term for imagining things for penis-related reasons

ahh

And what is [s]Aleppo[/s] ffs?

ffs is used after something seemingly easy to understand--'as easy as one, two, three'--has not been. So what happens is it's necessary to go back through everything and explain it over. ffs stands for 'four, five, six'; it's kind of like taking it from the top, but in a different way: since 1, 2, 3 wasn't understood, it has to be explained in terms of 4, 5, 6.

This is true. Who doesn't know this, for fuck's sake?