Tfw not living the literary lifestyle

>tfw not living the literary lifestyle

>live the literary lifestyle
>movie into a cool downtown apartment in a small town with an artistic community and Bohemian flare
>one day you notice a lot of people driving around town in Prius and sitting in coffee shops on their MacBooks
>weird botiques start popping up everywhere such as 'organic nail salon'
>Whole Foods opens across the street
>Your landlord raises the rent so that you can no longer afford it
>Forced to move to the hispanic side of town across the tracks

Don't try to, it doesn't really lead to anything

you're what's known as the head of the spear. you aren't really the problem insofar as you are still poor and you aren't one of the agents fucking up the local economy, but you lend the area cachet - yuppies see you, they want to be you, and suddenly the area is ruined.

real artists love mexicans though

isnt living the literary lifestyle just reading books?

>>Forced to move to the hispanic side of town across the tracks
nothing wrong with that

>move from shithole flat to shithole flat
>discover a regional poet of minor acclaim once wrote a poem about my current street

This. That and writing. There's nothing "literary" about dank apartments or cigarettes and coffee. It's all poser trash and it really makes me think that 90% of the people on this board are cross posters from /mu/.

with that simplistic mindset I imagine your literary writings are the bomb

At least my reading and writing time aren't taken up by arranging images of my "haul" alongside a £4 black coffee in a desperate attempt to get someone on Instagram to think I'm intelligent.

Ese detected :^)

im slavic m8

No, the literary lifestyle is being born into extreme wealth and having intellectual pursuits while being depressed like Wittgenstein
>bertrand russell will never describe you as the most perfect example of genius

>>No, the literary lifestyle is being born into extreme wealth
Pretty much.
:(

CHI?

Talent is what makes a lifestyle "literary". One could flip burgers and still ride sharper roads than a flat and bland Cambridge student.

People will pay you for a unique POV. Buying into a lifestyle brand is a sure way to kill anything you had going for you in the first place.

It's okay, Russel was a sack of shit

wrecked that strawman bro

Sodosopa?

>slavs and chicanos unite
>official

>tfw no hispanic part of town

all we have are arabs and turks and they kill people for drawing pictures

mexicans love pictures

Nah, can't hustle the Russell

>tfw I lived the literary life for a year
>I wrote 9 novels, more like 9 first drafts
>none of them were accepted for publication
>I had to get a real job
>I look back on it as being one of the worst years of my life
>will consider writing a novel again later. After I have something good, maybe an amalgamation of all my previous attempts.

I came to Veeky Forums everyday.

You are living the literary lifestyle, you just suck. What you want is to live the successful literary lifestyle like DFW. He wasn't successful because of his literary lifestyle though so you will probably continue to fail.

Pretty spooky desu

I started dressing like shit when I'm just hanging around my neighborhood to help combat that. I look like white trash, so hopefully my area seems less desirable. Nonetheless, slowly but surely the hipsters are moving in.

just flick your cigarette at them when you're squatting on the corner in your adidas

hipsters scare easily

Did you just send them to publishers without an agent? Then you fucked up.

I blow smoke in their faces when they walk past, and stare them down as they drive by in their VWs, it seems to work well enough.

You're just wasting your time, bro. Go harrass some real estate agents or something

>tfw bought a bunch of books, want to get back into reading and off the vidya train
>cant fucking sit down and unwind with my book during any other part of the day other than late otherwise i dont remember shit
>when i do read late i just get sleepy and fucking die
how do i save myself

>Perlman

I'm sorry but you've already lost, my friend

I pull their signs out of yards at night, but real estate agents aren't as passive as hipsters. If you get shitty with them irl they'll either get shitty back, or call the police on you.

Was it the poverty or the wasted opportunity that bothered you?

drag yo plebby ass back to v ya bitch!!!

100/10