I'm trying to write the "Great American Novel"

I'm trying to write the "Great American Novel".

What should it be about?

SHART
IN
MART

A lawyer, fighting to exonerate the first astronaut to kill another astronaut in space

The title of it should be EARTHLING

>BRRRAAAAAAAPPP

I've come up with more ideas

1. The story of a man trying to move from Utah to Pennsylvania

2. The story of a man running to be President who is secretly a woman crossdressing and who gets her period during a debate

3. The story of a postal worker dreaming of making the mail more efficient, whether or not the rest of the country has to die for it to happen

4. The story of the man who invented velcro but was tricked out of the patent

5. The story of the man who tricked the inventor of velcro into giving him the patent

6. The story of a talk show host who decides to be more patriotic and less liberal, even if it means the network dying

The story of a man and his wife's son as they explore planning a gay wedding. The man got the courage when his father switched genders. Make sure to include a vital scene where Tyrone fucks his wife symbolically to illustrate that young black males rape because the white man raped them emotionally

A white supremacists who infiltrates BLM by wearing blackface, and a Libyan-Americans quest for enlightenment through excessive LSD consumption.

Their plots are somehow intertwined, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Alienation, the internet, politics for attention from the right and the left, the right especially as it gets less serious professional scrutiny and respect, and fighting against what you previously believed was true and right.

Happy 9/11, everyone!

Two of those ideas are good and the rest are trash.

America maybe

Is it the Velcro ones?

The story of how the great greek culture turned into a shitfest.

A muslim who becomes president of the united states then starts, slowly, turning her into a sharia hell hole.

I would read it.

a young man gets his girlfriend pregnant
enlists in the army during the Bush Jr years because now he needs a job to provide for his family
while on duty, during the months he in Iraq, his girlfriend cheats on him and makes him a cuck

psychological exploration of that

whaling

my dudes.

Just write it about a retired Monster Truck driver trying to come to grips with 9/11. As the novel progresses he befriends a Truther with a bizarre tabloid with a small circulation in his Midwest town. Together they uncover a series of Dark Secrets, leading them on a trek across the country interviewing people who might have something to do with those Dark Secrets.

The reader should intermittently suspect them of being paranoid lunatics.

Midway through the novel (maybe in the Mall of America) they realize they're being pursued by government spooks.

You can work out the climax and resolution yourself.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

this is actually a pretty clever premise

memetic warfare

Somehow combine all of these into one story

I would watch a Netflix mini series about this

me

... Brothers?

Sounds like a very decent pitch for a romantic comedy movie. I'm certain this could get made.

Combine all of these into one book. The great american novel is dead, you should instead try to write a meme tome like IJ or Jerusalem.

are you guys having a laugh?

kek

no

No. I think it sounds like what could be a real romantic comedy. Maybe even an above average in quality one.

it's an old pasta

Write about a Cold War situation, where you repeadetly compare nuking a country with tactics from an american football game.

ah good to know
doesn't change my opinion though

An edgy faggot tries to create his own state (his house and backyard) inside the United States and suceeds because of a loophole. The army tries to conquest his house but he makes a deal with china so he's 'safe'.
Then he starts annexing the surrounding houses while starting another cold war.