A celebration of my white trash heritage

Buttermilk brined fried chicken, mashed potatos and bread smothered in a chicken dripping cream gravy, and ditchweed with wild carrots. I'm in heaven cu/ck/s.

>Buttermilk brined fried chicken

You are speaking my language you RAD-ACULOUSLY AWESOME friendo!

What seasonings do you put in your breading mixture?

You are one of the Koolest Kats in my book!

OMG sign me up. Seriously. Where do I click to get that delivered?

I have to say, you're a strange character, but I'll tell ya' how I made it. Brined the legs in 2 qts of water with 1/2 cup of salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar and a couple cloves garlic for 6 hours. Rinsed a couple times in the same pot, then coated with some hot sauce and dumped in a qt of buttermilk. Let it sit for 2 hours and coated with a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of flour and corn starch with black pepper, cayenne and smoked paprika. Let it sit for 1 hour and fry in a cast iron skillet turning every 5 minutes.

Mashed potatoes and gravy are standard methods. Ditchweed and wild carrots were just a bit of walking around seeing and picking god's good bounty.

That's not white trash. You would need like velveeta and spam to get to white trash levels. That's country cooking, almost home style.It's practically 'artisanal'.

Back to /Reddit/ you fucking queers.

a lot of places in phoenix are popping up with this kind of cuisine... there must be a white trash migration happening

Looking good OP, I like to do a bit of southern style home cooking myself

I thought except for mexicans arizona was already entirely white trash.

That chicken looks really disgusting dude

Why did you brine and buttermilk both? Seems like you don't understand buttermilk.

It was really good... maybe your just more into fried

>you don't understand buttermilk

True. Buttermilk and I don't speak the same language, but my chicken tells me his flavor and texture are better than using only buttermilk. I'se trusts mah chick'in!

OP here. Lookin' good, senpai. I especially like them ham simmered beans. When we get's a bit of a chill, I'll be cooking me a pot with some home cured hamhocks. God, the aroma of that pot of beans simmerin' on the stove; nothing better.

ditchweed? i have never heard of dis....

Totally agree thanks, pintos are excellent too

Gosh, what cute dogs.

I've never heard of ditchweed either...but a quick google makes it seem weird you'd eat that. Is that what you mean by white trash?

Buttermilk is enough of a brine. There are seasonings passing in and out of the cells in the acidic wet and quite tenderizing environment. There's no need to do a different brine step ahead of time.

>dicthweed

It's just what I call the "wild greens" I can wander around and find on god's good earth. This particular salad was lambs quarter, plantain, dandelion and a few young pokeweed I happened to be lucky enough to stumble across. The wild carrots were a real bonus, not usually present so early, but "muh, global warming". God provides a bounty we all too often don't even see.

That's the difference between country folk and you coasters.

Here are my duckhunters in a relaxing moment. Don't think for a moment they don't know when they're going hunting when I pull out my shotgun and strap on my white trash hunting vest. They love it.

I want some creamed corn.

>ditchweed
wtf is that

I like spinach since its actually rich in nutrients for salad, just dont cook it or get it in the can, needs to be green and leafy. Smother it with all the sauce you want because thats not gonna take the nutrients out of it.

> great plate there, but I expect the poorfag part of the equation is there's only 2 drumsticks.

> normally I dont even look at boned chicken at the store, I go straight for the frozen boneless chicken breasts, at $7 for 3 pounds thats often cheaper than hamburger

> and then it goes in the george foreman grill

fuck that, the corn looks disgusting

>ditchweed

I explained above. Go read the post, I disdain to even direct you.

>poorfag part of the equation is there's only 2 drumsticks.

I made 12 drumsticks, two batches, jackoff. I had 2 more tonight. Other people had some last night. How fat are you that you need more fried meat than 2 drumsticks with all of the other bounty, you fatfuck?