When will the US finally use metric units in everyday life?

When will the US finally use metric units in everyday life?

After the europeans come again to colonize country after nuclear war with itself.

Never, metric sucks for every day life.

never because its completely unnecessary as we already use them for science, and our units are superior for everyday life.

Get everyone into drugs. Problem solved.

How? I can't see why you need more complicated units? Why can't you use just one that applies to everything and that everyone uses? Please elaborate amerifat

who are you, Thomas Corwin Mendenhall?

Fahrenheit and inches/ ft tailord to be more intuitive at the scale of objects/ activities than humans live their lives.

It's not that hard to convert between imperial units. How are you fags bragging about passing calc 3 when you can't even multiply and divide by 12, 1760 and 5280?

>le superior for everyday life meme
What you grow up using is what will be more intuitive for you, besides that it literally doesn't matter.

>use them for science
>What is Kelvin: The Post

>What is Kelvin
An SI-unit.

So if you grew up on a time scale where everything was crammed between .0000001 and .0000002 of a degree that would be more intuitive?

Lol, Eurofags will actually argue this to justify telling their wife to set their AC at 20.15C

>So if you grew up on a time scale where everything was crammed between .0000001 and .0000002 of a degree that would be more intuitive?
Coming up with weird edge cases doesn't prove your point. But yea you'd just end up calling it nanodegrees obviously lel

>justify telling their wife to set their AC at 20.15C
????
Why would you do that? A 1C change is undetectable. How is this a bad system?

>When will the US finally use metric units in everyday life?

does it really matter?

Anyone smart enough to need to know the difference will be able to do the trivial conversions where appropriate. The rest of people who neither need to know the difference nor care are not bettered in any way by conversion to another system.

Because it's easier and quicker to multiply by .01, 10 or 1000

I remember reading somewhere that the least desirable job at NIST is "Metric System Advocate".

bilingual is better

>>What is Kelvin: The Post
C - 273.15

>setting your alternating current at 20,15 coulombs

You what nigga?

ITT: yuropoors too stupid to do simple conversions or even check their units.

>muh boiling water

There's a lot of English Spanish bilinguals in the southwest, luckily. Not nearly enough though

>besides that it literally doesn't matter.
>does it really matter?
Do I have to remind you that WE LOST A SPACE PROBE because of this, the Mars Climate Orbiter?

>It's not that hard to convert between imperial units. How are you fags bragging about passing calc 3 when you can't even multiply and divide by 12, 1760 and 5280?
Three random numbers to remember, when with SI you have have to use powers of ten.

>capable of memorizing all sorts of constants for chemistry and physics classes, but can't memorize 3 integers used by elementry schoolers.

I mean, I get it, in the states everybody eventually got used to all those weird units, but I was never aware that those idiots are seriously defending that clusterfuck. There isn't a single advantage, it's tedious, it's extremely prone to errors and simply ugly. And don't even start to argue it's more intuitive in daily life, it really is not at all. It's all just a matter of what you grew up with. I guarantee you, over here nobody struggles with SI units in daily life (except literal retards maybe).

Two shitty 3rd world countries (Myanmar and Liberia) are the ONLY two other countries in the WORLD that have yet to switch to the Metric system

When it doesn't cost a shit ton of money to redo the infrastructure and force everyone to learn a new measurement system

>does it really matter?
It matters a great deal if everyone uses the SAME units. It does not particularly matter what those units are, but having them be a global standard is immensely valuable. Which is why the peoples of the world picked a convenient one some two hundred years ago and standardized on it.

>Liberia
Well, if you take into account that Liberia was founded by American slaves, then is logical...

Only legit answer in this thread. That's the most important reason and pretty much the only reason.

inches, knots and feet can stay because they're used often in aviation or elsewhere. but rest of the units like fl.oz, oz, pounds, pints, ft-lbs can go fuck themselves

>There isn't a single advantage
It's more so about there not being any significant disadvantage to justify >tedious
all you have to do is multiply by a single conversion factor

>extremely prone to errors
only if you're too stupid to check your units

>simply ugly
Oh, you're retarded. sorry I bothered you, brainlet.

>When it doesn't cost a shit ton of money to redo the infrastructure and force everyone to learn a new measurement system
>Only legit answer in this thread. That's the most important reason and pretty much the only reason.
It doesn't cost so much, look how the Europeans learned a new currency, it's only an excuse because you are lazy.

8494767 is describing the American units, not the SI. And I completely agree.

Jesus, you are retarded. At least try to read the posts you are replying to.

When we realize that the blight is in the soil and not the branches

>inches, knots and feet can stay because they're used often in aviation or elsewhere
same as fl.oz, oz, pounds, pints and t-lbs

They should all be abolished.

You right it's not difficult at all, but why do it in the first place?

Please multiply 12.7 with 1760. Now multiply 12.7 with 10 or with 100. Which was faster and easier?