If my freshman grades were unsatisfactory...

If my freshman grades were unsatisfactory, how greatly would it effect my chances of being accepted into a prestigious college such as MIT, Yale, Stanford, Etc? I am aware that some colleges look at your life away from your class performance such as what clubs you participate in and programs your part of.

Any help?

Other urls found in this thread:

talk.collegeconfidential.com/massachusetts-institute-technology/1751457-mit-class-of-2019-rd-results-thread.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

try to meet their diversity quota.

A fuckton, OP

You pretty much fucked up your life and your chance to get into the Ivy League + MIT if you're shit on your first year and those won't look on your social life or what clubs or fraternities you joined

I'm sorry to say this though, but unless you changed the way to view mathematics completely, you won't get accepted by the big ones

Are you black?

>how greatly
>effect
Well-disguised troll, friend.

Try /pol/.

Could an extremely high SAT/ACT test score still give me a chance?

I would try this guys advice if you want any chance to get into university

>freshman in high school

underage
sage

Yes, become the number one guy and you will get in for sure if you don't wanna get into their diversity quotas
Yeah, OP is a white dude so

>>freshman
I'm pretty sure he's in college but wants to go to a big university, baka

>OP is a white dude so...

>trying to get into a prestigious college such as MIT, Yale, Stanford, Etc?

>has unsatisfactory grades.

>must meet diversity quota to get in (still white)

>Only way to get in is to be gay

OP confirmed a Fag

First off, you should stop assuming people's age, I could be 12 for all you know and be mature and professional in an adult setting.

I will look in to this.

Identify as a muslum trans-woman of color of the lesbian persuasion and write about the daily struggles you face fighting straight christian white cis men in this society filled with institutionalized privilege and rape culture.

no. try looking at that college board for a thread about accepted/denied ivy league applications. Lots of those guys had 4.5+ gpa's and literally perfect SAT scores and shit loads of extra curriculars. Still denied. You're definitely not getting in with 1/4 of your grades being shit.
The good news? it doesn't really matter that much. the people who go to schools like MIT are largely successful being they were people with the ability to get into MIT, not because they went there. It will heavily affect the first job you get in your field, but only cause you'll have little work experience. After you have something to that shows you're a competent employee, your alma matter matters less and less specially if you're only going for a bachelor's. If your goal was academia though then yeah you might as well sudoku.

Hi. I work for Yale admissions. I just want to let you know that you have be accepted.

>SAT/ACT

Piss off

OP, if you make a massive improvement and have a good excuse it won't hurt you too much. If you want to go to Berkeley or UCLA (not really elite but decent enough) they don't look at freshman grades. Now get studying and off Veeky Forums.

Yeah but they were Asian

you know what would be a good excuse for not getting good grades freshman year; say because I Identify as a muslim trans-woman of color of the lesbian persuasion and the daily struggles you face fighting straight christian white cis men in this society filled with institutionalized privilege and rape culture are what caused you to not achieve a 4.0 gpa.

why cant we just say op is fucked. if he wanted to get into prestigious colleges he would have had his shit together well before high school.

Does being black really give me a higher chance of getting into a good school?

I'm not OP but i happen to be black

Yes. Collages always try to be diverse as possible. also you have the equal opportunities act.

you're not doing him any favors by lying to him. OP, look at these people. Half of them will cure humanity threatening diseases and still got rejected. Are you even close to anyone who got rejected here?
talk.collegeconfidential.com/massachusetts-institute-technology/1751457-mit-class-of-2019-rd-results-thread.html

Go to a state school and don't fuck up. It's not the end of the world.

Honestly, I care more about expanding my knowledge of the world around me than having a hearty salary at a high position job.

No.

unless you are going to school for free (paid for by scholarships, parents, etc.) go to a community college for your AA. Big universities and first time employers don't care if you go to a university your freshman year.

Then go to Berkeley or some other shit UC