What book did you have the most fun reading?

What book did you have the most fun reading?

siddhartha desu senpai

bump

did you have a lot of previous knowledge?

Catch 22

The Monk by Matthew Lewis

Her by Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Best buk

Candide by Voltaire.

Mason & Dixon

Not even memeing

Neuromancer

Gravity's rainbow

Imo it loses steam about 2/3rds of the way through. Nice cover though

I kept getting the feeling that I understood the formula that he was now adhering to and then he kept throwing curve balls. Most fun I've ever had with a book.

Certainly The Bald Soprano, and The Lesson.
I couldn't read it again in public, with the tears running down my face.
Absurdism at its finest. Like a Kafka who would have completely freed the humor drive.

patrician taste OP

btw, there's a stage theater in Paris that has been playing the Bald Soprano twice a day for like, 40 years, continuously.

Ulysses

what's the best translation of OP?

I read the French translation by GĂ©rard de Nerval, which Goethe himself thought to be as good as the original one. So if you can read French, pick that one. I can't really help you otherwise.

About Faust? We had studied it in a German class a few years before but I had forgotten most of what I knew about it when I started reading it, so I pretty much knew nothing besides a vague recollection of the plot.

JR or A Void

I like you already

Very fun book. It's really a joy to read. The plot is so wacky and it escalates at the perfect pace.

Not my favorite book, but wrote possibly the one I had the most fun with. Calvino is a top jokester. Invisible Cities is great also.

Faust is in my top list as well. Can't help but smile when you get a glimpse of the sheer ingenuity.
Thus Spoke Zarathustra was more "fun" for me, I'd say though.

fun in the real sense of the word? probably a bunch of comedies written by my country's native writers. they're done in the same style as Moliere's comedies, but have that domestic feel to them.
also, Anna Karenina because it was the first mature 'adult' novel i read back when i was 13, and one of the first books that really impressed me. it was mainly because of Lenin desu, i thought he was the most relatable character and was intrigued by his story.

Mah nigga