How can neuroscience resolve the explanatory gap in a testable way?

How can neuroscience resolve the explanatory gap in a testable way?

Also neuro/sci/entists come share youre neuroscience I find it fascinating

Other urls found in this thread:

fflch.usp.br/df/opessoa/Dennett-Quining-Qualia.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why?

>the explanatory gap
meaning?

google it

OP here,
It freaks me out sometimes

>How can neuroscience resolve the explanatory gap in a testable way?
We can't. It's as simple as that. This is a matter of philosophy, not a matter of empiricism. I'm not implying dualism or anything of the sort, but qualia are subjective by definition and not subjectable to empirical tools.

Subjective by definition, quite true

But surely the existence of qualia is objective, despite the state of qualia being inherently subjective?

>the existence of qualia is objective
Actually, no. People like Daniel Dennett argue that they simply do not exist.

Hmmm, I will have to read into that

Surely though if qualia dont exist, then the conlusion that qualia dont exist likewise does not exist, but then again neither does this conclusion

ERR Recursion Limit Reached

>Hmmm, I will have to read into that
Have fun!
fflch.usp.br/df/opessoa/Dennett-Quining-Qualia.pdf

Dennett is a meme.

Your point being?

Dennett is a meme.

Okay then.

Cheers!

Graduating with a BS is molecular neuroscience in December.

Imo this gap is basically a black box and will likely never be explained. Sorry if that wasn't what you were looking for, OP. You can google "Hard problem of consciousness" if you want to know more.

>tfw chose the neuroscience specialization that normies think is the most boring

Thank you! A real neuroscientist responded, I admit I wouldve been supprised if you had a simple satisfying solution, maybe we just have to live with the black box :)

Kek, I was the one who was responding before and I'm a post-doc.

How's life on the other side? I'm submitting grad school apps in a few days, though they're mostly pharmacology programs (still a few neuro programs in the mix).

About the same, except I get payed more

i honestly believe that there is no explanatory gap and there need not be one.

Oh fair play hahahha

We call it the hard problem of consciousness these days and there is no good explanation

If you dont believe the hard problem is real then you have simply failed to understand the question

Or you are just in mindless denial

well tell me what the gap is and what its consequences are and ill tell you if you change my mind.

tfw God.