Just found out some of my friends became pescatarians. I kind of love fish myself but is it a better diet...

Just found out some of my friends became pescatarians. I kind of love fish myself but is it a better diet? Also can't you get mercury poisoning from eating too much fish?
It's just that... fish and veggies sounds delicious to me for every day consumption.

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/20/jeremy-piven-i-havent-had_n_264093.html
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/1710093
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_poisoning
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No and no

but people have gotten mercury poisoning from eating too much fish?

Of fish that contain a non-negligible amount of Mercury, only Tuna is one commonly eaten, and you can safely eat Tuna just as long as you're not eating it for 3 meals a day every day.

Hell, even if you did, you'd probably be fine for a long time. The mercury scare is largely scaremongering BS like the lead-based solder shit.

I have never heard of them getting mercury poisoning, but eating too much fish high on the food chain can cause you to have high levels of mercury in your body.

First of all, pescetarians don't eat "veggies", they only eat fish.

what about starches and sugars? what?

It really just depends on what kind of fish like said

Mercury poisoning is real but youd have tp ear a lot

fuck you are dumb

the more varied your diet the better

Being vegan with b12 injections is the most healthy diet.

you can still get high blood pressure from eating too much salt or cancer from eating black burnt stuff or get sick from all that round-up

Fish feel pain, so pescatarians are not the typical animal rights activists, but more about "health" mentality. First to go is red meat (though it's supposed to be fine once weekly). Once they've elminated almost all the food groups there's a valid concern they need more normal protein.

Fish isn't so clean and nice. It's nice like you can well done cook away fears about farming, it's in the flesh, from mercury to pesticides from water runoff.
Use your common sense about nutrition and health and go with the commonly health beliefs, not fringe practices. You are supposed to eat a variety of foods for optimum nutrition.

Jeremy Piven might have been trying to get out of a contract if truth be told, but he was was a well known recent hospitalization from consumption of fish daily for 20 years. He claims to have Epstein Barr and a host of other problems, and after going fish free for a year, he's feeling so much better now.
huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/20/jeremy-piven-i-havent-had_n_264093.html
If you worked in medicine, you'd understand your vegan patients are full of health problems, from low birth weight babies to "rare" diseases, no matter their wealth or educational levels, there's a lot of crap that promotes this or that over something else, but if you want to eliminate food groups and not eat just more delicious recipes, I really think you'd be happier on /fit

Ignore them. The mercury's taken hold!

out of all the meme diets this one is actually not retarded and has some minimum benefits while not harming your body

>injections
That isn't a diet.

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/1710093

>but is it a better diet
no, being a picky eater and limiting yourself arbitrarily isn't good
> Also can't you get mercury poisoning from eating too much fish
Yes, with certain types of fish, takes a lot though

>jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/1710093
You should know a bit more about that study, and understand fitness is a huge part of the religious principles, as well as the fact they excluded anyone in the study who was sick, or didn't have complete health questionnaires (meaning they didn't have high quality medical care). Loma Linda is the Adventist university hospital, of which 30% of all church members live right next to, and which sponsored the study of their own religion, and not only that, they are a high quality medical center, one of the finest across the board in every kind of care. There's a _lot_ of reasons this study should have been more about lifestyle, wealth, religion, and not diet. Adventists believe in preserving their life, their one and only chance at it, since Hell or Heaven isn't a big belief overall, they make the best of the precious life, which is an entirely unusual but powerful belief bordering placebo effect when it comes to studies. Though it is diverse now, among the demographic most chosen, it was primarily a white european descent religion with a pretty good incidence of longevity (genes). So be careful about drawing conclusions.

>t. liar

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_poisoning

Mercury poisoning: the diet

Pretty sure fish don't keep the mercury in their meat, it's kept in their skin, and if you eat fish skin you're a fucking caveman that shit's gross.

>Volcano
Volcanoes have been around for as long as fish. Unsuitable levels of mercury in ocean wildlife have dramatically gone up only in the past few decades or so. But sure, let's shut down the volcanoes.
>neocon/alt-right logic
The skin is where a lot of the nutrients are also stored, unfortunately.

*mercury and other toxins

google "selenium in fish"

Kek, and carnivores only eat meat XD